• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Caporegime
Just having a little fiddle to see how high you can push the res scaling with 7970CF @Ultra/4xAA and it seems that 120% is about the limit before you run into VRAM trouble (on Shanghai at least), and I saw a peak of 2995GB.

Shame, because they have the grunt to push at least 150% maxed out with very good frames...

Wouldn't mind seeing what happens at actual resolutions, rather than just scaled.
Think i tried it at 120% and x2 msaa, will run it again just for interest sake as i cant remember how it went. My normal res is 1920x1200.

Caporegime
Mantle uses around 500mb more vram than DX for me in BF4, though it can go even higher than that after consecutive rounds. It's an application issue im afraid, im also not sure Dice will ever fix it. They say they need to redesign their memory management.

Caporegime
120% res scale, 1920x1200, x2msaa, 16xaf, blur off, post aa off HBAO on and ultra all other settings. Gtx 780 at stock, 1097/3005.

According to afterburner, max vram use was 2019mb. Map used was lancang dam cq large, 53/64 players. Hard to tell how smooth it was because of the lag, (german server).

Caporegime
Eyes and ears people, eyes and ears.

June 03 PC Game Update Notes:
- Improved/reduced explosion induced camera shake
- Character collision improvements
- Fix to reduce object damage mismatch between client/server.
- Fix explosion packs not being able to be shot sometimes
- Improvements for client side packet loss
- Client crash fixes
- AMD Mantle multi-GPU improvements
- Carrier Assault game mode reports bug fix
- High Frequency Network update
-Added High frequency “bubble” updating player movement, stance, rotation, damage and projectiles at a separate rate on foot and in vehicles
-Added option to control client side update rate setting

Just incase anyone missed that

- AMD Mantle multi-GPU improvements :cool: :cool:

Benchmarks incoming.

Caporegime
Eyes and ears people, eyes and ears.

Just incase anyone missed that

- AMD Mantle multi-GPU improvements :cool: :cool:

Benchmarks incoming.

I'm running 7970 Xfire atm and I can't see that it needs improving tbh - 120% res scaling, 1920x1200 at Ultra and 4xAA runs well over 60fps solid :D

Crossfire scaling is improved in windowed mode. Crossfire does not work at all in windowed mode under DX. You still lose a chunk of performance compared to what you'd get in full screen mode, but it's much improved from before. The best thing is we can now record Mantle footage at high res because we can now run in borderless mode and still get better performance than what crossfire disabled (single card) would offer us.

KaSyjY1.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom