• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Not something I have had, what Mouse you using and does it have latest Drivers?

I have had G500 and now Corsair M65 since Bf4 release and worked fine.

Already on my second mouse, thought it was the CM Sentinel I had acting up at first but its doing it on my G500S now too.

The CM rep I spoke to did say something to do with mouse input was changed going from win 8 to win 8.1, I'd hoped it was something DICE may have picked up on and patched (as raw input should solve it but doesn't).

So my final throw of the dice is to hope its something on my windows install thats buggered up, hopefully win 8.1 patch 1 ISO's will be available shortly.

Yeah, time will tell, its the only game it happens in which is why I was hopeful DICE could patch it.

DICE have taken note of the rubber banding issues:

We wanted to provide a quick update on the issues with Battlefield 4 “rubber banding” that some players on certain platforms have experienced during matches with 64 players.

Looking into this further, we’re unhappy with our server performance, so we’ll be upgrading the hardware as soon as possible, investing more to deliver a better experience.

As soon as we know the exact timetable, we’ll let you know the ETA. Reducing lag for these players is absolutely a top priority for us to solve and we expect to have the solution very soon.

Whats ******* me off something chronic at the moment is some server rules, I have no problem with *NO EXPLOSIVES* servers, apart from when 'no explosives' means 'no RPG or M320, 12g frag is cool as are grenades, claymore were not sure of, try it and see? Airburst, nah not explosive enough so use it'

Last edited:
Is there a new audio bug since NS came out? Playing just now on a round of domination, all of a sudden i get this brrrr type noise, im expecting a bsod as ive had this with an unstable cpu oc before. But the game plays on just without audio. Using onboard sound here, latest drivers but do have a xonar DX lying on my desk i might try.

I got that as well but it ended up in a system lock up.
No lock but just had a look in event viewer. Shows up the following.

AUDIODG.EXE
4ce7abf9
RTKSMlfx.dll
520e2d72
c0000005
000000000036cfbc
01cf51adc7306b1c
C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\RTKSMlfx.dll
aaf16458-bda5-11e3-b8a8-ac220b2a4a5a

Recently i had updated to the latest bios, id been having issues with a new mechanical keyboard randomly disconnecting. Which it still does but not as frequently. My cpu oc settings are the same as what i had been using previously.

Since the latest patch I get the game hardlock after about 40 minutes of playing with a audio loop then after 10 seconds the audio stops looping and bf4.exe stopped responding dialog comes up in the background. 05 fault with BF4.exe rather than the audio processes though for me.

It seems to be a combination of shadowplay and some audio problem for me though - like when they both happen to access the audio hardware at the same time for something it kills it.

Last edited:
Since the latest patch I get the game hardlock after about 40 minutes of playing with a audio loop then after 10 seconds the audio stops looping and bf4.exe stopped responding dialog comes up in the background. 05 fault with BF4.exe rather than the audio processes though for me.

Glad to see they fixed the game :p

Onboard audio or aftermarket card? I think i might bung the DX back in again. Will sound a lot better too.

Onboard audio or aftermarket card? I think i might bung the DX back in again. Will sound a lot better too.

X-Fi - I had to stop using onboard (was planning on getting a new soundcard anyhow) as audio still after all this time will randomly cut out either for a few seconds or for the rest of the map using realtek. (Haven't noticed any event viewer entries when it happens though).

TBH the X-Fi is the only thing I've found to work properly as such with the game audio wise so far - everything else has had one issue or other. From some casual digging it looks like they literally copy and pasted the X-Fi specific path from BF2 that was used to implement higher quality sound with the XRAM so it probably has some special casing in the BF4 engine or something hence why its a little less problematic.

EDIT: Or they wholesale borrowed from that to develop the stock sound engine in BF4 and hence coincidentally works well on the X-Fi.

Last edited:
Funnily enough the reason i bought the DX was due to audio crashes in BFBC2. System was an i7 920 at 4.2ghz, onboard realtek iirc. Once i stopped using onboard that game ran great.

The board in sig uses an asus ROG supreme fx audio chip, (bit of a tall claim using the word supreme as it sounds awful tbh).

Are you using shadowplay? I'm 99% sure the cause of this fault is a combination of shadowplay and bf4 problems if its the same as what I'm getting.

Ah now this all sounds familiar, setter what mech keyboard? I get the exact same thing with random disconnect reconnect, was thinking my KB was faulty!!

Also using onboard sound. Been looking for a reason to buy a flash new sound card.

Are you using shadowplay? I'm 99% sure the cause of this fault is a combination of shadowplay and bf4 problems if its the same as what I'm getting.
I dont ever have shadowplay running at all.

Ah now this all sounds familiar, setter what mech keyboard? I get the exact same thing with random disconnect reconnect, was thinking my KB was faulty!!

Also using onboard sound. Been looking for a reason to buy a flash new sound card.
Keyboard is the new ozone strike pro model. This is my second one. Disconnects now and again wether connected to front /rear usb 2/3, system at stock or oc'd, latest mobo bios and board drivers. Happens on desktop or in games. The first one wouldnt even work at all in my second rig. Cant think that its a power issue as my old G15 rev 1 is a more power hungry board and it works flawlessly on either system, both G15's in fact.

Kb here.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-008-OZ&groupid=702&catid=2705&subcat=2706

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom