• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Soldato
OP
Lol well I suppose it is meant to be running new builds of the game so that explains the big download.

Be interesting to see if they fixed that frame pace bug on mantle though

Soldato
It's shocking really and I don't think the game will ever recover. How many people like me were well up for BF4 as they had a stonking time on BF3 but then got turned off as quickly as they did on?

The game was still fun and (this will sound really big headed) I was pretty good at it all things considered (aiming not vehicle whoring :p) but it didn't have that pull mainly because it was a mess.

Caporegime
Wasn't there a command had to be ran to change the frame pace setting as its default was set wrong by dice? Or did that get patched already?

Ah yes, there's three different methods. In typical Dice fashion it turns out the first (stock) method hurts fps slightly, though it does keep the frame variance ridiculously smooth. Its not been patched, as far as i know. Its still a work in progress, much like the game lol. I can't tell a difference between all three methods really if im honest. They're all ridiculously smooth. There are much bigger issues with the game though than this so i hope its not on high priority.

The game was still fun and (this will sound really big headed) I was pretty good at it all things considered (aiming not vehicle whoring :p) but it didn't have that pull mainly because it was a mess.

One trick pony Rusty. Its important in these games to have more than one string to your bow. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
One trick pony Rusty. Its important in these games to have more than one string to your bow. :p

Vehicles are mainly for noobs who can't aim :p. I get the point that BF games are about vehicles as well and large scale combat but what BF3 did so well with the map design was incorporate infantry warfare in amongst the vehicle stuff. My favourite maps in BF3 had vehicles and I did use them on occasion but it wasn't my go to thing.

BF4 it's not combined as well (although I haven't played the expansions) and there's too many vehicles.

Caporegime
Vehicles are mainly for noobs who can't aim :p. I get the point that BF games are about vehicles as well and large scale combat but what BF3 did so well with the map design was incorporate infantry warfare in amongst the vehicle stuff. My favourite maps in BF3 had vehicles and I did use them on occasion but it wasn't my go to thing.

BF4 it's not combined as well (although I haven't played the expansions) and there's too many vehicles.

You'd be surprised, plenty of skill in long range tank battles. ;)

Caporegime
And that is different from shooting a gun how? :D Tanks take 3-5 shots to kill, assuming they're not being repaired and not moving around at long range.

Who's repairing infantry then, takes me nearly a full clip to put someone down, not accounting for the dire hit reg.:o

Im gonna stick to bolt action sniper rifles, actually better with theese than assault rifles, the ol one shot one kill.:D

Caporegime
Not just point and click. Its judging the distance. Where about on the tank you need to hit. etc
Playing as a tanker requires quite a lot of skill to become effective.

Indeed. Tanking is good fun and definitely far from easy now with so many rpg's and ways for the tank to die. In BF3 tanks were OP to be fair though.

Who's repairing infantry then, takes me nearly a full clip to put someone down, not accounting for the dire hit reg.:o

Im gonna stick to bolt action sniper rifles, actually better with theese than assault rifles, the ol one shot one kill.:D

:D

If you play on Noob mode you auto heal. Same with vehicles that repair themselves mid combat. :cool: :p

EDIT

I've started playing Noob mode recently, its just easier especially with all the problems BF4 has at the moment.

Soldato
And that is different from shooting a gun how? :D Tanks take 3-5 shots to kill, assuming they're not being repaired and not moving around at long range.

Tracking my friend. :)

Not just point and click. Its judging the distance. Where about on the tank you need to hit. etc
Playing as a tanker requires quite a lot of skill to become effective.

That's still point click boom.

You won't convince me - I'm from the old school of FPS so to me skill is all about aim and movement. Vehicles are so easy to get kills in on a public server that I don't view it as skilled. It's a different type of play style - one which I don't have any respect for personally.

But that's BF so if somebody is good in a vehicle then good for them :).

Caporegime
Tracking my friend. :)

That's still point click boom.

You won't convince me - I'm from the old school of FPS so to me skill is all about aim and movement. Vehicles are so easy to get kills in on a public server that I don't view it as skilled. It's a different type of play style - one which I don't have any respect for personally.

But that's BF so if somebody is good in a vehicle then good for them :).

Tracking, exactly what you do in competitive Tank Combat Rusty. I'm surprised you're so out of touch but i guess you're just stuck in your ways. We can all be like that over certain things.

Soldato
Tracking, exactly what you do in competitive Tank Combat Rusty. I'm surprised you're so out of touch but i guess you're just stuck in your ways. We can all be like that over certain things.

lol that isn't tracking. :D

It's not out of touch - I just don't view vehicle play as skilled. The dinosaurs of the FPS world probably think the same thing. But as I say, this is Battlefield. It's not like I was playing expecting no vehicles :p.

Soldato
You have to track moving targets and shoot them multiple times. In my book that's tracking. :)

Tracking is following your target whilst firing. At a high level it's easy enough but to put somebody down in a short time you have to track their head / upper torso. So in a firefight somebody who is good at tracking and aiming would quite comfortably be able to put 3 people down by tracking their moving targets and then switching from target to target. If your tracking isn't up to scratch you'll waste bullets by not hitting the kill zone and then be killed while reloading.

With a tank vs tank you're firing shells so there's no tracking.

Caporegime
Tracking is following your target whilst firing. At a high level it's easy enough but to put somebody down in a short time you have to track their head / upper torso. So in a firefight somebody who is good at tracking and aiming would quite comfortably be able to put 3 people down by tracking their moving targets and then switching from target to target. If your tracking isn't up to scratch you'll waste bullets by not hitting the kill zone and then be killed while reloading.

With a tank vs tank you're firing shells so there's no tracking.

You've never participated in competitive long range tank combat on Battlefield 4 then Rusty. Its remarkably similar on tank heavy maps (Silk Road for example) with limited shells to damage your opponent. Using cover, advancing slowly and making every shot count is the key to success and accurate tracking is key.

Soldato
You've never participated in competitive long range tank combat on Battlefield 4 then Rusty. Its remarkably similar on tank heavy maps (Silk Road for example) with limited shells to damage your opponent. Using cover, advancing slowly and making every shot count is the key to success and accurate tracking is key.

But as I say, Matt, that isn't tracking. :p

Also competitive BF4 - lol

Back
Top Bottom