• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Caporegime
Yep spiking again to me again now... it's weird I can play for 20 minutes nothingthen all of a sudden spiking and it turns into a mess... think I may go back to DX11 which is gonna be slower but I think stable...

Told ya. :D

Never question the ways of LT. :cool: :p

Jokes aside i think i may have an idea of what's causing it. Punkbuster/Fairfight. Reason being? In a PB/FF enable server (no matter the player size) i get this spiking under Mantle. (DX is fine)

5cc8ea608ad02bbb116fccef1fa86b41.jpg

Now that can occur every twenty seconds to once every minute. Its repeating.

Then i saw a post on Battlelog which said go onto a PB/FF disabled server and it does not happen. Tested myself and he was right. Went into a 64 man Naval strike server. There was one spike in maybe 5 minutes, but that was it.

f6d11b34a8bed41c88724edfeea1a97e.jpg

Soldato
Mmm interesting findings matey... yeah my graph shows around 3 spikes per screen like yours so mine are occurring perfectly regular around 2-3 seconds apart... driving me insane now... will try a none punkbuster one though!

Interesting us being enabled as BETA's testers, thought that's what we'd been for the last year ffs!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The downside is im running the latest PB. :(

I won't bother to do the Mantle frame variance test to compare to our DX results until its working properly.

In other news - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...munity-Test-Platform-for-Battlefield-4-Update

Have you made sure in windows services pnkbustrA and pnkbustrB have been forced enabled. I had a problem with one of them not starting up with bf4.

As if the CPU spikes are related to pb its likely pb is trying to send some commands repeatedly (perhaps trying to restart one of the above?).

Just a thought :)

Caporegime
Have you made sure in windows services pnkbustrA and pnkbustrB have been forced enabled. I had a problem with one of them not starting up with bf4.

As if the CPU spikes are related to pb its likely pb is trying to send some commands repeatedly (perhaps trying to restart one of the above?).

Just a thought :)

Interesting, i don't have a pnkbustrB service, only A.

2GCBH1m.jpg

Soldato

Interesting us being enabled as BETA's testers, thought that's what we'd been for the last year ffs!

+1

I am fuming that semi-intelligent people have been taken in by this nonsense. If DICE actually cared they'd have done this 9 months ago.

It's DICE's way of getting idiots to think they give a **** and buy the new Frostbite shooter

Soldato
Just had a blast on shanghai, first time in a month i played it and although the hit reg and general clumsiness of the game code it ran pretty sweet.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
117411, 12709 09, 59, 154, 92.383

3570k @ stock turbo of 3800mhz

780 at 1110 core and 6200 memory.

This game could have been great imo, but i only play it with friends these days to have a bit of fun.

Caporegime
Soldato
BF4 has been in beta since launch :)

But if if they listen and do what this new beta progam says it will be a good thing.
Thanks for taking the plunge LT and keep us posted

Back
Top Bottom