• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

LT has figured out the problem regarding Mantle. Dice have botched their attempted frame pacing. Place this in your user.cfg (or type it into the console) to get perfect performance back. No stalls and smooth performance since i disabled it.

RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 0

It may well be that Dices frame pacing implementation won't work properly until AMD release new drivers. That's my two cents anyway.

Will try this tonight, thank you. Had major cpu spikes and FPS drops lastnight on new maps, was rather annoying :mad:

141, AFAIK its the far left stats that are the overall.

Mantle handling it well, mortar was very heavy on my CPU compared to the other two I tested.

Also, alt+prt scrn only captures the active window not the whole desktop ;)

Thanks for clearing that up :D
I never neenew that, there me capping full screen all time haaaa

Sp or mp benchmarks? :D.

I thought mp doesn't look as good as the sp?. Very demanding game on my system when maxed out and i mean at full maximum settings but only 1920x1080 120Hz. Yikes time for titan z? :D gtx780 sli don't do so well hahaha!, nice looking game though.

That can't be 45fps in the opening corridor? IIRC I get somewhere around 110fps on a single 780 with ultra settings and 1920x1080 res in that bit. (Or are you using some silly level of forced AA to?).

I would be looking into why CPU 3,5,7 are all 0%. Core unparking?
Maybe core parking? don't know really, even overclocking the cpu to just above 4.6 GHz made little difference and even with intel hyper threading disabled. I'm more inclined to agree with bit-tech's review of their BF4 single player performance analysis, they suggest that the GPU/s will limit you before your CPU does?. Most of my personal findings are like what they found, their testing showed the Radeon R9 290X 4GB and GeForce GTX 780 3GB crumbled at maximum in-game settings at 1920x1080. The resolution scaling is the real killer on my pc. Not sure what to make of the cpu behaviour on my end? ha.

bit-tech mention ...."increasing the resolution scale percentage is akin to upping the resolution, so it's no surprise to see massive drops at each step. At 200 percent, the cards are effectively running at 4K with ultra settings, so it's no wonder that even the R9 290X crumbles. As hardware improves in future generations and the game becomes easier to run, this setting could well come in handy as a way of improving visuals, but for now it's probably best left alone. We can't really see many situations where more beneficial than it is disadvantageous, and it certainly isn't recommended unless you're easily and constantly hitting above 60fps with your desired settings".

Battlefield 4|bit-tech.net

That can't be 45fps in the opening corridor? IIRC I get somewhere around 110fps on a single 780 with ultra settings and 1920x1080 res in that bit. (Or are you using some silly level of forced AA to?).
I'm testing the game with maximum settings, and i mean all the sliders and stuff as high as they will go, i don't play at those settings though, i just wanted to see how far i can push my GTX 780's, and they crumble, lol.

Ah yeah 30fps in the same scene with 200% res scaling - dropping scaling to 100% back to 100fps heh. VRAM use was at 2.8GB so not sure if it was maxing out or not quite close but don't think it was VRAM limited.

Yeah am aware - never saw it quite max out I don't think as it peaked at 2.8GB and was mostly bumping around 2.65GB but hard to tell that close if its actually having an impact on performance or not (seen other games use higher).

I am not getting it, is it because I am thinking of 1080 as a number not a RES, as 1080x200% = 2160 and 1080x400% = 4320

I didn't get it at first and I've gone and forgotten again, but roff is right its something to do with pixel area rather then pixel count. One of the perf overlays tells you what the engine is rendering at and 1080 200% & 1440 150% will give you 4k.

Don't worry, I didn't get it either. Well done Rusty :D

Just had a go on the new morta map and looks good but same ol ****. Taking a flag and crack goes the sniper rifles.

Back
Top Bottom