• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Never knew that either mate. Cheers for that. Ive used HWinfo a few times just, only wanted to see what my average and max cpu/gpu use was over a full round. Much handier though with the latest ab as i can get it on screen and my keyboard lcd.

Hi Guys i now have windows 8.1 people on here have said this makes BF4 run better, Is this on 32bit or 64bit version of BF4?

Many thanks oh and Merry Christmas :D;)

Last edited:
64bit version is the one to use.:)
Yeah and it crashes as much as the 32 bit version. The game was rushed to try and beat cod sales. That was ok for the first few days. But cod will always outsell a bf game because its more established. Not a game id buy myself though because the last few cod games have been a waste of hard drive space let alone play time. But the misguided sheep still buy them.

Yeah and it crashes as much as the 32 bit version. The game was rushed to try and beat cod sales.

Blanket statement.

Bar the disconnect bug, it's been fantastic performance and very stable using 7950 CrossFire up to when I got my 290(X) 3 ish weeks ago and also now enjoying continued complete game stability.

Hardware/config/unstable OS/oc's most often than not contribute/get the blame for an engine bug.:)

Have to admit the game has been stable for me for a while now and certainly no more crashes. Performance is also very good. I think its time to release mantle now as the game seems to be running pretty well.

Well had a game on my new windows 8 with a fresh instal of BF4, I used the 64bit version and all I can say is wow :eek:
Much smoother in general, it was not to bad before but there is something different in the way it plays no hitching or stuttering at all.

Only had one game and did not crash but will look out for this.

So my 7990 has gone, decided to spend the majority of the money on a new snowboard and bindings for the upcoming season.

So budget, isn't great now, what card could comfortably run bf4 at lowest settings at 60fps minimum? Say something like a 580/6970?

So my 7990 has gone, decided to spend the majority of the money on a new snowboard and bindings for the upcoming season.

So budget, isn't great now, what card could comfortably run bf4 at lowest settings at 60fps minimum? Say something like a 580/6970?

What's your budget? 270X or a 270 would be solid choices at 1080p in BF4. Probably get away with Ultra settings with AA off or at x2.

What's your budget? 270X or a 270 would be solid choices at 1080p in BF4. Probably get away with Ultra settings with AA off or at x2.

It's just going to be a stop gap before I pick up a better setup later on in the year, be around May after my trips.

Not bothered about being all ultra just smooth and won't be buying new, thinking a 670 as they can be had for about £115 on the MM. Ideally slightly less though which is why I'm thinking 6970/580.

It's just going to be a stop gap before I pick up a better setup later on in the year, be around May after my trips.

Not bothered about being all ultra just smooth and won't be buying new, thinking a 670 as they can be had for about £115 on the MM. Ideally slightly less though which is why I'm thinking 6970/580.

Any of those cards should be fine mate tbh. :)

I need to get some BF4 benchmarks up for my new setup, will get on that now. :cool:

Any of those cards should be fine mate tbh. :)

I need to get some BF4 benchmarks up for my new setup, will get on that now. :cool:

Yeah what I'm thinking. :) 6970's are around £70 or so, doubt I'll get much better for my money.

Do it. :D

By May, Mantle should be nicely released and stable and I'll probably grab a 290 or 2 then. :)

Yeah what I'm thinking. :) 6970's are around £70 or so, doubt I'll get much better for my money.

Do it. :D

By May, Mantle should be nicely released and stable and I'll probably grab a 290 or 2 then. :)

This is what £560 got me.

[email protected]
290 Pro Crossfire @stock
13.12 WHQL
1440P Ultra +x4AA
W8.1

Golmud Railway 32 Domination

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
98795, 803078, 81, 182, 125.018

Back
Top Bottom