• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Soldato
I think its just how BF4 handles the CPU/Memory, I could have an OC that will run anything else for hours on end fail in BF4, especially on the memory side of things.

I did manage some results, eventually

ScreenshotWin32-0008.png

ScreenshotWin32-0009.png

ScreenshotWin32-0010.png

bf4frametimemetronew.jpg

What a pain to do under the pressures of battle, kept forgetting to close the command and thinking '**** sake i've lost control again!!!!'

Don't you think that two 780's and a 4770k is over kill for 1080p?

I ask becuase im thinking of upgrading my 670 but to be honest it is doing the job more than fine!

Soldato
OP
Don't you think that two 780's and a 4770k is over kill for 1080p?

I ask becuase im thinking of upgrading my 670 but to be honest it is doing the job more than fine!

Depends what you play and specifically with bf4 what maps you play. For 1080-60 a pair of 780's is overkill for bf4, at 1080-120 its slightly more justified as the heavy maps like shanghai can bring frames almost down to double digits in places.

I fully expect the witcher 3 (like crysis 3) to annihilate a pair of 780's at 1080 fully maxed out.

Caporegime
Dropping to x2 msaa is fine for me with 1 780, with x4 on certain maps on ultra it dips into the low 40's on occasions. Though im currently playing it all settings on low, seems to do away with cpu spiking and associated stutter. Easier to see people too.

Soldato
Jesus, massive CPU's spikes last couple of days render the game unplayable for me now :( God knows what's going on... but it's driving me insane... 120fps and yet lagging everytime I get a spike which is every 3 seconds ish judging by the graphs... ****ign hell, just wanna play a damn game!

Caporegime
im currently playing it all settings on low, seems to do away with cpu spiking and associated stutter. Easier to see people too.

Jesus, massive CPU's spikes last couple of days render the game unplayable for me now :( God knows what's going on... but it's driving me insane... 120fps and yet lagging everytime I get a spike which is every 3 seconds ish judging by the graphs... ****ign hell, just wanna play a damn game!

Game was unplayable for me yesterday as well, lag spikes. Its weird because the day before it was fine. Desperately waiting for the next patch. Its been over a month since there was a client patch. Game has been broken (ish) for me since the server patch on 28/4 R34 build was released.

Soldato
Game was unplayable for me yesterday as well, lag spikes. Its weird because the day before it was fine. Desperately waiting for the next patch. Its been over a month since there was a client patch. Game has been broken (ish) for me since the server patch on 28/4 R34 build was released.

yep agreed, mine's just not been as smooth... was never sure if it was these drivers 14.4's Dice or a combo, personally think it's a combo... not really impressed with drivers since 14.2 and dice are a bunch of muppets... still got flickering textures on some fields...

Actually shut down the majority of services and applications running incase these were affecting... to no avail... stick spikey... GPU is perfect, but every |CPU spike, wallop jerks... YET still shows high FPS!

Last edited:
Caporegime
yep agreed, mine's just not been as smooth... was never sure if it was these drivers 14.4's Dice or a combo, personally think it's a combo... not really impressed with drivers since 14.2 and dice are a bunch of muppets... still got flickering textures on some fields...

Actually shut down the majority of services and applications running incase these were affecting... to no avail... stick spikey... GPU is perfect, but every |CPU spike, wallop jerks... YET still shows high FPS!

Its not the drivers, trust me. I tried 14.3 and 14.2 and they were perfect in DX and Mantle but now they exhibit the same behaviour. Dice have screwed something and nothing will fix it until they bring out a new client or server patch.

That's how you know its not gpu related. Gpu does not cause cpu spikes. That's a game/server issue.

Caporegime
Slightly OT but had a blast on BF3 last night with some MLG gamers and had some proper good games (Me and setter got owned). I forgot how good BF3 actually is and was good to revisit it.

Soldato
Slightly OT but had a blast on BF3 last night with some MLG gamers and had some proper good games (Me and setter got owned). I forgot how good BF3 actually is and was good to revisit it.
Funnily enough was playign myself last week fella and really enjoyed it... Rush on Grand Bazzar was superb as is Conquest... and looked sensational maxed out to the hilt... ran smooth as silk as well.

Soldato
OP
Are you guys with issues using 64man servers? iirc there is still an outstanding issue (client/server side) on these. Could well be related to these CPU spikes.

Soldato
Mmmm, I'#ve sacked the 14.4's off and gone back to 14.2's and BF4 is now smooth as silk... has been for 30 minutes... I'm not convinced this is DICE on this one MATT... seriously for the first time in 2 days, I'm getting no spikes, will play more after to confirm though... understand what you say but can only go on results... since 14.4's I've had spikes on and off... will see what happens tonight.

Soldato
Believe me it aint the drivers.. i started getting the spikes last night half way through a 2-3 hour session. They messed aomething up and my spikes were every 1 second. I switched to framepacing 0 from 2 and it seemed a bit better but still there.

Edit.. Im on 14.3 Beta

Soldato
Believe me it aint the drivers.. i started getting the spikes last night half way through a 2-3 hour session. They messed aomething up and my spikes were every 1 second. I switched to framepacing 0 from 2 and it seemed a bit better but still there.

Edit.. Im on 14.3 Beta

Yep spiking again to me again now... it's weird I can play for 20 minutes nothingthen all of a sudden spiking and it turns into a mess... think I may go back to DX11 which is gonna be slower but I think stable...

Caporegime
Im on DX11 with a 780 gtx pug and have had this for quite some time now. Very frustrating as it can hamper your aim at some very bad moments. So random though as it can happen when shooting, scoping in, even turning around does it. Ive tried everything i could find online to try to fix it, even going as far as uninstalling/reinstalling the game.

Back
Top Bottom