• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Soldato
Everything at max.

motion Blur off.
V- sync off
Fov 90

I've been noticing the lag between servers. More so 64 'red triangle here I am' servers. Horrid.

HC is by far the best. Guess with all those extra bullets flying around required to kill then more processing required on 'I dont see too well' servers.;)

We have a guy in our platoon who is bullet proof. He's not hacking but he is consistently harder to kill than most. Unbelievably so sometimes walking away with 100% health when he was close and coming towards, you couldn't miss and could see the crosshairs on him. Whilst you can take it if it happened every so ofetn, this guy is consistently harder to hit than others. There's a few about lik ethat. His pings are average too.

Last edited:
Soldato
MANTLE
5760x1080
V-Sync Off
Ultra
2xMSAA (due to only 3GB cards)
HBAO
Post AA OFF
FoV 60
Motion Blur Off

Has there been an update, I popped on last night and was getting ZERO CPU spiking for the first time under Mantle in weeks? Infact it was running like a dream for the 20 minutes I was on....

Last edited:
Soldato
MANTLE
5760x1080
V-Sync Off
Ultra
2xMSAA (due to only 3GB cards)
HBAO
Post AA OFF
FoV 60
Motion Blur Off

Has there been an update, I popped on last night and was getting ZERO CPU spiking for the first time under Mantle in weeks? Infact it was running like a dream for the 20 minutes I was on....

At that res, does the game feel sluggish for you?

What monitors are you running?

Caporegime
Ultra and 2xMSAA. No blur. Gives me about 110-140 FPS most the time (1080 single 780 overclocked).
Not bad figures there, run my card in sig at stock as it aint much of a clocker. Average around 80-90 map dependent. Ultra, x4 msaa, high post, blur off at 1920x1200. Usually drop msaa to x2 though. Think i did play a few rounds with an oc of +100/+300 one night when a bit drunk, cant remember if it crashed at that clock or 110 on the core. Dont oc when drunk.:D

Soldato
OP
I think we should have a consistent BF4 Benchmark method.

Agree / Disagree?

While I agree, I think everyone else (my self included) have found that the amount of variables make it near impossible to get anything close to consistent.

Play a round running fraps and perfoverlay.fileframeenable 1 and batch collective results with fraps averages, bf4 frame time analyser for minimums and fla calc for frame times. I say all 3 as collectively they are excellent in showing certain things. Obviously it helps to state clock speeds, server size and density too as frame rates change drastically from map to map, shanghai may only give averages of 140 while locker may give 200 etc...

Its more performance gauging then anything else :)

Caporegime
Does oc'ing the gpu, even a modest 1189mhz core, (stock boost is 1097) help much in this? I know in bf3 it did with my 670, but it was a much better clocking card, 1320/7566 game and bench stable.

Soldato
I think we should have a consistent BF4 Benchmark method.

Agree / Disagree?

Too difficult for MP game. The only way would be to join an empty server and run to specific locations, similar to how a benchmark would happen. We could include exploding certain barrels or triggering levolution. But it would require a lot of work by someone to make an example video and then for people to follow it. It won't be 100%

Soldato
I've got the custom bios so force voltage to 1187 mV (and to stay there). I think that's in line with what the stock voltage is.

I can put it up to 1212 mV but no need for 1240 MHz ish. I need the full 1212 mV for anything above that though.

Caporegime
I did manage some results, eventually

bf4frametimemetronew.jpg

290P Crossfire DX11.1 14.4 WHQL

yEG9oEN.jpg

Mantle results next.

As promised some Mantle results. They come with a disclaimer though, repeating cpu lag spikes throughout the round. When Dice fix the game i will run it again and get better results. Even with the cpu lag spikes (which weren't present in my DX run) id still prefer to play on Mantle i think.

290P crossfire Mantle 14.4 WHQL

ifrlzEf.jpg

Caporegime
CTE just now on max settings, lots of rubber banding/lag. Gpu oc'd at 1189/1654.

Lancang dam 64 player cq large.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
59994, 600000, 62, 166, 99.990

From checking through past bench runs, this is only the second i could find with mins above 60. And iirc the other one was ran on lower settings.

Caporegime
CTE just now on max settings, lots of rubber banding/lag. Gpu oc'd at 1189/1654.

Lancang dam 64 player cq large.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
59994, 600000, 62, 166, 99.990

From checking through past bench runs, this is only the second i could find with mins above 60. And iirc the other one was ran on lower settings.

Setts benchmark the way me and monsieur pg tips do it. FLA Calculator. Download link below.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a1mive

Load up bf4. Type this into the console perfoverlay.framefilelogenable 1 to start benchmarking. 0 to stop. Results are placed in the my docs bf4 folder. Use FLA calculator to display the results. Much better than using fcraps.

Back
Top Bottom