• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Associate
You're probably exceeding the vram limit in that case, try lowering the settings a tad. Maybe put AA down to x2 or x0.

The Vram issue still not been sorted then? This was just on a test server not even a 64 man server. No way am i dropping the MSAA to 0 or 2 when i can max it out under D3D with 120 fps.

Soldato
OP
I swear to ******* god I'm going to take this ****** BT router and beat it to death with this ****** Gigabyte motherboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Edit: working again now, Ethernet port was saying no connection yet letting me view certain sites, reboot of everything seems to have cleared it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is mantle even fully supported on the 700 series yet? Thought it was 200 series only.

So annoyed with the shoot first but die first in every engagement in this. Even shooting someone in the back results in them turning and killing you. Sync in this is woeful.

Soldato
I dont get it.. playing BF4 for about 4-5 rounds and then i get this crap..

Spiking every freaking 1 second causing my game to stutter. Dice are really beginning to **** me off with their BS game that should be fixed 8 months after release. I really wont be buying any crap from them again.

Even exiting the game and reloading dont fix it.

s47H1oF.jpg

Anyone else running BF4 under mantle with a 7970?

Im on a 7950 @ 1100/1600 so i guess u can call it a 7970 overclock :) Why wots the problem?

Btw my 'video' settings in-game are as follows from top to bottom..

Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Ultra
Ultra
Medium
Medium
4xMSAA
Post AA - Off

Max VRAM = around 2.2GB

This gives me a smooth experience when im not CPU spiking and the reason i have both terrain on medium is cuz medium is actually Low setting but gives me slight advantage with the least grass etc :p

Associate
I dont get it.. playing BF4 for about 4-5 rounds and then i get this crap..

Spiking every freaking 1 second causing my game to stutter. Dice are really beginning to **** me off with their BS game that should be fixed 8 months after release. I really wont be buying any crap from them again.

Even exiting the game and reloading dont fix it.

s47H1oF.jpg

Im on a 7950 @ 1100/1600 so i guess u can call it a 7970 overclock :) Why wots the problem?

Btw my 'video' settings in-game are as follows from top to bottom..

Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Ultra
Ultra
Medium
Medium
4xMSAA
Post AA - Off

Max VRAM = around 2.2GB

This gives me a smooth experience when im not CPU spiking and the reason i have both terrain on medium is cuz medium is actually Low setting but gives me slight advantage with the least grass etc :p

I play on full ultra with 4 x MSAA, under D3D i get 120fps average of nice smooth game play. Under mantle i get 70FPS of pure stutter.

Soldato
I play on full ultra with 4 x MSAA, under D3D i get 120fps average of nice smooth game play. Under mantle i get 70FPS of pure stutter.

Ur maxing ur VRAM under Mantle mate.. Turn down the top 2 texture settings to High or Medium and u should be fine unless the framepacing method needs setting up in a config file which Mr LtMatt can help u out with ;)

I run these in the user.cfg file

perfoverlay.drawfps 1
PerfOverlay.DrawGraph 1
Render.DrawScreenInfo 1
gametime.maxvariablefps 60
RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 2 < (not sure which number to u need to put here for xfire)

Btw my CPU spiking.. a reboot of my computer fixed it :confused:

Soldato
What benefit is mantle going to give me though? If I can already get 120fps under D3D?

Lowering the setting in Mantle to get better FPS? I can do that in D3D too.

When Mantle is running properly it's smoother than DX according to the users. So you may have 120fps in DX but 120fps in mantle should feel smoother.

Soldato
You never really know though do you as mantle cannot be used on nvidia cards, Maybe dx is not as smooth on amd cards as on nvidia cards in dx and mantle helps smooth it out for amd users.

Pure guess work but until we see mantle on nvidia cards i will say my dx performance using nvidia is smooth.

Caporegime
You never really know though do you as mantle cannot be used on nvidia cards, Maybe dx is not as smooth on amd cards as on nvidia cards in dx and mantle helps smooth it out for amd users.

Pure guess work but until we see mantle on nvidia cards i will say my dx performance using nvidia is smooth.

That's a myth, me and PG Tips already compared DX performance on SLI vs Xfire. Its similar. Mantle is in a league of its own. Our systems are similar (ish) only difference is he's water cooled and im on air.

Have a look at our results.

I did manage some results, eventually

bf4frametimemetronew.jpg

System Specs
2700k@5ghz
16GB DDR3 2133Mhz
290P Crossfire @1000/1250 (stock 975/1250)
Win8.1 64BIT
14.4 WHQL
Ultra Preset +x4 AA

1080P DX11.1 - 290P @975/1250 In This Run

yEG9oEN.jpg

1080P Mantle API

ifrlzEf.jpg

1440P Mantle API
JbLQrma.jpg

1440P Ultra Preset +x4 MSAA - Mantle API
140% Resolution Scaling = 3584x2016

ScreenshotWin32-0001.png

4QsWcCW.jpg

1440P Ultra Preset +x2 MSAA - Mantle API
150% Resolution Scaling = 3840x2160

Sorry for the rather lacklustre screenshot. Was pinned in base after i finished benching and this was the best i could get whilst under fire.

ScreenshotWin32-0001%201.png

ZTij1JK.jpg

Next up, x4MSAA @4K.

1440P Ultra Preset +x4 MSAA - Mantle API
150% Resolution Scaling = 3840x2160

1.png

q4ehBHD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom