• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Please do let who know :D just in case someone else had the same issue be nice to find out what it was.

Ok ok

Let me start by saying the issue with my old mouse (cm sentinel) is a disconnect issue related to windows 8.1, I've had this confirmed by cm.

So now my g500s was giving me no control using infantry...last night I let go of the mouse and noticed the camera was slightly moving in one direction, so unplugged my 360 controller and boom mouse is back in action.

360 controller is about 8 years old and worn, the right thumb stick has a lean on it which is occasionally sending movement commands to bf4, overriding mouse input.

Tl;Dr I need a new 360 controller.

Tut tut pg tips. The grief you gave Dice over that one lol. :D

And Greg all the fuss you kicked up yesterday about the 295x2 performance on that cut scene and yet you can't even run it or won't record it because of stutter lol. :D

Shame on you both gents. :p

And Greg all the fuss you kicked up yesterday about the 295x2 performance on that cut scene and yet you can't even run it or won't record it because of stutter lol. :D

I don't know what the dabate about the 295x2 performance is about as I have not been following it, but I do know for 4K and BF4 it won't be much use.

Here are my cards at stock and the CPU @4.0 running BF4 maxed out in multiplayer using 4K settings. Drivers were 13.11 (mantle would probably add about 5% to the average). I did get killed in this run a couple of times too.:D

2014-04-11 08:41:42 - bf4
Frames: 10763 - Time: 116517ms - Avg: 92.373 - Min: 50 - Max: 118

A 295x2 would score just over half of the above numbers. The problem with the 295x2 as well is it does not have much overclocking headroom.

I don't know what the dabate about the 295x2 performance is about as I have not been following it, but I do know for 4K and BF4 it won't be much use.

Here are my cards at stock and the CPU @4.0 running BF4 maxed out in multiplayer using 4K settings. Drivers were 13.11 (mantle would probably add about 5% to the average). I did get killed in this run a couple of times too.:D

2014-04-11 08:41:42 - bf4
Frames: 10763 - Time: 116517ms - Avg: 92.373 - Min: 50 - Max: 118

A 295x2 would score just over half of the above numbers. The problem with the 295x2 as well is it does not have much overclocking headroom.

You could probably just turn AA down to x2 or off and get playable fps with no drop in image quality though. Its time to move off those old drivers now Kaap and try Mantle. No more excuses. ;)

Lol I know!! I still have to test further but a controller over riding mouse input sounds very plausible.

Wireless controller next, at least then I can turn it off without having to work my way through a birds nest of cables.

I didn't see me kicking up any fuss and only people who didn't like me beating the 295x2 were not happy because A - My cards are water cooled. B - They were not pre heated. C - I paid too much. D - You get the picture :p

But yer, the stutter for me is bad and in the SP especially.

4 stock Titans

3930k @4.0

1600p maxed with 200% resolution scaling (5120x3200)

Multiplayer game

2014-04-11 15:21:42 - bf4
Frames: 6099 - Time: 103819ms - Avg: 58.746 - Min: 24 - Max: 70

I even managed to get a couple of kills.:D

It is very playable even at these settings as the average is close to the max.

337.5 drivers.

The problem with the 295x2 as well is it does not have much overclocking headroom.

Why do people keep saying this. After checking the first 3 reviews on google. It would seem none of them used voltage. I take it there is no support yet.

Hardocp said this.

There is headroom to overclock higher thanks to the cooling. We experience a maximum temperature of 71c at 1100MHz. With some more voltage we could see these GPUs being stable at higher frequencies and maintain temperatures in the 70's. However, we did notice one thing, in Overdrive there was a maximum temperature cap of 75c. Therefore, without special supported software we may see the temperature max out at 75c and keep us from overclocking beyond that.

Other reviews show lower temps at 1100 mhz with no voltage added in.

It's an unknown atm how far these cards will overclock when voltage software is available.

