• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

But you are saying that AMD users get this and assuming that the same applies for nVidia. One thing I noticed when looking at the people who benched was the difference between AMD's lows and nVidia's lows and nVidia had quite a big lead in keeping lows high. Maybe AMD struggled a little with DX and this is why it now feels smoother or maybe it is placebo (A lot of guys said it was ultra smooth in DX on AMD). I have no smoothness issues and my lows are always above 70 but I guess a single, lower card user might notice it slow down but that would have course require frames to drop massively.

Not true at all.

BF4 Mim FPS is DX are the same as Nvidia.

But you are saying that AMD users get this and assuming that the same applies for nVidia. One thing I noticed when looking at the people who benched was the difference between AMD's lows and nVidia's lows and nVidia had quite a big lead in keeping lows high. Maybe AMD struggled a little with DX and this is why it now feels smoother or maybe it is placebo (A lot of guys said it was ultra smooth in DX on AMD). I have no smoothness issues and my lows are always above 70 but I guess a single, lower card user might notice it slow down but that would have course require frames to drop massively.

Had plenty guys over on battlelog forum who use nvidia who also say the samething. That they either lock there frame rate or lower settings to keep the frame rate. This is because of the slow down effect you get when frame rate changes. It's not just from amd my mate countless post I have read are from both when running directx.

Like explained here, only it happens when you have say 100fps and drop to like you said say 70fps on directx I can feel that choppy feel. Maybe it's just me am more sensitive to the frame rate change. But on mantle I don't get any of it.
http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/guides/how-to-get-rid-of-lag-guide#1

Its not just you. Mantle is just plain smoother no mater what it does. thats also my experience.

Have not had time to run BF4 through it yet, but have a look at this.

Mantle.

DX

Any clues why im only getting 29fps on BF4 ultra settings?
GPU is MSI R9 290X Lightning, CPU FX9590, Win7 pro, latest non beta drivers.
I should be getting loads higher!?

CPU.

But, you should be getting more than that yes, even i'm getting 50+ Min with a P-II x6 1090T @ 4.2Ghz in DX.

Is your CPU throttling?

What Motherboard, CPU Cooler? have you tried it in Mantle?

Mobo is a Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z, corsair h100i cooler.
How do I try it in mantle?

I am going to Intel yes but its not straight away, will be a few weeks.....

Go to the Test Range (or anywhere) and set it to Mantle in the GFX settings, then come out and restart the game, when your back in game you will be running in Mantle.

See pic.

Back
Top Bottom