• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Damm i need something new i just about hold 60fps with my 580 on 64p maps and even with upsampling and 2x MSAA the game is still very jaggy with ugly textures. The FOV sucks also people keep coming into view late with 85 FOV and i end up killing them thinking its the enemy. I dont fancy spending £500 on anything now as its pathetic for 21:9 3440x1440 which is probably what i will buy soon.

Textures Ultra
Texture filtering Ultra (16x)
Resolution Scale 120%
MSAA 2X (still Jaggies at 4x)
Drivers all HQ with Clamp and HQ
Everything else in BF4 on Low.

My GPU usage aint that great either i was expecting to see very high GPU temps like BF3 but im not and the 3570k i used was clocked to 4700mhz.

Last edited:
Damm i need something new i just about hold 60fps with my 580 on 64p maps and even with upsampling and 2x MSAA the game is still very jaggy with ugly textures :(

Textures Ultra
Texture filterting Ultra
Resolution Scale 120%
MSAA 2X
Something like a gtx 780 would give you a nice boost. 1920x1200 here, all on ultra with x2 msaa. Averages 80fps if im not using adaptive vsync. Want to get another 780 in soon though.

is Msi Afterburner able to show fps in this game yet?
if not what are you guys using?

Type list in console

renderdevice.forcerenderahead limit (try 1-3)
gametime.maxvariablefps
perfoverlay.drawfps 1

Same as AB but ingame if needed. Can AB fps cap 64bit and DX 11 applications?

Something like a gtx 780 would give you a nice boost. 1920x1200 here, all on ultra with x2 msaa. Averages 80fps if im not using adaptive vsync. Want to get another 780 in soon though.

It is twice my 580 in both speed and memory so yea it would but i do not think it warrants £509 with 4K around the corner or 2.5K with the 21:9 screens coming. It is not going to power much then when the likes of big hitting games come and even with the 109 PPI i would still require MSAA as BF4 cant even do MSAA on bushes. A 780 TI just wont cut it for very long shortly im just not going to buy one and i will have to stick it out for a bit. That map Zavod i literally cant see anyone in the bushes even with 90PPI and 4x MSAA. I literally get shot by people who i cant see among the mish mash of badly rendered bushes :(

Last edited:
Yea i can see those jaggies how come you go above 60fps mate do you not use Vsync? Would it not be better to put those 26fps into upsampling? Ultra graphics with Vsync and take off the post AA in favour of upsampling?

Damm i need something new i just about hold 60fps with my 580 on 64p maps and even with upsampling and 2x MSAA the game is still very jaggy with ugly textures. The FOV sucks also people keep coming into view late with 85 FOV and i end up killing them thinking its the enemy. I dont fancy spending £500 on anything now as its pathetic for 21:9 3440x1440 which is probably what i will buy soon.

Textures Ultra
Texture filtering Ultra (16x)
Resolution Scale 120%
MSAA 2X (still Jaggies at 4x)

My GPU usage aint that great either i was expecting to see very high GPU temps like BF3 but im not and the 3570k i used was clocked to 4700mhz.

I'd also recommend a 780. I just sold my 7950 crossfire and that single 780 just feels a lot smoother. Everything maxed out and it feels incredibly smooth!

I use adaptive vsync now as i find the game stutters a bit without it, post aa (msaa at x2). With adaptive off i was getting some very weird cpu spikes like in the pic above. I also have deferred aa of and motion blur off, HBAO on. All other settings on ultra.

I use adaptive vsync now as i find the game stutters a bit without it, post aa (msaa at x2). With adaptive off i was getting some very weird cpu spikes like in the pic above. I also have deferred aa of and motion blur off, HBAO on. All other settings on ultra.

Weird i get zero stutter on BF4 with vsync which is a suprise maybe try pre rendered frames 1? Are you still fps caping correctly in both in game and AB? As i noticed the big yellow spike in your graph and thought it was just a one off hitch. Turn off the DOF weapon blur too and send me your origin gametag as i dont have anyone on here who plays BF on my list like you or greg. Im just starting out with 8 hours played on German hardcore servers at 4am. Im a hell of a support player though for a tanky or pilot as i actually get out and repair :)

Last edited:
At what point do I get a decent sniper rifle in this game? Recently started trying to level up my recon, something I completely neglected in BF3, finding I only get 1 shot kills if its headshots and even with straight pull bolt it takes and absolute age between shots. Currently using the CS-LR4.

