• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I have just had a quick play on Shanghai to see how a single card coped at 4K and it was fine on that but I bet with deeper testing, there is more bits broken.

I'll do some testing later tonight on the new maps. Any idea which is the biggest/most complex? Time has become a luxury these days.

Played a 64 player domination map and the fps drops were down to 11 at some points :(

Played 64 player conquest large and it was alright for the most part.

Havn't tested an older map yet but i'm too tired today, i'm liking the maps so far though :)

Just need to do some benching when i can get it stable

LT has figured out the problem regarding Mantle. Dice have botched their attempted frame pacing. Place this in your user.cfg (or type it into the console) to get perfect performance back. No stalls and smooth performance since i disabled it.

RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 0

It may well be that Dices frame pacing implementation won't work properly until AMD release new drivers. That's my two cents anyway.

LT has figured out the problem regarding Mantle. Dice have botched their attempted frame pacing. Place this in your user.cfg (or type it into the console) to get perfect performance back. No stalls and smooth performance since i disabled it.

RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 0

It may well be that Dices frame pacing implementation won't work properly until AMD release new drivers. That's my two cents anyway.

Matt.. you're a freaking legend! Thank You!!!

Lost Island
Carrier Assault
780 SLI @ 1202/1700
4770K @ 4.9ghz

bf4_lostislands.jpg

160fps average :)

lost islands is OK, nice and broken up to prevent it becoming all about vehicles, though you literally become a sitting duck when crossing the large stretches of water by foot.

It gets pretty interesting inside the carriers too :)

Edit: will have wave breaker results shortly.

Operation Mortar

bf4_mortar.jpg

ignore the minimums, I get this ****** up bug where if I left click as someone logs into origin it shoves the game into windows mode and opens up a chat window sending the frames plummeting in the process :confused:

Mortar IMO is the best map of the 3 I've tried so far, its massive, lots going on, theres even a castle.

Couple of runs on nansha strike.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
38477, 390830, 0, 150, 98.449

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
62171, 600000, 47, 200, 103.618

1920x1200, x4msaa ultra preset. Stock 4770k and gtx 780. The 0 min in the first run was when my keyboard decided to disconnect. Stock cpu is probably hurting minimums a bit too.

141, AFAIK its the far left stats that are the overall.

Mantle handling it well, mortar was very heavy on my CPU compared to the other two I tested.

Also, alt+prt scrn only captures the active window not the whole desktop ;)

Back
Top Bottom