• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

@Matt, yep the samsung's are a very impressive drive, got this as a replacement for a dead ocz vertex.

Have you got the Basic drive like me? Have you tried downloading the latest version of Samsung Magician? It has firmware updates for the SSD so it might be worth trying that bud. It has an option to check and update firmware.

recording gameplay on tdm and conquest is a totally different fps altogether your fps could be as different as 15-20 from tdm.

try recording pacfic both of you not tdm a 64 man game type.

Yeah, it's the basic version. Will check out samsung magician. Also took the other day and updated chipset, lan, audio drivers etc. Not that theres been that many for the formula board as it's still quite new.

recording gameplay on tdm and conquest is a totally different fps altogether your fps could be as different as 15-20 from tdm.

try recording pacfic both of you not tdm a 64 man game type.

This was not a competition between me and pgi, we were just trying to help Setter. However i will run Pacific and upload it soon. Had enough today, taken me most of the day to record, convert and upload it.

Plus its not the frame rates (directly) that were looking at, its associated CPU spikes causing setter stutter.

Will double check my video (just uploading) but adaptive vsync seems to have stopped any spikes.

2.8GB video uploading, 50k bitrate from a 2 pass encode with VFR, if youtube blurrs the crap out of this, I'm done :p

Last edited:
This one came out a bit better:

I haven't 100% checked it but besides the usual start spikes I can't see any other spikes throughout the game so adaptive vsync certainly looks like an option setter :)

Ill try adaptive vsync. Had a round just now on siege, a moment very similair to 2.27 ono in your vid, (up on the roof part). Two guys lying prone, i rounded the corner, opened fire on the first one, massive spike/lag and got killed.

Adaptive leaves things a lot smoother, particularly on a demanding map like seige. Still spiking a bit in really heavy action when fps drops a bit. To be expected though on a single stock 780, hopefully be getting a second soon. Request sent, and thanks to yourself and Matt for advice/input.:)

Im hoping i can pick up another rev 1 wf model, if not a rev 2 will do grand. Just means ill need to get a couple of 8 pin pcie extensions made up. System will be moved into a new case in march. Going with a red/black theme to match the rog board.

Sounds sweet :cool:

Absolutely loving 780 sli to the point I may go tri once I get my new monitor :)

Rev2.0's iirc have an uprated pcb and power design...nearly got one my self until I realised a block wouldn't fit! Wish giga would get back working on soc's :(

Didnt realise the Z87X OC board was tri sli capable. Even more good value for money, iirc i paid £260.00 for the formula which is dual only. Nice board but the layout is a bit iffy. Not too bad for sli but due to my cooler i loose the only useable slot for my DX sound card, and tbh for such a high end board the onboard audio is terrible.

Rev 2.0's also use a slightly different pcb from the 1st models iirc, along with dual 8 pin. Dont mind even going the secondhand route again same as the current card.

Its not tri sli ready :( sli requires a minimum of 8x lanes, so I may have to treat my self to a new board too, but hopefully by the time any of this happens some maxwell info will surface. Need to see how these stack up against 1440 120hz gsync first, if it does what it says on the tin I may well be fine with two of them. Plus I'm running underclocked to 1006/6000 atm (from 1110/6200) and know I have at least 1306/6600 in the tank to use if required :)

Stock here, most i could get so far is 1200/3305. Bit dissapointing after having owned a belter of a 670 that ran daily at +130/+760. Later knocked down to +80/+600 to stay in line with a weaker one in sli.

Back
Top Bottom