• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Caporegime
Recorded 15 minutes of footage at 1440P, ultra settings, 150% resolution scaling, (3840x2160) -4k) x2 AA, borderless window mode. Holy performance hit!! Will post when its converted and uploaded to to the tube. Vram usage was around 3.4gb.

Caporegime
Vram usage for 4k under mantle is good matt, wasn't it around 3.9gb before hand? I know 4k dx is circa 3.1-2gb so not much of a hit at all

Yeah its coming down with each Dice patch for sure. I just wish that it was possible to record Mantle footage in full screen mode as at these settings you could do with the extra fps full screen mode offers over windowed.

Caporegime
I'm pretty sure resolution scaling must use more vram than using the actual resolution itself because of all the extra work the gpu's have to do rendering it then downsampling it. Must require extra vram to score all those textures.

Suspended
I'm pretty sure resolution scaling must use more vram than using the actual resolution itself because of all the extra work the gpu's have to do rendering it then downsampling it. Must require extra vram to score all those textures.

Interesting, never though of its need to down-sample once rendered in 4K.

I wonder is that also has a hit on performance vs 4K without the need to down-sample.

Soldato
@Matt have u ever tried Borderless Mode while recording? I do it this way all the time but i have to disable Aero to get it running without stutter. Its a mess with Aero enabled.

This was recorded before todays patch.. Ran at all Medium settings with 4xMSAA but remember im only on a single 7950 :)

Gona try Ultra now and see if theres any VRAM improvements.

Caporegime
@Matt have u ever tried Borderless Mode while recording? I do it this way all the time but i have to disable Aero to get it running without stutter. Its a mess with Aero enabled.

This was recorded before todays patch.. Ran at all Medium settings with 4xMSAA but remember im only on a single 7950 :)

Gona try Ultra now and see if theres any VRAM improvements.

Yes that's exactly how i recorded all this Mantle footage using Mirillis Action. There's a bit of a performance penalty from running crossfire under Mantle in windowed mode, but you still get good performance.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyHud-FyFvRaSSys3t9nMKjFAULV-DJ3K

I'm uploading some Mantle footage as we speak, recorded today on the new patch. Will be ready in an hour or so and will post it here. :)

Recorded 15 minutes of footage at 1440P, ultra settings, 150% resolution scaling, (3840x2160) -4k) x2 AA, borderless window mode. Holy performance hit!! Will post when its converted and uploaded to to the tube. Vram usage was around 3.4gb.

Soldato
Does Mirillis Action take advantage of Intel Quicksync? I use OBS and that uses it so it takes a huge strain off the CPU.

Btw i ran BF4 with my 2700K underclocked to 2.5GHz last night and saw no difference in performance from 4.5GHz. How bloody awesome is that :D

Caporegime
Does Mirillis Action take advantage of Intel Quicksync? I use OBS and that uses it so it takes a huge strain off the CPU.

Btw i ran BF4 with my 2700K underclocked to 2.5GHz last night and saw no difference in performance from 4.5GHz. How bloody awesome is that :D

Yep, i think Mirillis is the best out of all of them. It also uses the AMD APP (MP4 1080P) for recording and exporting (though i use Intel quick sync for exporting as its much quicker at converting than AMD APP) It can also record via lossless quality AVI, but the file sizes are very big.

I8QpEQT.jpg.png

CcfzZzY.jpg

Nvidia users on the Mirillis forum reckon this is better than the excellent ShadowPlay. Of course though, ShadowPlay is free and this costs £18.

Soldato
Maxed out Ultra & 4xMSAA @ 1080p.

Just had a round on Shanghai and VRAM didnt go over 2GB..

Next round on Wave Breaker and VRAM eventually shot up to 2993MB.

Was still playable and smooth with an odd spike but i think i'll be able to do..

high
high
high
high
ultra
ultra
ultra
ultra
4xMSAA
post AA off

without a problem now.

Good patch btw seems like they put some CTE loving in there :)

Ps.. I wish Mantle would clear the damn VRAM between rounds like DirectX does :mad:

Caporegime
Maxed out Ultra & 4xMSAA @ 1080p.

Just had a round on Shanghai and VRAM didnt go over 2GB..

Next round on Wave Breaker and VRAM eventually shot up to 2993MB.

Was still playable and smooth with an odd spike but i think i'll be able to do..

high
high
high
high
ultra
ultra
ultra
ultra
4xMSAA
post AA off

without a problem now.

Good patch btw seems like they put some CTE loving in there :)

Ps.. I wish Mantle would clear the damn VRAM between rounds like DirectX does :mad:

Nice. :)

20 minutes and my video will be ready. :cool:

Soldato
What card/s mate?
7970's @1200/1600.

Try dx and 150% on an empty server.

Just did, and with 4xAA it only goes to around 2.5GB vs 2.995GB @120% with Mantle.
150% with mantle went to around 3.3GB IIRC and caused stuttering.

Fps probably averages 60-70 with max of around 100 or so and mins of 55 @150%/DX.

ED: this is all on Shanghai btw.

Last edited:
Soldato
Will check it out later Matt.

7970's @1200/1600.

Just did, and with 4xAA it only goes to around 2.5GB vs 2.995GB @120% with Mantle.
150% with mantle went to around 3.3GB IIRC and caused stuttering.

Fps probably averages 60-70 with max of around 100 or so and mins of 55 @150%/DX.

ED: this is all on Shanghai btw.

I wouldnt bother using Shanghai for a VRAM test anymore as it seems its not very VRAM demanding now.

Try Wave Breaker, and stay outside a lot too ;)

Back
Top Bottom