• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Well, I couldn't go back to 60hz.

Going for the asus rog swift which is both 1440 & 120hz :)

Is that the Asus ROG Swift PG278Q?
Is this mainly for Nvidia card users?

Another BF4 vid. Again recorded using DXTORY. Really hope AMD come out with a version of Shadow play so i can record without the fps hit. Next video will be at 1080P instead of 720P as well. Might be a bit blurry unless you watch it at the highest detail 720P.

Great vid :) what make and model is that on Matt?
Would you recommend a good monitor for gaming, 24" or 27" ? i trade also, so was thinking 27" :)

I wished i didn't get so much tearing on mine, v-sync just don't feel smooth enough with the mouse for me..

Great vid :) what make and model is that on Matt?
Would you recommend a good monitor for gaming, 24" or 27" ? i trade also, so was thinking 27" :)

I wished i didn't get so much tearing on mine, v-sync just don't feel smooth enough with the mouse for me..

Do you mean the monitor or the gpu's? :D

Gpu's are Vtx 290 Pro's.

The monitor is the DGM 27" IPS screen bought from OcuK for £299. Don't really have any great pics of the screen.

jmL2l17.jpg

9nSfAWl.jpg

I prefer a bigger high quality screen with good colours and viewing angles over a smaller lower quality screen with a high refresh rate but not everyone see it this way. Depends which you prefer really. I don't get any tearing on BF4 as you can see so i have no need for vsync.

Last edited:
Yep the swift is aimed mainly at nvidia users due to the gsync module.

The single best thing you can do when looking for a monitor is go to a shop and try a few out, everyone has different preferences.

TIL Matt is left handed.

NOTE: I have actually posted this in another thread to get some insight into what my issue might be but thought I would add this here as well, I'm not spamming but hopefully someone has a similar setup and could tell me what their experience is.

I got the new MSI 290 Gaming edition and over the weekend I was playing around a bit with the graphics settings.

I am currently getting between 45 and 100fps (the 100 being very infrequent) depending on what game I'm playing and what is happening on screen.

Maybe I'm a bit harsh in saying this but I find it a bit disappointing coming from a 7950 where my fps were sitting between 38-60 with exactly the same graphics settings.
The frame rate drops on the 290 is far to frequent and I find that it will sit between 45-55 fps for long periods of time. I am only gaming at 1920x1080 and really expected it to be sitting above 65fps all the time??

I currently have everything set to "Ultra" with "4xMSAA", and HBAO. Vertical Sync has been turned off.
The game is being run of an Crucial 240gig M500 SSD disk.

During game time my CPU will hardly ever break 70% usage. My memory is normally at 60% usage and the rest of the system does not seem to struggle at all.
The Graphics card will run at 100% and it never get's hotter than 76 degrees. I have also overclocked it to run at 1100Mhz clock and 1400mhz memory, but even at standard setting the FPS makes no difference.

The rest of my system configuration looks like this:
AMD FX Bulldozer 8120(OC'd 4Ghz)
Asus M5A99X EVO Motherboard
G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB DDR3 (1676MHZ)
OCZ Vertex 2 120gig SSD (OS drive)
Crucial 240gig M500 (Game Drive)
WIN7 SP1 x64

I often see people saying that they are playing Battlefield 4 between constant 70-100FPS with a 290.

So my questions are:
Is the graphics set too high?
Is my expectations unrealistic?
Is there something in the rest of my system that is bottle necking the card?

Anyone out there with similar experience/setup that cares to share?

Do you mean the monitor or the gpu's? :D

Gpu's are Vtx 290 Pro's.

The monitor is the DGM 27" IPS screen bought from OcuK for £299. Don't really have any great pics of the screen.

jmL2l17.jpg

9nSfAWl.jpg

I prefer a bigger high quality screen with good colours and viewing angles over a smaller lower quality screen with a high refresh rate but not everyone see it this way. Depends which you prefer really. I don't get any tearing on BF4 as you can see so i have no need for vsync.

Do you use DVI-D cable or HDMI cable ?

Is This the model you have matt? it the stand really that flimsy?:p
So you would recommend this? or something else.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-003-DG&groupid=17&catid=1120

There much difference in the 2?
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-012-HO&tool=3

i did look at the Asus VG278HE 27" TRUE 144Hz in the shop, but didn't like it on desktop with the colours. as i trade the market, and like nice colours.

thinking of getting 2x of these also..
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-341-SP :D

What mouse is that?

Cheers matt.

Last edited:
Do you use DVI-D cable or HDMI cable ?

Is This the model you have matt? it the stand really that flimsy?:p
So you would recommend this? or something else.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-003-DG&groupid=17&catid=1120

i did look at the Asus VG278HE 27" TRUE 144Hz in the shop, but didn't like it on desktop with the colours. as i trade the market, and like nice colours.

thinking of getting 2x of these also..
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-341-SP :D

What mouse is that?

Cheers matt.

Yes thats the model. Its a really nice monitor but the stand is crap! However they've since replaced it with a much improved stand. The model OcuK sell has the new stand so no worries there any more. However i have the old stand. I asked Bailey in the RMA section and he gave me DGM's phone number and said i could ask them if they will send me out a new stand. I'm going to try that and see what they say. The colours and picture quality is superb.

Good choice on the Sapphire 290's. Would be my choice if i could swap out my reference cards.

The mouse is a Steelseries Kinzu V2 Pro. A basic mouse but extremely comfortable for a left peg. Had a G500 before that, was a bit more fancy but it was extremely uncomfortable to use for a left peg and gave me a blister on my finger so i sold it.

http://steelseries.com/products/mice/steelseries-kinzu-v2-pro-edition

Yes thats the model. Its a really nice monitor but the stand is crap! However they've since replaced it with a much improved stand. The model OcuK sell has the new stand so no worries there any more. However i have the old stand. I asked Bailey in the RMA section and he gave me DGM's phone number and said i could ask them if they will send me out a new stand. I'm going to try that and see what they say. The colours and picture quality is superb.

Good choice on the Sapphire 290's. Would be my choice if i could swap out my reference cards.

The mouse is a Steelseries Kinzu V2 Pro. A basic mouse but extremely comfortable for a left peg. Had a G500 before that, was a bit more fancy but it was extremely uncomfortable to use for a left peg and gave me a blister on my finger so i sold it.

http://steelseries.com/products/mice/steelseries-kinzu-v2-pro-edition
Oh ok, good to know thx ;)

There much difference between you'res and this one?
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-012-HO

1440P SLI Titans with no overclock. Hainan Resort with 32 players.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
115340, 951824, 56, 186, 121.178

My first game on BF4 for ages and halfway through the round, the server closed grrrrr :(

1440P SLI Titans with no overclock. Hainan Resort with 32 players.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
115340, 951824, 56, 186, 121.178

My first game on BF4 for ages and halfway through the round, the server closed grrrrr :(

Frame rates look good, should be smooth sailing at 1440 on my swift when it arrives with a pair of 780's :)

Back
Top Bottom