• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

After spending some time with my new windows 8.1 playing BF4, It has transformed the game beyond belief :eek:
The lowest I've seen the fps drop is around 90, I was dropping to as low as 45 with win7.

It's such a huge change in game that for me it's like having Mantel :D lol so if an operating system can do this then I dread to think what this direct to metal Mantel will do:eek:

Why is win8 doing to make it play so differently?

I've been trying to hold out on installing win 8 hoping Mantle would be out but I think 7 is holding back my 7970s. AMD have for until the new year... Bah humbug

Have to admit the game has been stable for me for a while now and certainly no more crashes. Performance is also very good. I think its time to release mantle now as the game seems to be running pretty well.

Indeed. Haven't had a crash in weeks/ many hours of play. The last couple of patches seem to have fixed the crash to desktops. Woop!

No crashes from me, not since they fixed flickering anyway.

I know they are currently focussed on fixing the sync between gunfire/hit/blood, they got the blood sync better apparently so it no longer appears around 100ms after you actually hit the enemy, which is pretty cool. Feedback being more responsive will definitely make the game feel better.

Mantle can't be too far away now though, The game is actually taking shape. Maybe with the next patch they will throw in Mantle. I said that for the last big patch and all I got was that shiny flickering bug. :p

Ive had a couple of directx crashes and my mouse pointer sometimes disappears when the game starts. The mouse problem only started after the Dec 16th patch. In general the game is a lot more stable now though.

Performance only seems to be getting worse for me. Drops down into the 30's now on 64 man, ultra 4xmsaa on Shanghai after the Skyscraper collapse with crossfire 7950's and a 4770k. Thinking of trying Windows 8 as the one common conclusion is that it improves the min fps and as I hit highs in the 150's regularly I don't think the problem is at that end!

One other thing I have read about is the High Precision Event Timer, apparently there is supposed to be an option in the BIOS which there isn't on mine but i've not found anything about it on Z87 boards, it is however under Device Manager system devices but states 'No driver is installed for this device'. Anyone heard anything about this HPET or am I clutching at straws around this broken game :p

after the last patch the x64 exe has improved significantly but still stutters

switching to the x86 exe on Win7 gave almost Win8 smoothness on my system

2700k @ 4.8 SLI 770 Lightnings 16gb ram

the drastic difference between Win7 and 8 is due to a buggy game rather than Windows itself imo as no other game shows such a discrepancy

but then again BF4 does use Win8 exclusive DX11.1

hmm either way BF4 is not worth switching to that pos...

I'm getting disturbingly comfortable and happy with win8.1 I have to say.
Hated the ******* with a passion at first, but y'know, it's pretty decent if you use startisback/start8 or something and give it a week or so.

I'm getting disturbingly comfortable and happy with win8.1 I have to say.
Hated the ******* with a passion at first, but y'know, it's pretty decent if you use startisback/start8 or something and give it a week or so.

for me the lack of the start button is the least of my problems with Win8 as that's easily added back

while under the hood im sure Win8 is a decent improvement over Win7
my problem is the whole design and look of the UI

everything is worse and just horrendously ugly compared to Win 7

for me anyway

Back
Top Bottom