1100 is about the limit of my cards without voltage so it sounds about right, at least compared to both of my cards. Certainly not golden, but what i would deem average.

Why do people keep saying this. After checking the first 3 reviews on google. It would seem none of them used voltage. I take it there is no support yet.

Hardocp said this.

Other reviews show lower temps at 1100 mhz with no voltage added in.

It's an unknown atm how far these cards will overclock when voltage software is available.

What is in the box is what you get, it the reviewers are getting poor overclocks that's where we are.

I also don't think that two 8 Pin power connectors help much either, for comparison 2 of my Hawaii GPUs can use nearly 700 watts between them, this kind of power draw on a couple of 8 Pin connectors is probably not a good idea. I also think that it was no accident that AMD went with two 8 pin connectors as I think that trying to get that AIO cooler to deal with 700 watts of heat would not be a good idea.

Last edited:
What is in the box is what you get, it the reviewers are getting poor overclocks that's where we are.

I also don't think that two 8 Pin power connectors help much either, for comparison 2 of my Hawaii GPUs can use nearly 700 watts between them, this kind of power draw on a couple of 8 Pin connectors is probably not a good idea. I also think that it was no accident that AMD went with two 8 pin connectors as I think that trying to get that AIO cooler to deal with 700 watts of heat would not be a good idea.

Review sites don't seem to be capable of overclocking hawaii cards to anything near what they are capable of. Ocuk on the 290x release had pretty much all there cards benching at speeds over 1200mhz core on the stock cooler. Will wait to see how 8pack and Gibbo get on.

He was moaning yesterday that user benching don't count and reviewers are the bible for results and now the reviewers can't get high clocks, they don't count.

I also agree that 2*8 pin connectors would limit headroom for bigger voltages.

Review sites don't seem to be capable of overclocking hawaii cards to anything near what they are capable of. Ocuk on the 290x release had pretty much all there cards benching at speeds over 1200mhz core on the stock cooler. Will wait to see how 8pack and Gibbo get on.

Those power connectors are a big problem, I don't think 8 Pack will be impressed.

75 watts from the PCI-E slot means that those 2 power connectors would have to deliver over 600 watts between them (300 more than they are rated for) to match a couple of 290Xs running big overclocks.

He was moaning yesterday that user benching don't count and reviewers are the bible for results and now the reviewers can't get high clocks, they don't count.

No i wasn't was just showing you why you trying to prove that the review 780ti sli results were wrong because your watercooled titan's said so. Honestly more bait get a grip.

I think me and Cat pretty much proved the point i was trying to make.

Those power connectors are a big problem, I don't think 8 Pack will be impressed.

75 watts from the PCI-E slot means that those 2 power connectors would have to deliver over 600 watts between them (300 more than they are rated for) to match a couple of 290Xs running big overclocks.

Yea i understand this and i don't think huge overclocks are on the cards but if they could reach 1200 with some voltage i doubt anyone would call that bad for a dual gpu card.

Do you remember all the bad publicity that the GTX 590 got, this could be AMDs answer if people start going crazy on the volts.:eek:

I wonder how long it will take SweClockers to blow a 295x2 up.:D

Yea i understand this and i don't think huge overclocks are on the cards but if they could reach 1200 with some voltage i doubt anyone would call that bad for a dual gpu card.

It all depends what they want to run, something like Dirt Showdown may be possible but some of the more modern games are not so easy.

No i wasn't was just showing you why you trying to prove that the review 780ti sli results were wrong because your watercooled titan's said so. Honestly more bait get a grip.

I am serious. Go and read your comments about my benching methodology and you proper jumped on me. Now the reviewers don't get high clocks, they are doing it wrong... Move the goal posts much?

Doesn't matter to me, as I prefer user reviews/results and we are all different but you need to be consistent if you are pulling people up. Remember how I linked users with boost clocks and you said it needed to be what reviewers got? :p

Back
Top Bottom