• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

So what we're saying is that with Mantle I need to turn the settings down so the game looks worse than it does under DirectX?

I expect things to improve its a beta IMO still with Mantle.
but the smoothness I have with mantle, you dont have with any nvidia card.
playing with 3 screens and have its working as good as one, its simply is amazing.

so while people are sarcastic, the smoothness factor slides that over.

Last edited:
playing with 3 screens and have its working as good as one, its simply is amazing.

Well that was my initial point, Mantle doesn't feel smooth to me, probably worse than DirectX despite generally having higher FPS (it was capped at 120 for a large amount of the time).

I dont need any more frames, and its pretty smooth, looking forward to see how G-sync helps.

Mantle will be a bit like Gsync i think. In regards that you think something is perfectly smooth, then you try it (Mantle/Gsync) and it opens your eyes to increased smoothness that you just didn't think was possible before. Its hard to explain but you just have to try it yourself to believe/understand it. Of course there will no doubt be people that try either Mantle/Gsync and can't notice any difference/improvement. Those people will likely be in the minority though.

Mantle will be a bit like Gsync i think. In regards that you think something is perfectly smooth, then you try it (Mantle/Gsync) and it opens your eyes to increased smoothness that you just didn't think was possible before. Its hard to explain but you just have to try it yourself to believe/understand it. Of course there will no doubt be people that try either Mantle/Gsync and can't notice any difference/improvement. Those people will likely be in the minority though.

Correct, both are a solution to a similar problem, reviewers who got one of those Asus diy units said a similar thing about not noticing until you try it then you want it to be the norm.

Technology is moving forward in all directions which is a great thing for us.

What do these numbers mean anyone

I just ran BF4 in multi player with about 12 players in the game

I ran @1600p max settings and then used super sampling 200% (not sure what super sampling does exactly).

This is the FRAPS readout

2014-03-01 18:09:10 - bf4
Frames: 7814 - Time: 128623ms - Avg: 60.751 - Min: 19 - Max: 75

Here is the GPUZ Memory used.

g4CGsH5.jpg

Which cards Kaap?

The supersample/resolution scale is basically downsampling, it takes a higher resolution and compresses it down to your resolution. So 100% is native, 200% is 2x resolution (I think!).

So if I know my Kaapy and I like to think I do, thats 4 x 290X @ 1600p, ultra with around abouts 4K worth of sampling, impressive averages, be interesting to see where that minimum came from.

Which cards Kaap?

The supersample/resolution scale is basically downsampling, it takes a higher resolution and compresses it down to your resolution. So 100% is native, 200% is 2x resolution (I think!).

So if I know my Kaapy and I like to think I do, thats 4 x 290X @ 1600p, ultra with around abouts 4K worth of sampling, impressive averages, be interesting to see where that minimum came from.

My 4 x290Xs @stock

Not sure if you'll have enough vram for 200% res scale. Mantle uses more vram than DX , so something to consider. You need 14.2 beta if you want to use Mantle. 14.2 are not very good for benching though, but they run Mantle like a dream.

Not sure if you'll have enough vram for 200% res scale. Mantle uses more vram than DX , so something to consider. You need 14.2 beta if you want to use Mantle. 14.2 are not very good for benching though, but they run Mantle like a dream.

Here are the settings I was using.

FNSacSj.png

You can set the render once you've installed 14.2 in video options. If you don't want to try Mantle, then give the 14.2 beta's a pass and stick with 13.12 WHQL or your current driver.

Back
Top Bottom