• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

That's true I guess. But for my min fps to be higher than their average is quite extreme.

yeah, i will test what i'm taking about later and put it up here.

i haven't actually tested this properly yet my self, basically, aside from the differences in MP performance that you get anyway, there also situations where Mantle is little different to DX and others where the difference is massive.

That's true I guess. But for my min fps to be higher than their average is quite extreme.

Review sites always seem to have lower numbers compared to most users. They must try to get involved with as many explosions and other taxing situations as they can. Bf4 benching on review sites has been all over the place number wise since release. It would make sense to test mantle in situations with plenty of smoke and explosions with as many players on the server as possible to see the full benefits. Rambo style most likely.

Last edited:
Ok. just a quick run. This is why Mantle Matters.

CPU: Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.2Ghz (Stock)
GPU: 7870XT @ 1150 / 1575

First Just the test range, not particularity intensive.

DX: 125 FPS
Mantle: 162 PFS

As you can see there the performance difference is not huge.

Shanghai. Everyone knows this spot, its the spot where the FPS tank, all the way up that road... its caused by a CPU Bottleneck.

DX: 39 FPS
Mantle: 93 FPS

Now look at that, My FPS have almost tripled. if your playing, or benching running up and down that road the difference between DX and Mantle is enormous.

Mantle Maters, this is the stuff that a lot of reviewers don't show you when they tell you it doesn't.

I also thought I had performance degradation after the driver roll back.
What CPU/memory/motherboard/hard drive do you run it off?

990 FX MOBO 8350 r92290 x under water :) the strange thing is i re-install mantle and it works for like 24 hours before braking again. I get sub 60 fps on the intensive maps rolling back to 13.12 were as before it was 70 plus on dx

Got some 1440P UHD BF4 footage coming up. No scaling down to 720P this time to avoid the massive performance penalty. Watched the vid back on my pc, looks awesome quality wise. Hope youtube don't butcher it. ETA tomorrow morning.

what output format is DXtory giving you matt? Got my best results doing a 2 pass encode to h.264 via handbrake then uploading, didn't seem to take as much of the polish away from the recording.

what output format is DXtory giving you matt? Got my best results doing a 2 pass encode to h.264 via handbrake then uploading, didn't seem to take as much of the polish away from the recording.

I bought Mirillis Action for £20. :cool:

It allows me to use the H264 AMD encoder. It seems to help performance (slightly more than dxtory) and it gives a smaller file size. Hence i was able to record proper 1440P footage without a suffocating performance hit. The problem i have now pg is im uploading the file to youtube, its 16:30 long and file size of 2gb, but when i starting uploading straight after recording youtube said "Your videos will process faster if you encode into a streamable file format. Likely because i didn't encode it afterwards. However when i tried to do it the usual method via virtaudub it said the format (MP4) was not supported. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to recording, but im learning, albeit slowly. Jealous of shadowplay tbh.

Last edited:
I bought Mirillis Action for £20. :cool:

It allows me to use the H264 AMD encoder. It seems to help performance (slightly more than dxtory) and it gives a smaller file size. Hence i was able to record proper 1440P footage without a suffocating performance hit. The problem i have now pg is im uploading the file to youtube, its 16:30 long and file size of 2gb, but when i starting uploading straight after recording youtube said "Your videos will process faster if you encode into a streamable file format. Likely because i didn't encode it afterwards. However when i tried to do it the usual method via virtaudub it said the format (MP4) was not supported. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to recording, but im learning, albeit slowly. Jealous of shadowplay tbh.

Shadowplay is good, though even at a 50k bitrate I feel the codec compression takes a little gloss away from it. I'll try dig out some old knowledge on encoding as I did a fair bit years ago with x/h.264, what I do remember is VDub is junk, get VDubMOD and a good codec pack (something like CCCP) and if you can, try snag CoreAVC (Not free unless you look in the right places, but a far superior h.264 codec). CAVC also allows GPU decoding via CUDA or DXVA.

Besides that I'll need to see what YouTubes limits are, I get the feeling its not a fan of high bitrate HD video.

Edit: Above post has more info :D

It does say those with HQ internet connections should be able to do 50mbps at 1080 however.

Last edited:
Cheers for the feedback guys. These are the options i have available to me from Mirillis. Says nothing about bitrate, but maybe thats what the input range is? Either that or it could be video quality. I choose high quality this time, maybe i should pick normal next time?

Qcqt5DN.jpg

ei8RyeM.jpg

MkRpsLG.jpg

aooOPw6.jpg

Right click one of your recordings (used with those settings) Properties>Details>Video>Total Bitrate and tell us what it says. Should give us an indication as to what bitrate settings its using.

Edit: sorry you're a lefty aren't you so it may be left click? :p

Around 18mbps then, not bad. What options do you have under frame rate? Can you set it to variable? If so it may give you a VBR as well as variable frame rate, making both higher in the process :)

bitrate.jpg

Taken from a 50k shadowplay recording and ran through handbrake, just testing it via youtube now. :)

Last edited:
Those options that i showed you are what i have. I don't really understand what most of them do. I will ask tomorrow on their forum. Is there anything i can do to make the processing quicker on youtube that you can think of based on that message it gave me?

Those options that i showed you are what i have. I don't really understand what most of them do. I will ask tomorrow on their forum. Is there anything i can do to make the processing quicker on youtube that you can think of based on that message it gave me?

Not without converting the file you get from your recording program.

Back
Top Bottom