• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Soldato
I bought the premium from elsewhere too so it'd be a ballache to get 2 refunds.. oh well.

----

In other news (thought i'd post this here)

EA To Shut Down Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2142 Online Services on June 30

On June 30, Electronic Arts will be shutting down online services for a number of video game titles that the publisher deems unfit for continued support.

This includes classic, fan-favorite Battlefield titles like Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, and Battlefield Vietnam, as well as entries in other franchises like Crysis, Command & Conquer, Medal of Honor, and more.

The company wrote this statement on their official website:

“The decisions to retire older EA games are never easy. The development teams and operational staff pour their hearts into these games almost as much as the customers playing them and it is hard to see one retired. But as games get replaced with newer titles, the number of players still enjoying the older games dwindles to a level — typically fewer than 1% of all peak online players across all EA titles — where it’s no longer feasible to continue the behind-the-scenes work involved with keeping these games up and running. We would rather our hard-working engineering and IT staff focus on keeping a positive experience for the other 99% of customers playing our more popular games. We hope you have gotten many hours of enjoyment out of the games and we appreciate your ongoing patronage.”

http://mp1st.com/2014/05/11/ea-shut...-30/?utm_content=related_sidebar#.U3j8Ifl30Rs

BFBC2 not on the list? I might reinstall that game :)

Soldato
I killed BFBC2, so i no longer enjoy playing it.
Don't have the time to relearn how to be good at it again ;)

I think i've killed the FPS genre in general to be fair, used to be 100+ hours on most games, for perspective the 3 latest have this little playtime (would do more than these combined in a day normally)

CoD:Ghost - 7minutes
Titanfall - 2 hours
BF4 - 8 hours

Caporegime
1440P Ultra Preset +x4 MSAA - Mantle API
140% Resolution Scaling
3584x2016 - A ball hair from 4K
2700k@5Ghz
Featuring PG Tips

This was a lovely game experience. That one big spike was caused when i accidentally pressed the in game battlelog screen (which pauses the game and brings up battlelog) which caused a huge spike. Terribly frustrating as it ruined the perfect results. 290's are at their best the higher the resolution imo.

ScreenshotWin32-0001.png

4QsWcCW.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
^^^Use dropbox. 50Gb free cloud storage that is managed from your desktop/phone/whatever.

I was getting some mahoosive CPU spikes with res scaling up towards 1440p.

Oh G36C is the new 'weapon of choice' for those that want to use it.

Caporegime
If you start with drop box, right click file (in public folder)>copy public link and slap in between some IMG tags :)

I should probably say that the screenshot i posted was from the game before we played together. I know taking a screenshot ruins the bench result so didn't want to risk it during our game. I wouldn't be able to sleep if i didn't get this minor indiscretion off of my chest.

Soldato
OP
Haha don't worry about it :p

Just remember not to 'swear' next time, saying damn is damn well disgusting :D

Dropbox sounds good, i usually use imgur. But the pic ends up looking worse than the original image.

No image size restraints with DB, fully integrated with windows too.

Back
Top Bottom