• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Caporegime
I find I am that crap, it doesn't matter what input lag is doing but in truth, I notice it but not as much on this Sammy as I did on the Dell. Maybe the response time makes a difference?

Soldato
Well if i didnt know wot input lag was before then i know wot it is now..

I had gametime.maxvariablefps 120 set with vsync off and it was running fine tho with my single 7950 not having enough grunt for higher frames i had a couple of stutter moments (this dont happen using gametime.maxvariablefps 60 + vsync on) but with gametime.maxvariablefps 120 and vsync on i noticed some crazy input lag like i've never seen before.

Of course i know i have 60hz monitors but i wud have thought that vsync wud cancel out the gametime.maxvariablefps 120 part. Maybe its just how BF4 is and part of its borked up mess :)

So..

gametime.maxvariablefps 120 + vsync off = no input lag
gametime.maxvariablefps 120 + vsync on = input lag
gametime.maxvariablefps 60 + vsync off = no input lag
gametime.maxvariablefps 60 + vsync on = no input lag + my CPU line in drawgraph is mostly straight lined with the odd small spike in intense moments.

All under Mantle with no tearing. (although i have to add that when im streaming i have to disable aero and then i see tearing)

Btw my monitors are 2ms response time if that makes any difference to any of this.

Caporegime
Well if i didnt know wot input lag was before then i know wot it is now..

I had gametime.maxvariablefps 120 set with vsync off and it was running fine tho with my single 7950 not having enough grunt for higher frames i had a couple of stutter moments (this dont happen using gametime.maxvariablefps 60 + vsync on) but with gametime.maxvariablefps 120 and vsync on i noticed some crazy input lag like i've never seen before.

Of course i know i have 60hz monitors but i wud have thought that vsync wud cancel out the gametime.maxvariablefps 120 part. Maybe its just how BF4 is and part of its borked up mess :)

So..

gametime.maxvariablefps 120 + vsync off = no input lag
gametime.maxvariablefps 120 + vsync on = input lag
gametime.maxvariablefps 60 + vsync off = no input lag
gametime.maxvariablefps 60 + vsync on = no input lag + my CPU line in drawgraph is mostly straight lined with the odd small spike in intense moments.

All under Mantle with no tearing. (although i have to add that when im streaming i have to disable aero and then i see tearing)

Btw my monitors are 2ms response time if that makes any difference to any of this.

Interesting. I don't use any fps commands, i just turn vsync on and off and under Mantle they feel the same. So unless im benching, i guess i can use vsync from hereon in in bf4.

Soldato
Capping the fps at 120 then enabling vsync shouldn't be any different to capping it at 60. Sounds like the game is just knackered :p

Exactly my thoughts. but then wot isnt broken in BF4? lol

When im streaming BF4 under Mantle i have to use gametime.maxvariablefps 60 as i have to run it in borderless mode to capture with OBS and i dont think vsync works in borderless mode. With aero enabled while streaming it lags so turning off aero gets rid of the lag. Not sure if vsync works with aero disabled? Anyone?

Caporegime
CTE would be great if there wasnt so many high pingers on. Round just now on a dutch server, nowt but yanks. Crickey youd think another world war had started in europe, over payed, over pinged and over here.:D

Soldato
OP
Almost like a completely different game tonight on the CTE. Hit regs are better (still not perfect but better then any previous) and overall the game just runs soooo smooth its crazy. Frame times in SLI are down to around 6ms, held a steady 170-200fps in both golmud and flood.

Caporegime
Yep, like as i mentioned in game. Runs smooth, but reg isnt perfect yet. Dropped off after golmund though as my ping was hopping about like crazy, anything from 50-500 followed by banding etc. But thats bt for you.

Soldato
OP
Damn, pings been quite good for me lately, hovers around 30ms on the majority of European servers.

The hit regs have changed enough for me to have to get a better aim, firing in their general direction no longer registers, HAS to hit them rather then near them.

Why couldn't they have just ran a CTE through alpha and beta testing? Still can't get my head around beta testing a game thats been out for retail release for 8 months.

Caporegime
Damn, pings been quite good for me lately, hovers around 30ms on the majority of European servers.

The hit regs have changed enough for me to have to get a better aim, firing in their general direction no longer registers, HAS to hit them rather then near them.

Why couldn't they have just ran a CTE through alpha and beta testing? Still can't get my head around beta testing a game thats been out for retail release for 8 months.
Ive got a theory about an early beta and now this CTE, that would have been too simple mate. Dice seem to have a knack for doing things in the most akward way possible.

Ping wise mine is 60ms ave on euro/uk servers.

Back
Top Bottom