• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Is it just me or is Battlelog broken.. i cant log into it. Page isnt loading.

Sums up the whole broken BF4 thing :rolleyes:

I hate to say this, because ive had no end of problems recently with this game. However for the past week, BF4 has been working very well for me. Mantle is the best its ever been for me. Long may it continue. (probably just jinxed myself)

EDIT

Well, the past few days its been great. Maybe a week is an over exaggeration.

Last edited:
I hate to say this, because ive had no end of problems recently with this game. However for the past week, BF4 has been working very well for me. Mantle is the best its ever been for me. Long may it continue. (probably just jinxed myself)

That didnt answer my question tho.

Anyway EA have given me a new error message..

*Problem contacting EA Login, please try again in a while*

Like i said in game the other day.. EA cudnt organize a **** up in a brewery :rolleyes:

Edit..

So its working now.. but feels like i'm on dial up for how long it takes to load.

Last edited:
That didnt answer my question tho.

Anyway EA have given me a new error message..

*Problem contacting EA Login, please try again in a while*

Like i said in game the other day.. EA cudnt organize a **** up in a brewery :rolleyes:

Yeah sorry mate.

I just tried to login and access battlelog and had no problems.

Shut down origin. Clear browser cookies. Restart pc. Try again.

Yeah sorry mate.

I just tried to login and access battlelog and had no problems.

Shut down origin. Clear browser cookies. Restart pc. Try again.

I did all of those things 20 minutes ago but like i said in my edited post above, its working.. but very slow now.

Seems lots of users cant log in today, usually a sign of an update coming soon. Patches, dlc, even a simple bl plugin causes issues.

Yup.. time for Dice to break something else.

Last edited:
Just tried Mantle again under the 14.4 drivers for the first time since the initial mantle launch after getting fed up with the CPU spiking.

However my mantle performance is terrible, under D3D I average 120fps and under mantle i struggle to hold 70. I remember reading some mantle settings that can be altered to do with frame pacing which if left on the default settings has a huge FPS hit, could anyone advise.

Cheers

Just tried Mantle again under the 14.4 drivers for the first time since the initial mantle launch after getting fed up with the CPU spiking.

However my mantle performance is terrible, under D3D I average 120fps and under mantle i struggle to hold 70. I remember reading some mantle settings that can be altered to do with frame pacing which if left on the default settings has a huge FPS hit, could anyone advise.

Cheers

You're probably exceeding the vram limit in that case, try lowering the settings a tad. Maybe put AA down to x2 or x0.

His sig says 7970 does mantle use more then 3gb?

Vram usage has come down a lot for me in Mantle now. It only uses slightly more than DX, im on a 290 though so it may be different. He can try changing the Dice frame pacing method or lowering settings. Those are the only things i can think of, for now.

To change frame pacing method put this into the console

RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 0

LtMatt said:
System Specs
2700k@5ghz
16GB DDR3 2133Mhz
290P Crossfire @1000/1250 (stock 975/1250)
Win8.1 64BIT
14.4 WHQL
Ultra Preset +x4 AA

1080P DX11.1 - 290P @975/1250 In This Run

yEG9oEN.jpg

1080P Mantle API

ifrlzEf.jpg

1440P Mantle API
JbLQrma.jpg

1440P Ultra Preset +x4 MSAA - Mantle API
140% Resolution Scaling = 3584x2016

ScreenshotWin32-0001.png

4QsWcCW.jpg

1440P Ultra Preset +x2 MSAA - Mantle API
150% Resolution Scaling = 3840x2160

Sorry for the rather lacklustre screenshot. Was pinned in base after i finished benching and this was the best i could get whilst under fire.

ScreenshotWin32-0001%201.png

ZTij1JK.jpg

Next up, x4MSAA @4K.

1.png

q4ehBHD.jpg

Last edited:
The resolution scaling doesn't really equate to true 4k performance I don't think, I had varying results from doing this and setting downsampling via the NV control panel. Your average frame times appear to be fairly high compared to mine. Could that be down to the CPU?

The resolution scaling doesn't really equate to true 4k performance I don't think, I had varying results from doing this and setting downsampling via the NV control panel. Your average frame times appear to be fairly high compared to mine. Could that be down to the CPU?

I don't know about that. It certainly makes the gpu's work a hell of a lot harder but i don't know if its as demanding as true 4K. I possibly would've thought it might be similar as it has to render it then down scale it, seems like more work. I could be totally wrong about that though, just a guess on my part.

I doubt its cpu related at these settings, very much gpu limited at this resolution i think. Anyway you have a better cpu than me. Perhaps the difference is Mantle? I could run a DX11.1 bench to compare i suppose.

I don't know about that. It certainly makes the gpu's work a hell of a lot harder but i don't know if its as demanding as true 4K. I possibly would've thought it might be similar as it has to render it then down scale it, seems like more work. I could be totally wrong about that though, just a guess on my part.

I doubt its cpu related at these settings, very much gpu limited at this resolution i think. Anyway you have a better cpu than me. Perhaps the difference is Mantle? I could run a DX11.1 bench to compare i suppose.

When I have used res scaling I think it worked about right with the predicted number of fps allowing for changes in resolution. I found going from 1600p to 4K to 5120x3200 all scale about right. 1080p on the other hand is a total waste of time as it is one big bottleneck.

Using Mantle FramePacingMethod 2 this time, instead of 1. Will try with it disabled next. Definitely get a few extra fps with it off.

ScreenshotWin32-0002.png

uNkwZl3.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom