• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I am liking the new/remade maps in honesty. I expected them to be boring but they are pretty good. I will have to bench these tonight after work and see how they stack up compared to BF3.

Don't you think all this negativity surrounding BF4 is a little bit ott?

I mean the game sure, started off as buggy as hell, but for at least 2 months, it's been running pretty smooth, and when the game is good, it's pretty damn fun!

Last edited:

I mean the game sure, started off as buggy as heel, but for at least 2 months, it's been running pretty smooth, and when the game is good, it's pretty damn fun!

I'm enjoying it. The problem is the game came out in a really bad way and Dice have a habit of fixing one thing and breaking another. That said its an excellent game engine with superb graphics so i can look past its flaws bug wise. I'm glad that AMD & Mantle have the Frostbite 3.0 engine on board.

It's still buggy as hell.

It sure is, no audio when starting a round of tdm, laser sight 'burn in' on walls, spawning with no weapons, loosing mouse control to name a few, though mouse control came back for me in the last patch.

At least frame rates are good :rolleyes:

i've got Mantle working on my 7970s by just turning down texture quality and texture filtering to high. Something to do with a memory leak... i played almost all the way through the first single player mission and it worked fine...hopefully AMD will sort when the catalysts come out

I mean the game sure, started off as buggy as hell, but for at least 2 months, it's been running pretty smooth, and when the game is good, it's pretty damn fun!

It's not odd, because the problems persist, each patch fixes one problem and breaks another. Since Second Assault, I can't play maps for more than 10 minutes without my pc locking up. If I run it in x86, it runs smoother longer for the most part, but certain maps have instant sound loop crash.

These are problems that keep creeping in and out of the game on a patch by patch basis.

Then you have the fundamental flaws in the gameplay, including hit reg. When it's working fine, it's great, you can't argue, but they have not permanently fixed a single issue so far, they are constantly creeping back in with a patch to fix something totally unrelated.

Some people may be lucky when it comes to running BF4 but there is a large core of players who are severely affected by it. It's definitely not over the top, I am certainly not happy that months after I paid £65 for it, I am still not able to play it with any level of consistent stability. It's not something that people should just sit down and accept.

While the game itself is pretty good when everything is working, there are just way too many issues with it a LOT of people can't play for more than a few minutes before crashing (though fortunatly I'm not one of those) but I run into numerous glitches - some completely random and others present every time I play and they constantly detract from what would otherwise be a great experience.

i.e. one of the issues I've been having since the 13 or 14th patch quite often if I try to fire my secondary weapon it will switch to my primary weapon whatever I do until I reconnect to the game - which is not very helpful if I've switched to my side arm due to being out of ammo on my main weapon :S

And another one I'm getting pretty tired of is throwing a grenade with a clear line of sight only for it to bounce off an invisible wall and/or a surface a few feet to the left or right of me and come back at me - try throwing a nade off the top of the hotel on hainan and its like it must emerge from your feet as it bounces off the parapet whatever you try to do.

Last edited:
^another weapon bug I've had recently which I've just remembered is one of the start out sniper rifles, when the clip gets down to 3 rounds and you try fire again, it acts like the clip is empty and reloads, soul destroying when you've just lined up the perfect shot

It sure is, no audio when starting a round of tdm, laser sight 'burn in' on walls, spawning with no weapons, loosing mouse control to name a few, though mouse control came back for me in the last patch.

At least frame rates are good :rolleyes:

I've had no mouse problems but I've had the rest. The sound is the worst :(

Not had any real mouse issues but I've had several instances where I lose the ability to strafe and forward and back keys just move along a set line (even looking 90 degrees and pressing forward won't move off that line just move up and down that set line) until I die, usually works again after I redeploy.

I have not had anything apart from the FOV sticking when i first enter a tank and being extra small like in letterbox aspect. Apart from that its been golden but i notice my GPU usage is only 70% :/ Its not using it as much as i thought and i cannot really squeeze out any more fps either i only need like 5 fps to stop the 55-60 55-60 judder i get on big 64p maps.

Im suprised as that was a 4700mhz 3570k with 2400mhz T1 and a GTX 580. Thats CPU limited at 1680x1050 as ive been cranking my GPU clocks past where it normaly crashes on other games and BF4 does not seem to care?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom