• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I just tried taking screenshots in the game using the printscreen button on my keyboard but it just took a screenshot of the desktop... could that be related to this issue perhaps?

No you can take a screenshot by bringing up the console in game and typing Screenshot.Render

Its saved in my docs/bf4/screenshots

I just tried taking screenshots in the game using the printscreen button on my keyboard but it just took a screenshot of the desktop... could that be related to this issue perhaps?

Now that is interesting. I would start disabling all apps not needed and see if something else is stopping it.

Matt does RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod do anything for single GPUs? if so which one?

It does, it works on single gpu's as well. I recommend trying them all and using which one works best for you. If it was me id probably disable it if i had a single gpu to garner all the fps i can get.

Any clues as to whats caused this?

ERROR
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'pgi947' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Disallowed Program/Driver [130827]

Purest of pure clean installs of windows 8 on sunday, drivers installed along with steam/origin and relative games THATS IT.

Any clues as to whats caused this?

Purest of pure clean installs of windows 8 on sunday, drivers installed along with steam/origin and relative games THATS IT.

Usually just PB detecting something like MSI Afterburner overlay or such and thinking its 'potentially' dodgy. Just restart any overlay stuff and or your pc. Then run pbsetup, insure you're running the latest version of pb and away you go.

Cheers fellas, all done.

Never had that from an out of date PB file before, usually it just doesn't let me join a server!

The other thing I meant to ask, texture and model loading at the start of a game.

Occasionally (maybe 3-4 times out of 10) when I start a round I spawn with no weapon, I switch to pistol, my guy has no hands just literally a floating pistol in front of him that doesn't fire, press 1 and my main gun and arms and all are back as normal. When this happens water fails to show as well, for example in Metro, for the duration of the above I see no water, switch weapons about I magically get weapons too!

Made a thread on bl last night asking about cpu spiking in this, was told to try it in 32bit mode. So gave it a blast. Much smoother than 64 bit. What is the difference between each version anyway? Also checked the bf4 exe compatibility setting, was showing as win xp. Changed it to win7 and now even on 64bit it seems a lot better. Mind you ive only tried it so far on test range. The cpu and gpu line were practically on top of each other for the duration of the period i was testing, mix of ground and vehicle stuff.

Back
Top Bottom