• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I could turn my 4770k into an i5 4670k by turning off hyperthreading in bios. And it wont make any difference whatsoever with a single gtx 780. Sli is a different matter, i ran 670 sli with a 3570k at 4.5ghz, a 3770k at 4.5ghz and my current 4770k at 4.5ghz. Moral of the story, dont try to play bf4 with multi gpu on an i5, wether it has mantle or not. You will suffer big fps drops, high cpu use and stuttering. People on here using bf4 as a benchmark for dx or mantle, it's laughable. The game is so badly broken from even dices point of view, it wouldnt matter if god himself tried to come down and have a look at it, hed get bored within 2 minutes and go play usa vs russia for an fps fix.:D

Go to the Origin Install directory BF4 folder, create a text file, add this string to it Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8 and save it as user.cfg if you haven't already got one there, if you have; simply add that string to it.

Problem solved, turn HT on :)

I'm off yo bed.

Last edited:
Already got that going humbug, and afterburner cpu use on screen. Normaly at 65% average, (ideal on an i7). i5 your looking at a constant 99% with sli, but lower temps compared to the likes of p95/ibt etc. Cant afford another 780 at the mo unfortunately, blew too much cash on a new case.:)

I notice that when i change API to DX i get a few DX Errors but it always runs fine with Mantle. I wanted to do a split screen comparison video between the 2 but for the errors :(

Anyway.. looking forward to tuesday now.. I'll be giving the new DLC a good testing :D

On March 25, Battlefield 4 Premium members on consoles will be able to experience the ultimate sea-to-sea warfare in the third expansion pack for Battlefield 4. Battlefield 4 Naval Strike takes the intense and dramatic water-based combat introduced in Battlefield 4 to four all-new maps set in the South China Sea while introducing a new game mode and vehicle.

However, we are delaying the launch of Battlefield 4 Naval Strike on PC. We’ve detected an issue and it needs to be solved. Quality is our number one priority and we will not release Battlefield 4 Naval Strike on PC until we feel it meets the highest quality level possible. Once we have a confirmed date for PC, we’ll be sure to update those players on our official channels. We appreciate your patience and look forward to seeing everyone on the Battlefield.

Wow..

I do feel sorry for those across the pond that stayed up late for this.. to find out it aint coming today.

So they won't release naval strike as it doesn't meet the highest quality levels possible, but the rest of the broken game was perfectly acceptable to release???:confused:

Eyes and ears people, eyes and ears!!

Naval Strike is here and there is a nice game patch as well. Forget the game info, lets get to the juicy Mantle info. The fix list excites me as i was getting the stall every 10 minutes or so. Interested to see what they mean regarding frame pacing in Mantle as well. It was (xfire Mantle) already smoother than single card dx11.1.

MANTLE
-Mantle now requires Catalyst 14.2 or later drivers.
-Fixed multiple crashes.
-Fixed memory leak when switching between windowed and full screen.
-Optimized memory management which can reduce amount of performance stalls when video memory is overcommitted.
-Improved performance when vsync is used.
-Fixed bug with offset mouse cursor when using full screen and horizontal windows taskbar.
-Multi-GPU: Added initial support for frame pacing for smoother frame rate in full screen mode, enabled by default. Can be disabled in console / User.cfg with “RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 0”.
-Multi-GPU: Fixed black screen when starting on machine with multiple GPUs where the weakest GPU has the display attached to it.
-Multi-GPU: Fixed intermittent crash when switching between windowed and full screen mode when having multiple GPUs

Source
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065227487387474/last/

Naval Strike is here and there is a nice game patch as well. Forget the game info, lets get to the juicy Mantle info. The fix list excites me as i was getting the stall every 10 minutes or so. Interested to see what they mean regarding frame pacing in Mantle as well. It was (xfire Mantle) already smoother than single card dx11.1.

Source

Nice will go and give this a bash. Hope it fixes you issue you was having mate.

Source

Thanks Matt, will give it a go. :)

My thoughts so far. Still get a stall, but its a fraction of what it was. Not perfect though so Dice have more work to do. However somehow the rendering lines have got even thinner. Didn't think it was possible, but there you go.

My thoughts so far. Still get a stall, but its a fraction of what it was. Not perfect though so Dice have more work to do. However somehow the rendering lines have got even thinner. Didn't think it was possible, but there you go.

The first thing i did was to whack everything up to full Ultra and then go on Paracel Storm, that was wishful thinking on my part, it soon climbed to 2.4GB and went to #### :D

Tho the resulting stuttering was much less than pre this patch, almost playable, and i did actually continue to play on :o but the problem obviously still exists.

I will start again with the IQ settings, see if i can get them at least a bit higher, there isn't much in it, i have everything on Ultra, bar Texture quality, if i can get that on High and HBAO i wouldn't want it any higher.

Last edited:
Well this crap is broken for me again.. total stuttery mess even on all High and 2xMSAA..

Nice one Dice.

Idiots!

Edit.. Btw before this patch/DLC PerfOverlay.DrawGraph for CPU was just a smooth line for me.. now its all over the place.

Last edited:
Wanted to do some testing but getting can't join this server - game and server mismatch, so thought I would do some single player testing and it is a complete stutter fest (taking the boat from the ship to the Valkyrie). Not smooth at all :(

Back
Top Bottom