• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Possible, though my second system is an older i7 x58 based setup. Ive yet to try this replacement keyboard on it though. On Rroff's reccomendation on another thread, i disabled usb legacy suspend in the win 7 control panel power settings. But still no joy.

I dont get a usb disconnect sound when it does cut out, only when it reconnects. But sometimes i have to physically reconnect it as it wont do so itself.

Snap, though as of yet I haven't had to physically reconnect it.
Does it happen on your setup at stock too? I thought it might have been an old usb extension i was using, (very short cable on this kb). Connected at case rear, but going via the case front usb with just the kb cable itself results in the same.

Looking at the power rating for the strike pro, it's listed on the back as.

5 volts
250 mA.

The G15 is listed as.

5 volts
500 mA

Last edited:
Yeah tried at stock, I'm wondering if its a power issue too, as I have my 360 controller, a USB stick and headphones all plugged into the actual board, the USB is a hub and 3.5mm is pass through.

Edit:

5v
500ma

My strike is connected via a KVM (though emulation is off) never tried it connected directly but the only time I've had problems with USB devices randomly stop responding was due to that USB selective suspend thing - though IIRC I disabled it via regitry settings initially not sure if it makes any difference to doing it via the power options.

Only devices i have plugged in, (both at rear) are the kb and a G500 mouse. Occasionally ill have a usb flash drive or my phone hooked up to front usb to transfer odds and ends. Saves getting down and moving my brute of a case to get at the rear ports.

I'm getting massive CPU spikes now in Mantle, wtf, been perfect, then the last two times, it's a mess...

INFACT - now there's flickering all over textures again... damn it... from 100% perfect to ****e in the space of a week.

Last edited:
I'm getting massive CPU spikes now in Mantle, wtf, been perfect, then the last two times, it's a mess...

INFACT - now there's flickering all over textures again... damn it... from 100% perfect to ****e in the space of a week.

Welcome to the DICE way of patching.

Nope, all over the place with value 1... weird

Can I ask is it:

RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 1

or

Render.FramePacingMethod 1

And do I have on in CCC or off? it's currently ON in CCC and I'm using RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 1 and textures all over the place on Hanoi and CPU is making game unplayable.

Last edited:
Nope, all over the place with value 1... weird

Can I ask is it:

RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 1

or

Render.FramePacingMethod 1

And do I have on in CCC or off? it's currently ON in CCC and I'm using RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 1 and textures all over the place on Hanoi and CPU is making game unplayable.

I leave CCC alone and have RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 1

Looks like it's VSYNC issue as well, took VSYNC off, no spikes, p[ut it on, spikes... ffs... ok it's nice to see 100+fps... but I want 60 and silky smooth... and Hanoi is still fcked bigtime... glitches all over the place.

Last edited:
Looks like it's VSYNC issue as well, took VSYNC off, no spikes, p[ut it on, spikes... ffs... ok it's nice to see 100+fps... but I want 60 and silky smooth... and Hanoi is still fcked bigtime... glitches all over the place.

I dont play with Vsync so cant comment on that part. Maybe lock the Frame rate down?

Enter GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60

the graffiti just goes on then off when i get closer to it. mesh fences don't seem to render right. i'll see what i can grab

I dont play with Vsync so cant comment on that part. Maybe lock the Frame rate down?

Enter GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60

Usually vsync off and FPS locked to 60 (on a 60Hz panel) will result in very noticeable tearing. Locking a bit above the Hz will often result in a large reduction in noticeable tearing - I've not done it for quite awhile at 60Hz so not sure off hand what works best - I use 125 on 120Hz.

the graffiti just goes on then off when i get closer to it. mesh fences don't seem to render right. i'll see what i can grab

To some extent that happens on all GPUs with BF4 though seems a bit worse on some AMD than others.

Back
Top Bottom