• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Well, DICE are back at it!

Mouse problems are back again, the same one that cost me £40 on a new mouse at launch, works fine in menus etc... as soon as the game loads up, BANG nothing.

Thanks DICE, you just keep on giving and giving. *****.

Oh and when I press 'quit game' I MEAN QUIT ******* GAME!!!!!!! Not show me a black box with a blinking curser for 5mins!!!

Last edited:
Well, DICE are back at it!

Mouse problems are back again, the same one that cost me £40 on a new mouse at launch, works fine in menus etc... as soon as the game loads up, BANG nothing.

Thanks DICE, you just keep on giving and giving. *****.

This game has some bugs that I just plain don't understand - trying to play at the moment and it takes 2-3 seconds for anything to register weapon wise regardless of what I do or server I play on (no problems with my internet connection - steady ~19ms ping with no lag spikes to speak of and pretty much non-existant packetloss) I suspect that at some point within the next few hours it will randomly start working as normal (as broken as normal is with this game) again :|

I cant remember how bad bf2 was as i got into it very late on, but from playing both bfbc2 and bf3 an awful lot. There are so many bugs in 4 that were the same as theese older games on earlier versions of the frostbite engine. The reg problems go back to those two games as well. Yet strangely, moh 2010 mp uses the same version of frostbite as bf3, yet reg in it is perfect, ive personally found it even better than any cod game ive played upto black ops 1.

I'm done, finishing how I started with BF4, without mouse input, nothings changed since I played it two days ago, system is exactly the same, no updates no nothing, yet this POS game just ups and decides "yeah, we'll give mouse input a rest today shall we?"

Just on at EA CS now, wonder which gems of excuses will come from 'Dave' or 'Susan' in Bangladesh tonight.

Just spoke to an EA rep, surprisingly polite and well written english :)

To Summarise DICE/EA know BF4 is a complete mess, they are also set to push back release dates of other DICE titles to get more people working on fixing BF4.

All complaints via EA support are being logged by 'higher management' which is in turn being submitted to the developer, the problems appear endless.

I cant remember how bad bf2 was as i got into it very late on, but from playing both bfbc2 and bf3 an awful lot. There are so many bugs in 4 that were the same as theese older games on earlier versions of the frostbite engine. The reg problems go back to those two games as well. Yet strangely, moh 2010 mp uses the same version of frostbite as bf3, yet reg in it is perfect, ive personally found it even better than any cod game ive played upto black ops 1.

BF4's netcode even taking out other issues especially ones that seem to randomly add in several 100ms is BAD. Hadn't really realised quite how bad til someone made a video that put it all together in black and white. Under ideal conditions in same quake 3 or another game based on that even using default settings the delay between 2 low ping players seeing an action from the other player is about 66ms (and down to 30-40ms with higher sv_fps and other settings) whereas in BF4 in a similiar situation the minimum latency becomes about 153ms, with average about 170-180 and thats not even taking heavier loaded servers or people with mildly ropey pings into account.

Just spoke to an EA rep, surprisingly polite and well written english :)

To Summarise DICE/EA know BF4 is a complete mess, they are also set to push back release dates of other DICE titles to get more people working on fixing BF4.

All complaints via EA support are being logged by 'higher management' which is in turn being submitted to the developer, the problems appear endless.

Have to say EA's response to BF4 has been suprisingly good, though how much goes beyond words I dunno but they atleast seem to be trying to do the right thing for once. Unfortunatly I think the FB3 engine is a turkey - while it does the grand stuff well and the game design itself of BF4 (aside from the final balance pass seems to have been a bit rushed by EA trying to get the release out early) is fine the real problems mostly stem from fairly ropey functionality in the engine itself.

Last edited:
Things like the dying in cover delay issue are very annoying, a while back on bf3 i was in a shootout with a guy, got into cover and crouched down, 4 seconds later i drop dead.

I wonder how many other games would actually want to use the Frostbite 3 engine if it wasn't for Mantle support?
I mean it's nice that it has Mantle support, but if it potentially breaks all the games using the FB3 engine I'm not sure it's worth it.

I've not had too many technical issues with BF4 (might help that I stopped playing it weeks ago) but I just got bored with it. I'm not the biggest FPS fan it's true, but I'm sure I played BF3 and CoD:BO 1 & 2 more than this.
So for me it's not technical issues it's the lack of fun that's ruined BF4.

Hopefully they can remove the technical problems with patches, but I doubt they'll add in 'fun' in any patch...

Things like the dying in cover delay issue are very annoying, a while back on bf3 i was in a shootout with a guy, got into cover and crouched down, 4 seconds later i drop dead.

To be honest, this is the only bug that annoys me and comes from the netcode anyway, was frustrating in BF3 and just the same if not worse in BF4!

Really haven't noticed many other bugs, hitting choppers and planes with rockets and no reg is annoying as hell too.

Might just go back to CSS

I'll be patiently waiting for titanfall, it might be published by ea, but the developers know a thing or two about making a game changing shooter :)

I did some reading up on the mouse bug, basically it can be any number of things, all of which lead back to poor development, the most comical one is that bf4.exe still thinks you're in the battlelog browser so won't register input. Seriously, you'd think one of the first things to do when developing a game would be to set I/O input up.

Last edited:
You never know humbug, the last few origin based betas have been fairly open, said I'll have an email before midnight on the 17th of feb to let me know either way. The only thing bugging me about titan fall is them locking up the source engine used, imagine the modding possibilities if it were open :)

You never know humbug, the last few origin based betas have been fairly open, said I'll have an email before midnight on the 17th of feb to let me know either way. The only thing bugging me about titan fall is them locking up the source engine used, imagine the modding possibilities if it were open :)

I signed up to the beta, as I am looking for something online to have a bit of fun with and can't physically stomach BF4 anymore. Hopefully I get in and can see if this will do the job.

beta codes i think will go out tonight im playing mp right now ! :D

in hardpoint the action is like :eek: robots firing everykind of missile bomb you can imagine.

crazy thing is i have it maxxed and fps doesn't move ! so you don't need a monster card for this game .

just finishing uploading some mp footage as i type this :)

mp footage from me playing not long ago. just processing but it will be done soon .

Back
Top Bottom