• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Blame dice not amd :p latest patch added mantle frame pacing. Kinder not gone to plan from dice.
RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 1 works fine also tthough. I like 0 disabled

You cant get it running properly on a next gen console never mind a pc equipped with an nv or amd gpu. More bugs than a tramps matress.:D

Surely it's not as bad as all that lol. I thought the game was going in the right direction for months now. I only know one guy with the console version and he loves it.

Last edited:
Surely it's not as bad as all that lol. I thought the game was going in the right direction for months now.
Everytime they release a patch/dlc/battlelog update, they break more things than they fix. Quite often breaking things that had been fixed in previous updates, (100 ticket sound cut out bug in tdm). With dice it's very much a one step forward, two steps back approach.

My main grip with bf4 is balance, not so much guns but the vehicles.
Apart from that ggame works sweet for me, not played for about week though and seen YouTube video from jackfrags showing a bug where nades won't pass a dead player.
Either way bf4 is still number one first person shooter on the market. And a true great experience of what mantle as to offer.

While i think mantle is a great idea, i still think bf4 wasnt an ideal game to launch it on. At the core it is a very good game, but theyve taken so long to address the issues with it. Bf3 did suffer from a few of theese, though they were a bit quicker to sort them out. The most annoying aspect for me is the terrible hit reg and sync issues, commonly referred to as bf's netcode. This was never fixed in bf3 and probably will never be fixed in bf4 either.

Agree with setter, BF4/DICE issues get blame passed down to mantle. The new CIV game should be an ideal platform to show what its all about.

Take the frame pace bug atm, it literally takes 5 seconds to fix, you'd think a simple patch to change ONE NUMBER would be the easiest fix EVER. Yet they still haven't officially addressed it?

It is.

The only time I don't get full whack out of my 780's is indoors on Metro...as I'm sat on the 200fps limit :p

As Matt has pointed out and I can confirm, the new drivers are fantastic for nVidia in 4K except for BF4. I rolled back to previous WHQL's to test and no issues at all but a few less fps. The new wonder drivers in BF4 made it stuttery when straffing and I tend to strafe quite a bit.

Both quite new and both with teething problems and I wouldn't worry. AMD are not the quickest but they will sort it.

While i think mantle is a great idea, i still think bf4 wasnt an ideal game to launch it on. At the core it is a very good game, but theyve taken so long to address the issues with it. Bf3 did suffer from a few of theese, though they were a bit quicker to sort them out. The most annoying aspect for me is the terrible hit reg and sync issues, commonly referred to as bf's netcode. This was never fixed in bf3 and probably will never be fixed in bf4 either.

Fully understand if you was to play competitive bf4 will never work. Network latency is a big issue, but when I just jump on for some game time it don't bother me at all tbh.

As we are often told one persons issue doesn't cover everyone, 337.50 have been near flawless for me :)

Not to mention I'm on a different OS to greg, might be why. Who knows!

New OS install for me at the weekend anyhow, this new ram not playing nicely with my motherboard has borked something, getting to windows now takes 10 mins not 10 seconds.

337.50 have been good for me in bf4 with a single card, win7 64 here.

Bad job about the beast ram Paul, seen your troubles in another thread. Very strange that it even needs 1.7v to run at it's xmp rating. Sure id have expected a need to bump chipset voltages with 16gb, but not actual dram v.

337.50 have been good for me in bf4 with a single card, win7 64 here.

Bad job about the beast ram Paul, seen your troubles in another thread. Very strange that it even needs 1.7v to run at it's xmp rating. Sure id have expected a need to bump chipset voltages with 16gb, but not actual dram v.

It reminds me an awful lot of the sammy green I tried to run in an MSI X79 board, daft volts to get anywhere near its rated speed. Turns out it just wasn't suited to the board. Will probably bang it up on the MM once all of OcUK's stock has deffo dried up.

Pretty unfortunate, had greens prior to the kit in sig, luckily they ran fine and clocked pretty well in both Z77 and Z87, 2133mhz, 9-10-10-21 1T on 1.55v. Had the stuff in sig at 2600mhz, 11-13-12-31 1T 1.75v for a few benches, run it on xmp mostly though as theres no noticeable difference for games. Need to source another 8gb of it soon but ocuk dont stock the c10 kits currently.

Another bug found:

I unlocked the F2000 the other night, yet it still sits in my assignments bit and refuses to clear as per screen cap...

ScreenshotWin32-00048.png

Back
Top Bottom