• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Soldato
I got spike also.

Matt I managed to capture the erratic GPU line thing at 200fps I'll stick a screeny up shortly.

Edit:

200fpps.jpg

Has no effect on performance however.

Why are you playing at 200fps? Limit it to 100-120 as you won't see the difference

IMHO anyway

Soldato
I cant understand why anybody would want to run BF4 or any game above the monitors refresh rate. Each to their own i guess.

Anyways i tried CTE last night and it seems to run worse than the official game or maybe it just runs the same. CTE battlelog on the other hand is a pile of crap. It takes ages to load up or it just wont load up at all which surely is something that should be working just as good as the official games battlelog.

And as for the stock weapons we have to start with.. are Dice really stupid to think that i want to go through all the upgrades and ranking up again while i test their new crap out? Jeez man.. they need to give all the unlocks out so that the full effect of ALL the weapons etc can test whatever needs to be tested.

Tbh i think Dice are taking the **** here and everybody needs to refuse to jump on this crap. They would have been better creating some test servers on the main game and not including stats to be registered while on those servers while testing is being done.

Im ready to uninstall CTE. Total waste of 15GB's of bandwidth even tho it only took 20 minutes to download :rolleyes:

Soldato
I play most games with fps above refresh rate. Csgo I run 300fps
On this game the frame rate is linked to the net code, so if you limit your fps to say 60 and play on a 128 tick server you already at a massive disadvantage.

This post here explains it better than I can.
http://www.netcodeguides.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9412&p=87127#post87127

I just think games play and feel better when they is no limit.

Soldato
I cant understand why anybody would want to run BF4 or any game above the monitors refresh rate. Each to their own i guess.

I tried vsync on in Quake live and its (60fps) is terrible. I usually get ~130fps which is nice and fast for quick FPS play. I would probably benefit from a new 120hz monitor but love my Hazro 27" (WC model i think)

Caporegime
Just had a blast on Caspian border and smooth as silk. What the hell gives with this game that it can differ so much? No CPU spikes at all in a big round.

Yep just tried CTE myself and its definitely much better. According to the forum they patched the game today (CTE only not the main game) so this probably explains it.

Soldato
OP
Will have another blast tonight, was a bit rough last night. You running sli Greg?

Re high frames, its just the natural thing for me to do (unlimited frame rate) in fps games due to the reason shankly mentioned. Remove excess input lag is another. Play some twitch shooters, every frame counts :D

Man of Honour
I find capping at 125fps (dunno if its just I've become so used to it from playing Q3 for years at it) gives the best results for me - some game engines get micro-stutter when rendering over ~200fps anyhow. 120Hz vsync is ok for single player games but I can still feel just that little less than desireable extra input lag at 120Hz w/ vsync on and theres absolutely no way I'd play an FPS online at 60Hz w/ vsync.

As a nice side effect 125fps capped on a 120Hz panel with vsync off results in minimal perception of tearing.

Back
Top Bottom