• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Good idea guys, from watching both i seen just the one spike thats similair to what i get pgi, though you reported no stuttering. @Matt, on yours both the cpu and gpu line rise at the same time on the graph. But still looks to be pretty smooth. Thanks for uploading the videos guys.

^^^
That's much better framerate than I get in BF4 at 1080p.
I'm not sure what's wrong with my setup, but it seems something is. Maybe my CPU overclock is too low?

I'm missing some fps from that video as well. The cost of DXTORY im afraid. Not sure what my fps were but the lowest i saw was 89fps as i died via a grenade.

Good idea guys, from watching both i seen just the one spike thats similair to what i get pgi, though you reported no stuttering. @Matt, on yours both the cpu and gpu line rise at the same time on the graph. But still looks to be pretty smooth. Thanks for uploading the videos guys.

Yep performance and smoothness has been like this for a couple of months now for me but it was sketchy around release for sure. The problems i have are connecting to bloody servers!

I'll try another video shortly and try a preset recording option rather then custom and see if I can sharpen it up any. Will also try with adaptive vsync enabled.

Hold on here :D

I noticing you guys recording game play from two different game mode? Surely Conquest 64 would push the CPU/GPU more than TDM?

:confused:

No doubt. I just chose TDM as i can record a whole round much quicker than i can record a whole round on Conquest Large. TDM rounds last 10-15 minutes. Conquest large lasts 20-30 minutes. Too big a file to upload.

Could it be a driver issue as i don't see spikes like that? I can record a round of Conquest Large if needed, but it will only be for 5-10 minutes as the whole round will make the file size far too big.

Do you guys with big Spike have BF4 on a Hard drive? Matt you have BF4 on an SSD?

Maybe the massive spike is BF4 loading from the HDD? Does BF4 even load data from the drive on the fly?

Could be. I have BF4 on a SSD. I have a single 250GB SSD drive. However i thought once the game was loaded the SSD plays no part at all in performance.

Could be onto something, BF4 is on a mech drive for me (1tb sammy).

The only spikes I get off the screen are at the very very start of the game.

Another video incoming, just trying a 2 pass encode, see if I can sharpen it any before YouTube destroys it.

I can't believe how hard it is to find an online video playing service that allowed anything over 30fps!

I have yep, several times now. Actually reinstalled the game from scratch two weeks ago from a previous backup i had on a second hdd.

@Matt, yep the samsung's are a very impressive drive, got this as a replacement for a dead ocz vertex.

Back
Top Bottom