• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

COD HC was a very different beast as you could actually run and gun and pull it off due to being able to ride the more precise "netcode" and take people down before they could even react. (Can't really explain it very well but HC COD run and gunners will know what I mean).

BF4 a large degree of skill is removed due to being able to fall on the wrong side of a server tick + client update rate and end up totally unable to win an engagement as your the best part of 200ms or sometimes more behind the other player's action.

+1

I would say the opposite you still wont get one shot by anything but a sniper headshot or shotgun on HC. There is no fake indicators or minimap to give you away either to snipers. The problem is sniper limit servers and finding them and not running about like a headless chicken in the open.

The best mode of them all would probably be Sniper Limit HC defuse 64P with Medics being the only way to revive someone until the round ends. Now that would be skill if someone had an APC Medivac. It would basically be S&D but with Frostbite and 2 shot kills.

I was exaggerating for effect but it still doesn't detract from the fact that Hardcore was in the most part invented for consoles as obviously it's harder to aim with a pad. In games like Battlefield with huge maps and multiple angles to get shot from it just promotes skill less camping or just allows people who can't aim to get kills they wouldn't otherwise get.

There's no perfect game mode but Hardcore, for me, is horrendous as I'm all about the aim :cool:.

Hmm not sure about that hardcore mode in COD afaik predated the console version and older games like CS, global operation, urban terror and the unreal engine based ones that I can't remember the names of and similiar games were closer to hardcore mode than "normal" mode in games like BF and newer CODs.

While I don't disagree that hardcore mode does allow people to get kills they wouldn't have got in normal mode I don't think you can take aim skill away from hardcore mode it just requires a different kind of aim skill to become king in the game compared to normal mode.

Insurgency too it would wipe the map with Battlefield if it had Frostbite and dem EA millions. What i like about it is what you hit suffers unless he has a medic which is how it should be. I dont know where this 4-5 bullet thing came from anyways when medics exist in the game to heal and revive people.

I dont remember past popular games having so much forgiveness. And people never complained or quit because they died a lot. I think they would probably remove death if they thought more people would buy it anyways. COD2 is probably one of the most hardcore and popular online games ever. And the Kar98 was a one shot kill weapon and an icon just like the AWP.

Last edited:
A round on Caspian 2014, SLI 780's @ 1110/6200, 4770K @ 4.6ghz.

32 man map, conquest, couldn't see any 64 player maps AT ALL for this map :confused:

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
202343, 1398079, 84, 201, 144.729

Edit: the fraps related crashes come from any rivatuner based program, both ab and px force the same error regardless of osd status, so using xpertool for fan control while benching.

Last edited:
There has to be reset the filters and clear them and work from there. I can find HC Caspian at 4am almost every night on weekends. Though i find it ugly compared to the original. It will be mostly German though but the pings be around 44. Sometimes the filter only find certain servers and requires you to favourite something you like and refresh to find another. Its a bit like a lotto really.

ive gound a server i play tdm regular on now and my ping is 9 :D

reg is awesome great for a bit of fun.

was going to get premium earlier but weighed it up and thought i may aswell get titanfall which will work and probably be more fun instead.

also matt just put on twitter that theif wont use mantle now :p

is there any game that will use it or work ? :D

Mantle vs DX

BF4 Mantle:

Min: 79 FPS
Avr: 90 FPS

BF4 DX:

Min: 40 FPS
Avr: 60 FPS

Add 20 or 30% ontop of that as Recording reduces the performance. normally in DX the lowest FPS is about 45 to 50 with an Average of about 80 FPS and high of 120.

In Mantle it never falls below 100 FPS, Average about 140, high of 200 FPS

Last edited:
You may get a better result on another map humbug, I can't speak for mantle but in dx shanghai is terrible for utilisation of anything, at random points my cpu and gpu usage bottoms out at around 40% per card and 20% on each thread dragging frames down with it, it very very rarely sits at the 95%+ per card the other maps do. I can't say where it happens as it seems completely random. Caspian 2014 seems pretty stressful :)

You may get a better result on another map humbug, I can't speak for mantle but in dx shanghai is terrible for utilisation of anything, at random points my cpu and gpu usage bottoms out at around 40% per card and 20% on each thread dragging frames down with it, it very very rarely sits at the 95%+ per card the other maps do. I can't say where it happens as it seems completely random. Caspian 2014 seems pretty stressful :)

Its not that random :)

Shanghai is well know for that road with the two bridges sucking the life out of your CPU, pretty much any CPU.
I'm holding 100+ FPS all the way up and down that road while 'not recording' in Mantle with a stock Thuban. its quite astonishing.

As per my screen shots here...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25893038&postcount=6624

It happens on all maps, i just haven't yet bothered to work out where exactly. Shanghai was easy.

On any map the FPS are much higher and more consistent, consistently high. with Mantle vs DX :)

Some new benchmarks from pcgameshardware:

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Battl...tlefield-4-Second-Assault-Benchmarks-1109970/

They tested Battlefield 4 Second Assault. The R9 290 was fixed at 1GHZ and the GTX780TI at 928MHZ.

With DX drivers,the GTX780TI is ahead but not with Mantle drivers enabled.

UD9.png

Last edited:

Same here, 35-40% on each GPU tops... spiking all over the place... not sure as Shangai looks bloody awful as well!

Back
Top Bottom