• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Hey LtMatt,

Are you using the default voltage for 1100/1400? I get the occasional "DirectX Hung" crash in BF4 if I use those clocks, but 1050/1350 seems to be fine at stock volts.

I'm reluctant to add any voltage because I "only" have a Corsair AX860 PSU, and I'm using Crossfire.

Last edited:
Only lockers to be fair, but yeah. Bring on Mantle i say. Plenty of room for improvement i reckon. I'll be glad when i don't have to play BF4 on DX11 any more. Can't wait to bench test DX11 vs Mantle. Expect a thread and lots of pics/tests. ;)
Yep, lockers isnt the most demanding id agree. Will indeed be interesting to see what mantle does. Myself though im looking forward to another 780, sooner the better.

Hey LtMatt,

Are you using the default voltage for 1100/1400? I get the occasional "DirectX Hung" crash in BF4 if I use those clocks, but 1050/1350 seems to be fine at stock volts.

I'm reluctant to add any voltage because I "only" have a Corsair AX860 PSU.

Single card or crossfire buddy?

I'm on crossfire with a 750W Gold psu. My psu is ok up to around 800W, after that it can crap out at any second. :D

Yes im using default voltage. I typically would not game at these clocks though, i was just running a test to see if it was stable. Pointless running these clocks for me as i have more fps than i need. I'd rather run stock (975/1250) and under volt (-0.050mv_ and run a quiet fan profile. (50-60%)

Yep, lockers isnt the most demanding id agree. Will indeed be interesting to see what mantle does. Myself though im looking forward to another 780, sooner the better.

Yep Multi gpu is the way forward i reckon. Once you have two beasts like a 290/780 or higher you no longer need to overclock. Just run stock and under volt to keep things as quiet and as cool as possible. You need to move up to 1440P mate. 1080P is old hat these days. I promise its worth the jump.

Last edited:
Single card or crossfire buddy?

I'm on crossfire with a 750W Gold psu. My psu is ok up to around 800W, after that it can crap out at any second. :D

Yes im using default voltage. I typically would not game at these clocks though, i was just running a test to see if it was stable. Pointless running these clocks for me as i have more fps than i need. I'd rather run stock (975/1250) and under volt (-0.050mv_ and run a quiet fan profile. (50-60%)

Sorry, I must've edited my post while you were replying :) I'm running Crossfire.

I'll try the 975/1250 clocks with -0.05mv less and see how it goes. You're right about 2 x 290 being more than enough at 1440p Ultra.

Sorry, I must've edited my post while you were replying :) I'm running Crossfire.

I'll try the 975/1250 clocks with -0.05mv less and see how it goes. You're right about 2 x 290 being more than enough at 1440p Ultra.

Congrats on the cards. They pwn bf4. Try running -0.050mv stock, not 0.05mv. Take off as much voltage as you can while avoiding crashing, black screens, driver reset messages and flickering while on the desktop/idle. Helps keeps temps down and keep the fan profile lower. Also change paste if you can, ive heard it can knock 3-5c off temps. Use Gelid GC Extreme. I've also heard thats one of the best to use.

9lbzsUH.jpg

Last edited:
lockers is like metro indoors at least another 20-30 fps extra than say pacific :D

run pacific mat :) be interesting to see if you get above 60 fps mins on max.

Yep Multi gpu is the way forward i reckon. Once you have two beasts like a 290/780 or higher you no longer need to overclock. Just run stock and under volt to keep things as quiet and as cool as possible. You need to move up to 1440P mate. 1080P is old hat these days. I promise its worth the jump.
Ill be moving to a 27" sometime this year, was really tempted by this.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-043-AS&groupid=17&catid=1120

But ill hold off till g-sync versions are out. Got the small matter of a case change coming up soon to so funds are accounted for. Corsair 540 as i feel it will be a better case for cooling sli'd cards.

Justifying that purchase! :p

Where's the fun in not overclocking? LtMatt committing treason. :D

I do agree 1440p is king. :)

Anyone here running a 2nd screen for the 'battlescreen' full screen map? How does it effect performance? Also if I'm running crossfire 7970s would you connect the 2nd screen via the first GPU or 2nd? Or doesn't it make any difference?? Answers gratefully received...

Anyone here running a 2nd screen for the 'battlescreen' full screen map? How does it effect performance? Also if I'm running crossfire 7970s would you connect the 2nd screen via the first GPU or 2nd? Or doesn't it make any difference?? Answers gratefully received...

I ran battlelog on my second screen and it works well with no noticeable performance hit. For AMD, you will need to connect a second monitor to the first card and be prepared for hotter idle clocks for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom