• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

How does the 7970 do in BF4 all maxed out guys? Ideally on something like a 2700K+?

Tempted to get it on Origin but i've heard it's still a mess. That and i'm wondering if my 7970 will be up to it, currently have it clocked at 1200/1600 and it runs BF3 flawlessly maxed out on 64 player maps.

How does the 7970 do in BF4 all maxed out guys? Ideally on something like a 2700K+?

Tempted to get it on Origin but i've heard it's still a mess. That and i'm wondering if my 7970 will be up to it, currently have it clocked at 1200/1600 and it runs BF3 flawlessly maxed out on 64 player maps.

I'd pick up a copy on the MM for about £18. Will be just the base game though.

Want to know how it runs on a 7970 first before I hand my cash over, hopefully won't have to upgrade to a 780/290. :p

My 7870 runs it with average fps of 50-70 on 64 player maps. Everything Ultra, SBAO and 2x AA. 1080p.

I know it's not the 7970 but you should see at least 10-30% better performance over my 7870 :)

BF4 is amazing. Yes there are glitches and bugs but the core multiplayer experience is smooth and improving with every update. Yes people moan about it not being a polished game but I'd rather play a graphically immense game at 90% complete 6 months earlier than it would take to make it an extra 10% bug free.

I did upgrade to a 7990 for £360 before Xmas but I found that my 7870 still can cope fine so sold it on for £500 ha!

Also remember Mantle should give a performance boost to your 7970!

Annnnnd... My 7870 is only 2GB and runs BF4 smoothly on all maps!

It is a highly overclocked version though, on par with a stock 7950 performance.

Your 920 will be a bottleneck at present. Mantle, when it appears should help with this a bit. But it's delayed again. With sli gtx 670's my minimum fps were in the high 50's, averaging 85 or so at 1920x1200 ultra with x4 msaa, (map dependent of course).

I did try the 670's briefly in my second system, (i7 930 @4ghz). Card use wasnt as consistently high as my system in sig and cpu use was a bit higher.

Yes it is.

Your 920 will be a bottleneck at present. Mantle, when it appears should help with this a bit. But it's delayed again. With sli gtx 670's my minimum fps were in the high 50's, averaging 85 or so at 1920x1200 ultra with x4 msaa, (map dependent of course).

I did try the 670's briefly in my second system, (i7 930 @4ghz). Card use wasnt as consistently high as my system in sig and cpu use was a bit higher.

Yup. My 2500k @ 4.5 bottlenecks a 7990 significantly.

Cheers, would a 4770k lift that bottleneck or a 4930k? I keep putting it off as matt knows.

Either of those cpu's would help chief. 4930k is a lot of money though. I can vouch for the 4770k having owned one a while now, it will run the cards at x8 in xfire as opposed to x16 in an x79 system or your current x58 rig. Think the difference in performance is pretty small though. Haswells do run pretty hot when stressed with synthetic test programs, but in normal use theyre on a par temp wise with any other current intel cpu.

Either of those cpu's would help chief. 4930k is a lot of money though. I can vouch for the 4770k having owned one a while now, it will run the cards at x8 in xfire as opposed to x16 in an x79 system or your current x58 rig. Think the difference in performance is pretty small though. Haswells do run pretty hot when stressed with synthetic test programs, but in normal use theyre on a par temp wise with any other current intel cpu.

Any i7 or better will be fine, so long as its no older than sandy bridge.

Thank you, 4770k it is then.

Back
Top Bottom