• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Just played this after a break away from it, must say, it's improved a lot since the last time i played!

Running my system at stock until i set up my loop but was surprised by just how good the fps were.

Here's a pic using BF4 FTA (Ultra settings, 1080P Mantle Api)
Lds3o4V.jpg

Matt can't for the life of me remember the name of that other fps program we used along with FTA:(.

It is a bit better. Played a good long metro domination round last night with a few MLG guys. Awesome fun, ran the cpu at stock and the game was running very nicely. Had a go earlier, cpu at 4.8ghz. Felt exactly the same, tbh im starting to think that for games cpu oc'ing is largely unneccesary on a modern mid-high end cpu. Blasphemy on here i know.:D

It is a bit better. Played a good long metro domination round last night with a few MLG guys. Awesome fun, ran the cpu at stock and the game was running very nicely. Had a go earlier, cpu at 4.8ghz. Felt exactly the same, tbh im starting to think that for games cpu oc'ing is largely unneccesary on a modern mid-high end cpu. Blasphemy on here i know.:D

That's how it is on Mantle using crossfire. I run 4ghz now. :o

Tbf, compared to my old 4770k at 4.5ghz, temps on this 4790k are way way lower in games, even at 4.8 on 1.31v. 1.996 on the old chip. At stock the 4790k does boost to 4.4 though so it already has a headstart on a stock 4770k.

That's how it is on Mantle using crossfire. I run 4ghz now. :o

In most games it is not necessary to run high overclocks on the CPU as long as you are running reasonable settings in the game. In that BF4 pic I posted earlier I was only using the CPU @4.0 and had no trouble averaging over 120 fps @4K with DX11.

In most games it is not necessary to run high overclocks on the CPU as long as you are running reasonable settings in the game. In that BF4 pic I posted earlier I was only using the CPU @4.0 and had no trouble averaging over 120 fps @4K with DX11.
Only at 1920x1200 res here Kaap, run bf4 on ultra with x2 msaa which does pretty ok on a stock gtx 780, (very poor clocking card). Averages about 80fps. Mainly seeing what i can eek out of this chip at the moment. Ill probably run 4.8 for benchmarks and run it at stock for games.

After some sniffing about, here is how to set a frame cap higher then 200fps for those that need it:

In user.cfg add the line:

Gametime.maxvariablefps 500

Your new frame limit should now be 500fps...

After some sniffing about, here is how to set a frame cap higher then 200fps for those that need it:

In user.cfg add the line:

Gametime.maxvariablefps 500

Your new frame limit should now be 500fps...

That is a great find. Living up to your name again. Will try this out later.

If this works i will try running crossfire at some ridiculously cpu bottlenecked resolution like 720P or 1024x768 and see what sort of fps/gpu scaling i get under Mantle.

Sorry poor wording was referring to bf4 mantle directly as iirc kaap said at 4k mantle did very little due to how hard the cards are already working, it left little room for improvement

BF4 Mantle Vs Nvidia DX11 - 5760x1200 & 4K

290X's at stock 1000/1250 take on 780 SLI stock & ASUS STRIX GTX 780 OC.

We sadly don’t have any 4K 3840x2160 results for you in BF4. We encountered an error, shown above when trying to get 4K to work with our GeForce cards. This happened on both reference GTX 780 video cards and the ASUS STRIX. We believe it to simply be a software issue. We did try the previous driver version and the latest driver version, but still encountered the error.

RC1l5sL.gif

ztDjkhD.gif

ZRd6t1K.gif

Last edited:
Been testing out Naval strike, fps on these maps seem really good, pretty fun maps too, had a issue with one server and spikes but the rest were fine.

Nansha 64 player, Ultra settings, 1080P (4770K @4.6, 290X @1200/1400)

AVG 125.692
MAX 226.757
MIN 71.685

Mortar 64 player, Ultra settings, 1080P (4770K @4.6, 290X @1200/1400)

AVG 127.706
MAX 269.542
MIN 71.327

Wave 64 player, Ultra settings, 1080P (4770K @4.6, 290X @1200/1400)

AVG 131.037
MAX 220.099
MIN 49.826 (Had a huge spike during the map)

Lost 64 player, Ultra settings, 1080P (4770K @4.6, 290X @1200/1400)

AVG 118.955
MAX 249.377
MIN 43.328 (Again same server different map, huge spike)

Whats this 1GB update? i don't see any info on it.

Looks like Dragons Teeth..

MyBrainGottfried started playing Dragon's Teeth for Battlefield 4

Dragon's Teeth
4 all-new multiplayer maps set in Asian cities
5 weapons all-new to Battlefield 4
2 new gadgets: Ballistic Shield and the R.AW.R. unmanned ground vehicle
Link together capture points to win the battle in the new Chain Link game mode
10 new assignments with unlocks for each

:D

Looks like Dragons Teeth..

MyBrainGottfried started playing Dragon's Teeth for Battlefield 4

Dragon's Teeth
4 all-new multiplayer maps set in Asian cities
5 weapons all-new to Battlefield 4
2 new gadgets: Ballistic Shield and the R.AW.R. unmanned ground vehicle
Link together capture points to win the battle in the new Chain Link game mode
10 new assignments with unlocks for each

:D

Meh... why do i need that? i don't have Premium.

Back
Top Bottom