• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Bloody OBS crashed for the first time i've had the damn thing..

OBS has encountered an unhandled exception and has terminated. If you are able to
reproduce this crash, please submit this crash report on the forums at
http://www.obsproject.com/ - include the contents of this crash log and the
minidump .dmp file (if available) as well as your regular OBS log files and
a description of what you were doing at the time of the crash.

This crash appears to have occured in the 'c:\windows\system32\kernelbase.dll' module.

**** UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: 80000003
Fault address: 000007FEFDA53CA2 (c:\windows\system32\kernelbase.dll)
OBS version: Open Broadcaster Software v0.613b
Windows version: 6.1 (Build 7601) Service Pack 1
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Yea Matt was using OBS and running BF4 in Borderless Window Mode. Then in OBS just set it to Monitor Capture :)

I use this same method to record BF4 when running Mantle too.

Bloody OBS crashed for the first time i've had the damn thing..

OBS has encountered an unhandled exception and has terminated. If you are able to
reproduce this crash, please submit this crash report on the forums at
http://www.obsproject.com/ - include the contents of this crash log and the
minidump .dmp file (if available) as well as your regular OBS log files and
a description of what you were doing at the time of the crash.

This crash appears to have occured in the 'c:\windows\system32\kernelbase.dll' module.

**** UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: 80000003
Fault address: 000007FEFDA53CA2 (c:\windows\system32\kernelbase.dll)
OBS version: Open Broadcaster Software v0.613b
Windows version: 6.1 (Build 7601) Service Pack 1
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Yea Matt was using OBS and running BF4 in Borderless Window Mode. Then in OBS just set it to Monitor Capture :)

I use this same method to record BF4 when running Mantle too.

Lol i wondered what happened. :p

You dont have to fire up BF4 to change API.

Documents > Battlefield 4 > Settings > PROFSAVE_profile (I open this with Wordpad) then..

GstRender.MantleEnabled 0 = DX
GstRender.MantleEnabled 1 = Mantle

Then just hit Save.

Job done ;)

Out of curiosity as to what would happen I changed this to mantle with my nvidia cards, I was expecting and error code or something but the game just defaults its self back to dx11 :p

Sure :p

In all honesty I just wanted to see what error it would throw out, bound to be one or two BF4 errors I haven't added to my collection yet.

I have a new suggestion. Make the file read only after you select Mantle and see what happens. :D

Unfortunately when it defaults back to DX it doesn't change anything in the settings, it must be a fall back option if it fails to see a mantle compatible card.

Tried mantle on my nephews system tonight, (i5 3570k at 4.2ghz, amd 290 stock). Yes fps were higher, but it didnt feel any different from my spec in sig. Game was smooth. This graph gets bandied about, and it is faulty tbh.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=26038566&postcount=7262

The reviewer is running the game with at least 140% res scale to skew the nvidia 780ti results.

No he's not, he just knows how to bench properly, no doubt he's showing Mantle results in the best possible light, never the less, it shows the point of it and what it can do. :)

Matt wont mind me posting his results.

290 xFire i7 @ 4.8Ghz. Mantle 148 FPS vs DX 87 FPS (+70%)

My results; 123 FPS Mantle vs 57 FPS DX (+120%)

Last edited:
Humbug, personally i think mantle is brilliant. We need companys to force things upwards and push the technology, any company that does so has my respect. Amd on the gpu front are doing so with mantle, and their cards are cheaper. But i still gota say mate, in that graph i quoted. The figures for a 780ti are way way too low on those settings. Theyre more akin to the figures i get on a single stock 780 using 150% res scale at 1920x1200 with everything else maxed.

Humbug, personally i think mantle is brilliant. We need companys to force things upwards and push the technology, any company that does so has my respect. Amd on the gpu front are doing so with mantle, and their cards are cheaper. But i still gota say mate, in that graph i quoted. The figures for a 780ti are way way too low on those settings. Theyre more akin to the figures i get on a single stock 780 using 150% res scale at 1920x1200 with everything else maxed.

Not that I care for graphs at all, but it's interesting to note that pcgh team are using a stock i5 and Windows 7.

Would be interesting to see how the results might change with a bit more on the CPU, if at all.

humbug - The DX screenshot is only showing 83% and 36% GPU usage?

CPU bottleneck. :) AKA the problem

You might be right. i don't know. all i do know is what i think we do agree on :)

I could turn my 4770k into an i5 4670k by turning off hyperthreading in bios. And it wont make any difference whatsoever with a single gtx 780. Sli is a different matter, i ran 670 sli with a 3570k at 4.5ghz, a 3770k at 4.5ghz and my current 4770k at 4.5ghz. Moral of the story, dont try to play bf4 with multi gpu on an i5, wether it has mantle or not. You will suffer big fps drops, high cpu use and stuttering. People on here using bf4 as a benchmark for dx or mantle, it's laughable. The game is so badly broken from even dices point of view, it wouldnt matter if god himself tried to come down and have a look at it, hed get bored within 2 minutes and go play usa vs russia for an fps fix.:D

Back
Top Bottom