• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Quite fond of my sli tbh. Almost every nv card ive owned going back to 6800gt has been sli'd. I rarely buy high end cards, usually the cheaper one from each generation then later add another bought secondhand.

What monitors you 2 using if you don't mind me asking?
You don't seem to have any tearing at all.. i get far to much tearing!
I'm still using the old Hanns.G HF287HJ 28"!! not sure if this is the problem for me? think i need new monitor!
Not having fun playing as i can't get it set right.

What is adaptive vsync ;)

Furry Muff. :)

This one came out a bit better:

I haven't 100% checked it but besides the usual start spikes I can't see any other spikes throughout the game so adaptive vsync certainly looks like an option setter :)

Hows performance on the 780 Ti with B4 on Ultra? Not too fussed about AA etc, but I do need the res at 2560x1080. It's hard to find benchmarks for that resolution, they mostly test 1400.

I'm still using the old Hanns.G HF287HJ 28"!! not sure if this is the problem for me? think i need new monitor!

Asus VG236HE 120hz for me, getting changed out for something a little newer tech shortly though :)

Adaptive vsync is basically a way of steadying the frames on the screen (I think!). I'm not too clued up on it tbh, I've only this last month or so started to use it now and then.

As luck would have it I turned off any form of sync earlier, and with my 780's underclocked they sit at.....~122fps :D

Asus VG236HE 120hz for me, getting changed out for something a little newer tech shortly though :)

Adaptive vsync is basically a way of steadying the frames on the screen (I think!). I'm not too clued up on it tbh, I've only this last month or so started to use it now and then.

As luck would have it I turned off any form of sync earlier, and with my 780's underclocked they sit at.....~122fps :D

Did you find a difference going to a 120Hz monitor? but no tearing, which is good :)
Not sure if to get 1400p or 120Hz monitor.

so what monitor you getting next?

1440P 60hz screen. I don't get any tearing in BF4 without vsync. One reason why Gsync/Freesync is not a feature im that interested in currently.

1440P 60hz screen. I don't get any tearing in BF4 without vsync. One reason why Gsync/Freesync is not a feature im that interested in currently.

If you get the chance to, try see a side by side in person, the feeling I got from those who have tested it under their own conditions, that you don't know how bad some of the issues are until you see it fixed as pc gamers have been using it in its current form for so long that its almost how we expect a game to look :)

Unfortunately for those that live in the middle of nowhere the only option to try it is to buy it :(

If you get the chance to, try see a side by side in person, the feeling I got from those who have tested it under their own conditions, that you don't know how bad some of the issues are until you see it fixed as pc gamers have been using it in its current form for so long that its almost how we expect a game to look :)

Unfortunately for those that live in the middle of nowhere the only option to try it is to buy it :(

I can notice tearing in some games, but in some games i just don't get any at all. I've no idea why as i can detect it easy enough when its present.

I could never go back to a 1080P TN/Low quality panel though, spent too many years on those already. Other people prefer that and a higher refresh/faster response time over excellent quality/colour etc. I'm not one of those so if i ever go down that route it will be 1440P IPS 120hz minimum. However that still sounds like a reasonably pointless upgrade to me so i'll just see how things play out in the next year or two. Perfectly happy with the performance of my 60hz screen currently.

Another BF4 vid. Again recorded using DXTORY. Really hope AMD come out with a version of Shadow play so i can record without the fps hit. Next video will be at 1080P instead of 720P as well. Might be a bit blurry unless you watch it at the highest detail 720P.

Back
Top Bottom