• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Here is another set of benches from me this time using an FX8320 at 4.6 and 4.8 Ghz paired with a 780 Classified with a mild/moderate overclock:

Here is a comparison chart with the same CPU and my 7990 at the time:

Cheers guys. Thont yes I sold the 7990 as I got a good price for it (I think a miner bought it and he paid a good nearly £200 more than I paid for it :p).

The FX8320 is going very strong. Happily at 4.8 GHz all day with temps under 50C. If I gave it a decent rad, I think it could run at 5/5.2 GHz 24/7. Have been toying with the idea of swapping for a 4770k but I don't use the system enough to warrant it at present.

Just thought I'd mention that a R9 280x paired with an i3 gets around 45 average on ultra with lows of 29 and highs of 60, benched on 64 man operation locker. On high its about 10 more for every value, pretty surprised of the i3's performance actually, still upgrading to more cores though

Just thought I'd mention that a R9 280x paired with an i3 gets around 45 average on ultra with lows of 29 and highs of 60, benched on 64 man operation locker. On high its about 10 more for every value, pretty surprised of the i3's performance actually, still upgrading to more cores though

Good info that and not surprised to see those frames, as I imagine the i3 is`holding back that 280X. Lows from other users are around the 50 mark and highs of 120.

Does yep, ive had the performance graph running via the user.cfg. Massive cpu spikes that correspond with stuttering on screen. Even tried with no msaa the last few nights, just the same.

I have not played in a while (Batman Origins has me hooked) but pretty sure that shouldn't be happening. Maybe others with 780's can confirm before you reinstall. Do you have anything else running that could interfere?

I only get it when the physics engine is playing up around badly destroyed buildings - the rest of the time its pretty smooth.

EDIT: Might want to try setting system RAM and/or VRAM to defaults or a lower overclock - when playing around I noticed BF4 can get quite stuttery at times when these are pushed to the edge of stability.

Last edited:
Just origin, afterburner and firefox for bl. Bf3 on the other hand runs flawlessly, it is a bit less demanding though. Cpu maxing at 65c, gpu at 64c so nothings throttling.

Last edited:
Very true, my connection is a joke. Ive got everything upto cr backed up so could use that to start things of.

@Rroff, gpu is at stock and system ram is running on it's xmp profile. 2400mhz, 10-11-11-31, 2T.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom