• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Matt get dropbox, add image to public folder, right click image, copy public link and paste it in IMG tags, sooooo much easier to manage.

Matt get dropbox, add image to public folder, right click image, copy public link and paste it in IMG tags, sooooo much easier to manage.

Thanks PG will try that next time.

Can people confirm those last images i posted work? I have to say now ive finally tried Mantle out, im extremely impressed.

Did Matt's benchmark run in campaign and compare it with previous results (not tried Directx on 14.2 yet)

Mantle (14.1)
Min: 11.09
Max: 78.62
Avg: 58.34

Mantle (14.2)
Min: 14.33
Max: 110.01
Avg: 77.23

Directx 11.1 (14.1)
Min: 8.81
Max: 115.21
Avg: 75.77

So it's improved, but I really need proper driver support for my card, the cpu spiking was prevalent in the campaign run too, so server lag can be ruled out I think.

Here is an image, not the best one, but it shows the start of one of the fairly regular spike spree's I was getting. The other one which showed it a bit more clearly (wasn't in the map either) was laden with some bitter guy swearing like a trooper because of people "cheating".

Although this is in the map, it is the sort of thing I was experiencing every 10-30 seconds or so.

I will try another server as per Matt's instruction, but although these look like the spikes I was getting that was freezing my game for 300ms, I haven't actually felt that freezing effect.

This is 2560 x 1440 with all on Ultra and 2x MSAA...

Look at your vRam usage at the top, your using 3Gb out of 3GB.

I get exactly the same thing, it starts off at 1.4GB and slowly creeps up until it hits 2Gb of my 2GB and then the stuttering starts.

Its a Memory leak, still.

Look at your vRam usage at the top, your using 3Gb out of 3GB.

I get exactly the same thing, it starts off at 1.4GB and slowly creeps up until it hits 2Gb of my 2GB and then the stuttering starts.

Its a Memory leak, still.

I didn't even notice that info was on there, that's pretty nifty. The leak however, is very much not nifty!

Thanks PG will try that next time.

Can people confirm those last images i posted work? I have to say now ive finally tried Mantle out, im extremely impressed.

You won't regret it, makes moving images from a mobile device to a PC a doddle too!

Alright im done with that. Seems to run ok with borderless window mode for streaming but i think that server i was on had some lag.. felt like there was some rubberbanding at times.

Still cant max out the settings. Tried all High with 4xMSAA but it was near maxing out my VRAM again. Im happy with all High settings and 2xMSAA at the moment until they fix the leaks :)

I shall test Youtube Live later.

Btw how u guys getting the info on the top of those screenshots?

Last edited:
Alright im done with that. Seems to run ok with borderless window mode for streaming but i think that server i was on had some lag.. felt like there was some rubberbanding at times.

Still cant max out the settings. Tried all High with 4xMSAA but it was near maxing out my VRAM again. Im happy with all High settings and 2xMSAA at the moment until they fix the leaks :)

I shall test Youtube Live later.

Btw how u guys getting the info on the top of those screenshots?

Do you find it better on this driver than the last? or rather with this BF4 patch as Star Swarm still runs perfectly in Mantle as it always did.

I have to say while i'm still getting the Memory Leak, it is now much better. i can now run High settings with confidence, its when i start adding Ultra to those settings that it starts to build up the vRam.

Caspian border 64 cq, 1920x1200, x4msaa, ultra, (settings maxed). Latest 334.89 drivers. Gtx 780 at stock, (1097mhz boost). i7 4770k @4.5ghz.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
49815, 600000, 53, 147, 83.025

Swedish server so it got a bit laggy towards the end of the round. But all in all pretty pleased with that.

Caspian border 64 cq, 1920x1200, x4msaa, ultra, (settings maxed). Latest 334.89 drivers. Gtx 780 at stock, (1097mhz boost). i7 4770k @4.5ghz.

49815, 600000, 53, 147, 83.025

Swedish server so it got a bit laggy towards the end of the round. But all in all pretty pleased with that.

Nice frames Setter. I think i will have to give this a run with SLI cards :)

Do you find it better on this driver than the last? or rather with this BF4 patch as Star Swarm still runs perfectly in Mantle as it always did.

I have to say while i'm still getting the Memory Leak, it is now much better. i can now run High settings with confidence, its when i start adding Ultra to those settings that it starts to build up the vRam.

Yea i think the fps has gone up whether its the patch or the drivers i duno. I can do all High with 4xMSAA but sticking with 2xMSAA seems to keep my VRAM at around 2.5GB.

I just wish i could run Quick Sync with OBS when streaming.. its takes a huge load off my 2700K. Streaming earlier my CPU usage was 75-85% whereas using Quick Sync it'll be around 50-60% usage.

Just jumped in a hardcore server Matt was in.. got my arsed kicked on Metro with a K/D ratio of 14/30 :( lol

Just did a Firestorm run. No OC on the Titans but 4.625 on the 3930K

136877, 891857, 84, 202, 153.474

Died in every vehicle going :p

Back
Top Bottom