I noticed DMR's need to get nuked a bit in this, I'm seeing people use them like semi-automatic assault rifles, you don't stand a chance.

Ive only enabled adaptive vsync in the nv control panel so far, pre rendered frames is at 2. I fond this to work best with the 670 sli setup i had a few weeks ago. Will try 1.:)

origin/bf name is setter22

@pgi, the M40A5 is a pretty decent bolt action sniper rifle. The best ones like the M98B and SRR61, (famous for being in the film shooter) are unlocked at 34000 and 42000 recon score respectively. Both are excellent for ultra long range shooting. I managed a 2436m headshot in bf3 with the M98B.

Last edited:
All the weapons suck at killing people, Try putting network smoothing on 0% and if people stutter then move up to 5% 10% slowly. Even then i took a minute to kill a guy jumping and running around like benny hill with the little bird minigun. The sniper rifles like the .50 has 100 damage so surely that should be one shot kill? To be honest stick to hardcore servers at least bullets actually kill people on there at times, on normal you can literally see people take bullets to the chest from a LMG and see the impact on the ragdoll while they continue to sprint to cover :|

Also mate SLI and pre rendered work odd 1 might not be correct for SLI but try 1-4 you might have to trade input lag for no stutter. When i put mine to 3 i get stutter and when i am at 1 i get no stutter and the least amount of frame buffering and holding and swapping.

Thank god it's not just me

You need to supersample the image or buy a 4K monitor. You have tons of GPU's you lucky git so it should not be a problem. You can get 140PPI from the 30" 4K monitor or the upcoming 29" LG UM95. If you really want those bushes clean and pristine the 24" 4K gives you an amazing 180 PPI. If you really want to go insane you could try running it at 4k with upsampling at 200% i believe that would be 8K res :D

Last edited:
You would think 100 damage rating on a rifle would give 1 shot kills, majority of the time I take off around 80 damage unless its a head shot. Both M40A5 and CS-LR4 are 100 damage, neither give me 1 shot kills and both are rated at a 100 damage, no rifle has higher.

Hmm not good is this on Hardcore too? I noticed that if you go into advanced mode you can toggle oweapon damage modifiers for server searches. Someone needs to get a good 64p UK server with the weapon damage upped or player HP lowered. I love the game but i hate LMG pea shooters and the top snipers not doing one shot kills. People throwing down C4 mines after a parachute and living through a hefty blast radius also gets my goat.

I think a server with a quick and easy flat reduction in players health would make the game literally twice as good in my opinion. Anyone got a server by chance to test it out?

Last edited:
^Completely agree.

Normal mode, found hardcore mode a little glitchy the last time I used it.

What REALLY annoys me is when you're shooting at someone, they kill you and it pings up and shows them running around with 0 health. Isn't 0 dead?

Only level 5 and ive had them run around saying 0 HP twice now yea it sucks. Seems all the games now are for kids and the games which have the good gameplay like the insurgency mods have the crappy engines and low budget studio supports. Its a shame as the game is easily modified through basic server settings like HP and weapon damage. Just think about the tactical change in that game if everyone had base 50 health and spawning on squads was removed.

Also im still to see infantry battles i thought i would see with 64 people. Way too many vehicles now with Quads,Jeeps,Tanks,APC,Helicopters,Jets and UAV leaving literally no boots on the ground at all sometimes. Thats easily modified by server settings too. I think a good server like this would become quite famous and busy at peak times. You could probably charge them for access to it i would pay for it. I would rather spent £39 on having a lifetime membership to a good hardcore server than own premium.

Last edited:
^Completely agree.

Normal mode, found hardcore mode a little glitchy the last time I used it.

What REALLY annoys me is when you're shooting at someone, they kill you and it pings up and shows them running around with 0 health. Isn't 0 dead?

DICE fixed the 100 health bug in the last patch by changing it to 0:rolleyes:
It mat say 0 health but if you have hit them they wont have the 60% health they started with if playing hardcore.

Aye suppose its down to dices notorious 'netcode'.

The sniper thing is only really annoying as by the time you've gotten a shot off, hit someone, they've ran into cover long before you can get the next round out. It gives really limited sniper support.

Guess I'll have to try hardcore servers again.

Back
Top Bottom