• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I just did a busy play on Zavod with cards cheesing it at 180 FPS, the heat coming from them is nuclear :D hottest temp was 48C on card three. Fans at 80%

I feel your burn. When I was playing earlier, my leg was getting very hot. Not looking forward to the summer so much now and will probably need a fan just for my legs.

180 fps hmmmm. How does that add up to price per performance? :p

Im dreading the summer if ill still have the chip in sig that is. Id say theres a good chance ill have to break out the hairdryer and razor blade and attack the ihs of my cpu.

I feel your burn. When I was playing earlier, my leg was getting very hot. Not looking forward to the summer so much now and will probably need a fan just for my legs.

LOL :p

Machine just locked up playing. Had to reset. That's the first time that's ever happened have to say.

If i have FRAPS running for benching i have to close afterburner as the bf4 exe will stop working upon launch. It doesnt seem to affect fan profile or temps, cause with gpuz logging in the background my temps are the same as with ab osd running.

Same issue here, must be something to do with the backend of afterburner as PX causes the same issue, Gainward Xpertool does work however (for fan control).

Want a 1080?

Ahh, expertool. Great little program. Owned a few gainward cards over the years and always found it great for overclocking.

Its a very underrated tool IMO, what doesn't get much of a showcase with Phantoms is Xpertool not only offers memory over voltage, it also allows OCP adjustments, if that's not enough, on the PCB, remove one of the warranty stickers, solder a bridge in to a few clearly marked points to disable OCP and enable overvoltage :)

xpertool.jpg

When you going water Setter?

Nah, I meant a fan to keep my legs cool :D One of those oscillating jobbies. Only have my pump on 3 and my fans on 1000rpm and keeps the GPU's/CPU cool enough for prolonged gaming but will prolly need a bit more in the summer.

Aye, I may chuck an extra 120 into my GPU loop before I start it to be on the safe side for summer.

Its a very underrated tool IMO, what doesn't get much of a showcase with Phantoms is Xpertool not only offers memory over voltage, it also allows OCP adjustments, if that's not enough, on the PCB, remove one of the warranty stickers, solder a bridge in to a few clearly marked points to disable OCP and enable overvoltage :)

When you going water Setter?
Doubt if i will anytime soon mate. And certainly not on this chip in stock ihs configuration. As it is at present even the highest end custom loop wouldnt cool it any better than my current k2 heatsink. The last time i ran p95 shortly after getting it, temps hit 94c in seconds. 4.5ghz on 1.265v. Ive had to increase voltage since that due to a few crashes. Now i suspect at that sort of load it would shut down. Need to work up the courage and scalp it, no warranty on it either if it does go pear shaped.

rip the lid off and put an EK naked mount kit on it then ;)
Im wondering if the ek kit would work with my current alpenfohn k2? It's a pretty decent cooler and if used with it's stock fans it's pretty quiet. Also have a few red clover fans from alpenfohn that are totally silent, (and match my mobo and cables). Im currently using akasa piranhas. Similair speed to the vipers but much better static pressure. Though loud at full speed.

Edit. I remember seeing this a while back.

Posted here originally.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1396010/its-official-haswell-is-on-fire/170#post_20123593

Seems to be a nice solution.

Last edited:
I wouldn't chance it tbh, its a precise mount kit made specifically for Supremacy blocks (doesn't even support the older Supreme HF), supposed to be made in such a way that its impossible to damage the die.

That said your clocks/volts are a similar range to mine, my chips just got some liquid metal under the IHS and temps are superb. Even after a good 4-6 hour session of BF4 temps are sitting in the mid 50's at 4.6ghz :)

Ahh, understand. I may still just scalp it and stick the ihs back on with a non conductive adhesive. Makes fitting and repasting a bit handier. Liquid ultra on the ihs here, (3 different mounts). Or if the right chip came up in members market id go for it and relegate this one to replacement for my 930 x58 setup.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I decided to try out the 14.2 AMD drivers and give BF4 a whirl. Whenever I start the game, single player or multiplayer it starts loading (with the flashy cursor), then the screen goes blank (except for flashy cursor, which is still there) and just sits there, sometimes it freezes and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del and kill the game.

Any ideas what's causing this?

Could be one of several bugs but first off if you have a user.cfg in the same folder as the bf4.exe try removing it.

Could be one of several bugs but first off if you have a user.cfg in the same folder as the bf4.exe try removing it.

I think I had a UI.DrawEnabled line in there that was causing a problem.

EDIT:
Also, tried playing with Mantle. Despite much higher framerate it seemed juddery (on 7950CF). Don't think Mantle is ready yet, on 7000 series cards in crossfire anyway!

Last edited:

EDIT:
Also, tried playing with Mantle. Despite much higher framerate it seemed juddery (on 7950CF). Don't think Mantle is ready yet, on 7000 series cards in crossfire anyway!
It is on mine... I learnt from LTMatt, memory usage was high, I set SBOA off and MSAA off and left everything on ULTRA and now it's so sweet under Mantle it's untrue! I had exactly the same thing, now it's perfectly smooth!

Memory use on the gpu is pretty low for me on bf4 maxed, 1900mb. I should have maybe kept my 2gb wf 670's in sli. System ram wise, it only uses 4gb of my ram which is clocked pretty high.

EDIT:

It is on mine... I learnt from LTMatt, memory usage was high, I set SBOA off and MSAA off and left everything on ULTRA and now it's so sweet under Mantle it's untrue! I had exactly the same thing, now it's perfectly smooth!

This. Always learn from the LT. In the ways of life, the ways of your amd gpu and even the ways of your woman.

Back
Top Bottom