• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Caporegime
Cheers. Results from another game eariler on Golf of Oman.

qozJm7P.jpg

Nice results.

Can you post the proper frame variance graphs like in my screenshot below for comparison? Those ones you posted don't really show the level of variance.

Another taken from a Metro CQ Large server. Still got the cpu spikes which you can see on the variance graph.

XG95waN.jpg

Soldato
OP
They don't show such variance as the final frame was something like 600ms, in turn its shrunk the chart. It happened to me the other night, little lad managed to turn my PC off while I was playing BF4 and running the perfoverlay.framefilelogenable thing, at the cut off point the recording showed a huge spike.

So make sure to manually disable it at the end or towards the end of every round :)

Caporegime
They don't show such variance as the final frame was something like 600ms, in turn its shrunk the chart. It happened to me the other night, little lad managed to turn my PC off while I was playing BF4 and running the perfoverlay.framefilelogenable thing, at the cut off point the recording showed a huge spike.

So make sure to manually disable it at the end or towards the end of every round :)

Ah that makes sense. I was trying to figure out why it was displaying like that as ive never seen it do that. I remember to stop benchmarking the second the round ends.

Soldato
little lad managed to turn my PC off while I was playing BF4

And so it begins...

2a5iw7q.png

:p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You better believe it, if it isn't the flashing button on the front its the dangling cables from my mouse and headphones :p

Just got banned from a server for 2 days, for swearing :(

I don't get it, its an R18 game, that involves killing people. Yet worried about swearing?

Caporegime
PG Tips called someone a ladies front bottom lol. Here's my round with PG Tips (i played on like 'an hero' after he got kicked) 32 man CQ Large Metro 1080P Ultra Preset.

uYX37in.jpg.png

Soldato
OP
Today has been fantastic, 2 crashes (hard locks) of BF4.exe resulting in a white screen with audio repeat on. Also this little gem has reared its ugly head again:

shheeeeiiiittttte.jpg

Mr Floaty gun and his refusal to change weapons. Worth noting shortly after this screen shot my chap randomly exploded and caused a TK (i'm not even joking!!).

Soldato
I may have to steal that fan profile from you once my cards arrive on Tuesday. Though is there any problem letting them run up to 94C?
It would be kinda scary for me, but if they work then they work. Right? :p

I'll probably give BF4 another bash when I get them. Not played it in a couple months really.

Last edited:
Soldato
Today has been fantastic, 2 crashes (hard locks) of BF4.exe resulting in a white screen with audio repeat on. Also this little gem has reared its ugly head again:

Mr Floaty gun and his refusal to change weapons. Worth noting shortly after this screen shot my chap randomly exploded and caused a TK (i'm not even joking!!).

First time I've seen that one :o
The game seems to get better every day.

Caporegime

shheeeeiiiittttte.jpg

Lol. Fear not PG Tips when i joined you the first few times a couple of weeks ago i crashed several times. :o

I've never had the floaty gun thing though, cool. :D

I may have to steal that fan profile from you once my cards arrive on Tuesday. Though is there any problem letting them run up to 94C?
It would be kinda scary for me, but if they work then they work. Right? :p

I have a Carbide 540, so this definitely helps. This fan profile is no wonder profile, so don't get your hopes up. Its quite slack and lazy for a couple of reference cards in crossfire. I feed the cards cold air from 3x120MM Gentle Typhoons though, which helps a lot. The best fans in the world. I've also changed the thermal paste, using Gelid GC Extreme on both cards. Every little helps, so id recommend doing this if i was you Put a bit more paste on than you would for a cpu. :)

Its fine to run them at 94c. I used to do it in the Winter because i could have the fan quiet. Its all about finding the right balance. The lower you have the fan, the more they will throttle. So its finding the best setting which allows some throttling, but nothing too extreme, but also balance the fan speed for noise. Sometimes i change the throttle temp to 85C, and run a quiet fan profile. Personally i try to keep them below 90C, but running at 94 is fine if you want to, so don't worry about it. You'll need to see what works best for you.

Soldato
I have a Silverstone SST-AP182 and a Noctua NF-P14 blowing where the cards will be, so I hope that should be enough. I'll have to check for warranty stickers before I go changing any paste, though I think MSI are usually okay with it.

Caporegime
I have a Silverstone SST-AP182 and a Noctua NF-P14 blowing where the cards will be, so I hope that should be enough. I'll have to check for warranty stickers before I go changing any paste, though I think MSI are usually okay with it.

Fair point. I believe those cards do have stickers on, so best check first. If they don't have stickers on they'll never know. Just feed the cards as much cold air as you can through front and side intakes. I have two slot spacing between mine as well so that helps. The main key to keeping temps down ive found though is undervolting. I can run 975/1250 stock @ -0.037v and can go as high as 1050/1250 @ -0.037v stable on both cards. Plus -0.100v AUX voltage. This really helps on reference cards so id recommend trying to figure out how low you can go asap whilst maintaining stock or with a little overclock like mine. If you don't mind running a louder fan profile, over 65% then you can push things further. I think you will find that intolerable though.

Back
Top Bottom