• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Just thought I'd post as after all the issues I'd had. I finally decided to chuck on Windows 8.1 to see if it would be the cure to my low minimums fps as mantle is still up in the air. After an initial snag which I think was to do with the 13.12 drivers not installing correctly and it not going past 10 fps I reinstalled them and bam. The difference is night and day. Where I was dropping into the 30'sat certain points on Shanghai I saw it hit 66fps at its lowest on 64 man full ultra as the skyscraper came down otherwise 80-120. Admittedly just proves how terrible DICE are but meh I'm happy!

Does/Has anyone else used th in-game FPS limiter (via a console command)?
I set it up using the BF4 Settings Editor app.
My plan was to use it instead of Vsync to stop screen tearing.
However, it seems to me that using this actually has a negative impact on my framerate. I seem to get higher framerates removing it from the config file and just running with Vsync. But it can be hard to tell as some servers seem better on some maps than other and some servers seem to give better fps than others, I can't always test on the same server. Even if I do I'm not sure if it's happening or if it's just my imagination now.

So has anyone else noticed this when using the in-game fps limiter command?

It seems silly, but this IS BF4...

I ran battlelog on my second screen and it works well with no noticeable performance hit. For AMD, you will need to connect a second monitor to the first card and be prepared for hotter idle clocks for some reason.

Just to let u know AMD fixed the extended desktop mode with hotter idle clocks.. at least for my 7950. Clocks are now 300/150 in either setup since a few beta's ago.

Fired up BF4 ... and it would not go into full screen so I was trying to play with max settings on one half of a 7990 @ 1600p ... not good!

I set it to full screen and it blanked for a minute or so and came back as it was - which was borderless mode .. bah! Back to the coins :)

Just to let u know AMD fixed the extended desktop mode with hotter idle clocks.. at least for my 7950. Clocks are now 300/150 in either setup since a few beta's ago.

My 6970 was 30c idle on a single screen but 55c on dual screens. Clocks were low but no idea why the high temps and it was only a temp set-up, so wasn't fussed.

Can anyone with a 290x tell me what FPS they are getting in BF4, worst case? For example if I get on the top of the skyscraper in Siege 64 and look down, I get ~55-60 FPS. Is that normal?

EDIT: That's with max settings, 4xAA, 85 FoV.

Can anyone with a 290x tell me what FPS they are getting in BF4, worst case? For example if I get on the top of the skyscraper in Siege 64 and look down, I get ~55-60 FPS. Is that normal?

EDIT: That's with max settings, 4xAA, 85 FoV.

Yup i drops below 60 sometimes on shanghai with 4xaa

I just don't get the significance of all these other coins that are coming out every few weeks.

Who is that sits down and says "right lets make a new cryptocurrency"
What is their gain in it and how are they assured of a return?

Latest patch has really smoothed out the performance for me in SLI.

Also tried resolution scaling. Let's just say 200% scaling with 4x MSAA and ultra presets doesn't paint a pretty picture performance wise at 1440P :D.

Equivalent of putting 2X SSAA on top of 4xMSAA. Will need a bit more than 3GB frame bufferage for that :D

I can't even join a server anymore. Tried for about 20 minutes to join a game and gave up.

When your in that situation again close down the web page and close down the BF4 icon in the taskbar then restart the game and you should be good to go.

This works for me, I don't know why this does this but doing the above gets me into a server first time.

Latest patch has really smoothed out the performance for me in SLI.

Also tried resolution scaling. Let's just say 200% scaling with 4x MSAA and ultra presets doesn't paint a pretty picture performance wise at 1440P :D.

Equivalent of putting 2X SSAA on top of 4xMSAA. Will need a bit more than 3GB frame bufferage for that :D

That's going from rendering ~3.5M pixels to over 7M pixels. WIth 1440p and res scaling you dont need MSAA. I think you should FRAPS the above to give us clarification. :eek::D

Back
Top Bottom