• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Guys how would i go about benchmarking a few maps playing multiplayer using mantle?

Is there a console command that i can use?

Yes,

Perfoverlay.FrameFileLogEnable 1 to begin benchmarking (when you spawn)
Perfoverlay.FrameFileLogEnable 0 to stop benchmarking.

Results in my docs/bf4 folder.

Hmm, still getting odd stutters. Just for comparison i tried bf3 earlier, running perfectly. Two graph lines are flatter than pancakes and no sharp spikes when i turn, shoot, get shot, (which happens a lot).

Made a thread on bl last night asking about cpu spiking in this, was told to try it in 32bit mode. So gave it a blast. Much smoother than 64 bit. What is the difference between each version anyway? Also checked the bf4 exe compatibility setting, was showing as win xp. Changed it to win7 and now even on 64bit it seems a lot better. Mind you ive only tried it so far on test range. The cpu and gpu line were practically on top of each other for the duration of the period i was testing, mix of ground and vehicle stuff.

Not sure what the difference is but you might well be helping me out with your testing, as I am seeing CPU spikes like a heart beat lol. Never had it on older drivers but these new beta's are poo for me in BF4.

I will give the 32bit a blast and see what happens. Thanks for the unintentional heads up :D

No probs Greg, all part of the service, even if unintentional.:D

Tbf though, ive had this on every driver since the game came out.

Deffo much better on the 32 bit exe. I checked my BF4.exe (64 bit) and it is set for normal windows and not an older version. Still, I was pleased with performance and smoothness.

Good tip that cheers Setter, as I like these drivers but not for BF4 :)

Deffo much better on the 32 bit exe. I checked my BF4.exe (64 bit) and it is set for normal windows and not an older version. Still, I was pleased with performance and smoothness.

Interesting that. Its fine for AMD folk luckily, but i think thats bizarre how the 32 bit version can give better performance. When i did try the 32bit many many months ago it gave worse performance. On Mantle 32 bit is not even an option. Its 64 bit only.

I've used the 32 bit exe from day one. I'll give the 64 bit a test to see if there's any noticeable difference.

I've used the 32 bit exe from day one. I'll give the 64 bit a test to see if there's any noticeable difference.

I played Shanghai and it has always been my toughest map but flew along on the 32 bit. Wish I had thought about that earlier but quite bored of BF4 in truth. Bring on WatchDogs please.

I noticed the CPU spike too, though I see it at most maybe once every 10-20mins. I found it so much worse when all of the c states/eist was enabled, disabled all of that power saving guff did help for the most part but the spike still rears its ugly head every so often. But like Greg I'm thinking its down to 337 more then anything else.

Wish this sodding rog swift would hurry up, I'm constantly sitting at 200fps on some maps :p

What os are you guys running? Win7 64 here, but during my "research" earlier, there seems to be a concensus that win8/8.1 gives a better experience. I can get 8.1 for free but unsure about installing it after all ive read.

I noticed the CPU spike too, though I see it at most maybe once every 10-20mins. I found it so much worse when all of the c states/eist was enabled, disabled all of that power saving guff did help for the most part but the spike still rears its ugly head every so often. But like Greg I'm thinking its down to 337 more then anything else.

Wish this sodding rog swift would hurry up, I'm constantly sitting at 200fps on some maps :p

I miss the 200fps days and now only managing around 70 fps :( Stupid 4K :D

200fps on full ultra? Solid?

Back
Top Bottom