• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I'll have a go at 1440P 200% res scaling on my 290 crossfire setup later. I'n not expecting miracles. :D

Yeah lol. I'm not sure what the actual matter was but it took me a few minutes to get back into the menu to change it :D VRAM usage said 3000MB odd though :D.

Although I wacked up 8X MSSA in AC4 last night just for lols and it said 3055mb at times but it was still playable :D.

Just to follow up from earlier, 1440P with 200% scaling works out at 7.1K resolution.

As far as VRAM debates go, I think it's safe to say...a wall was hit :D. Interestingly though it was still running at about 40fps for the most part. (Till it fell over and died ;)) With three 780Tis that is.

havnt played bf4 in a bit . logged in tonight constant crashes . memory usage just increases to a crazy amount and then the whole computer takes a ****.never had this issue before usual the game runs without issue for me. i thought they fixed that problem in the patch?

I can't say personally whether a single thing has actually been fixed.

They claimed the enemy's health will show correctly when they kill you now. Except that now instead of showing them on 1 hp regular, it now shows them on 0 hp, but still alive. So this is officially the BF Zombie patch.

Also I got killed, but the guy who killed me died at the same time, no one around us and I got Assist Counts as kill, 100 points. Which suggests I actually done the entire damage, yet I got an assist. Didn't think to check the top right to see what, or who got the kill registered.

Crashes have increased, I very occasionally get fps drops and hit reg seems to have taken a bit of a hit.

It seems like the patch did absolutely nothing for me. None of them seem like fixes, just breaking it in a different way instead.

Very strange.

I can't say personally whether a single thing has actually been fixed.

They claimed the enemy's health will show correctly when they kill you now. Except that now instead of showing them on 1 hp regular, it now shows them on 0 hp, but still alive. So this is officially the BF Zombie patch.

Also I got killed, but the guy who killed me died at the same time, no one around us and I got Assist Counts as kill, 100 points. Which suggests I actually done the entire damage, yet I got an assist. Didn't think to check the top right to see what, or who got the kill registered.

Crashes have increased, I very occasionally get fps drops and hit reg seems to have taken a bit of a hit.

It seems like the patch did absolutely nothing for me. None of them seem like fixes, just breaking it in a different way instead.

Very strange.

yeah i never had this crash before, its annoying now.

also i knocked a guy down to 0% and then he killed me got on his quad and rode off as if everything was ok.

and then later i meet another guy and started shooting a full clip at him but no hit markers and then next thing the knife animation starts. luckily i spammed F and countered the *******. some crazy stuff happening on the battlefield these days

havnt played bf4 in a bit . logged in tonight constant crashes . memory usage just increases to a crazy amount and then the whole computer takes a ****.never had this issue before usual the game runs without issue for me. i thought they fixed that problem in the patch?

Weldon can you drop Thracks a trust mail? I know AMD and Dice are trying to fix this bug but are having trouble replicating it.

Send him an email mentioning the problem and tell him i sent you. The sooner this is fixed, the sooner we'll get Mantle. :)

Thracks

AMD and EA are trying to discover the origin of this problem, and have been unsuccessful at reproducing it throughout December. Please PM me if you would be willing to contribute game logs, system logs and other data to our QA teams so that we can find the root cause and resolve the issue.

Thanks, guys!

-Robert

Weldon can you drop Thracks a trust mail? I know AMD and Dice are trying to fix this bug but are having trouble replicating it.

Send him an email mentioning the problem and tell him i sent you. The sooner this is fixed, the sooner we'll get Mantle. :)

Thracks

I shall test again tonight and fire an email to him thanks.
EDIT:
i only seems to happen on shanghai.

Last edited:
Patch definitely seems to have made things worse, for me at least.

Not getting any crashes but fps seem a little lower I think, still around 100-110 average but definitely a little lower.

Got that respawn issue which was fixed by updating pb, hitreg is worse too.

Overall I'm still enjoying the game though.

Patch definitely seems to have made things worse, for me at least.

Not getting any crashes but fps seem a little lower I think, still around 100-110 average but definitely a little lower.

Got that respawn issue which was fixed by updating pb, hitreg is worse too.

Overall I'm still enjoying the game though.

See, now the hit reg is ok for me. Seems constantly up and down from time to time. I assume if the the server comes under a bit of stress, it just messes up the hit reg, because I have had plenty of games where hit reg seems fantastic. Then on the same server a round or so later, it feels like I need 2-3 times more bullets to kill people and 1 hit kills happen more often.

It could be my end, either way any slight connection instability can completely mess up the hit reg. My mate tried it yesterday and refuses to play it now as he was seriously gimped with it and he has never complained about it in the past. So something is definitely up with it. I seem to be pretty lucky in that regards mind.

Hit reg itself doesn't seem to be any different for me but I'm getting more frequent periods where the game goes "floaty" for want of a better way to describe it and the client is effectively out of sync with hits not really registering but you can still be hit fine :(

Back
Top Bottom