• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Actually i think Dice have broken it already.. lots of ppl saying no DLC and a few saying they have it. Couple of ppl say the DLC is 5GB whiles other have downloaded 1.03GB.

Oh well this is Dice so no surprise lol

PC Game Update Jul 8 Patch Notes

COMMANDER APP:
-Various bug fixes

GENERAL:
-Fix for an issue where players were able to duplicate Battle Pickups by repeatedly picking up a kit
-Fix for an issue where field upgrades would stop working after one round when players had reached the max field upgrade level
-Fix for a crash that could occur when a player left a round
-Added a 15 seconds warm-up timer for all Official games
-Created a user interface for tweaking the joystick dead zone on PC because the lack of it was preventing some players to use their joysticks
-Fix for an issue that prevented players to issue squad order around capture points during the sandstorm on Gulf of Oman
-Option added for double tap forward to sprint (when on foot)

GRAPHICAL:
-Fix for an issue where the player would get a water splash effect on the screen after crashing an EOD/MAV/SUAV into the water
-Fix for an issue where Mantle users would receive a low frame rate when running the default Mantle multi-GPU settings

MODES:
-Added a competitive Obliteration game mode

SERVERS:
-Fix for an issue where server administrators couldn’t ban players that had clan tags

USER INTERFACE:
-Added total team experience points to the end of round screen for the Capture the Flag game mode
-Added user interface options for tweaking the ADS aiming sensitivity
-Fix for an issue where the kill card wasn’t displayed in some cases in Hardcore mode
-Dog tags are rearranged in the kill cards so the right one is not obstructed

VEHICLES:
-Fix for an issue where the flag would occasionally float in mid-air when players got out of vehicles while carrying the flag
-Removed the boost button press to turn off boost for vehicles, boost should be turned off by releasing the accelerator, this makes it consistent with soldier sprint and helps using vehicle boost easier (for joystick)
-Adjusted the PWC physics so it drives/controls more nicely in all water levels
-Option added for double tap forward to boost (when driving a vehicle)

WEAPONS:
-Fix for an issue where a weapon would flail wildly after a player would die
-Removed the 2nd set of shell that are visible in the speed loader when reloading the M412 revolver
-Fix for the Hawk Shotgun missing “pump action” animation in 3rd person while crouching
-Fix for RPG-7 rocket remaining visible in the launcher after the last shot is fired while zoomed in
-Fixed the bipod animations for MTAR-21
-Foregrip in 3rd person now has hand in the correct position on M416/M417
-Fix for a broken animation when switching to AWS as main weapon

"-Fix for an issue where Mantle users would receive a low frame rate when running the default Mantle multi-GPU setting"

Anyone have that issue? ^^^

"-Fix for an issue where Mantle users would receive a low frame rate when running the default Mantle multi-GPU setting"

Anyone have that issue? ^^^

Perhaps related to the frame pace method that some had to tweak in the console?

This made me LOL :D

I think I know that bug, happens in hardcore when I get revived, my dude just starts shaking like a ******* dog until I switch weapons :p

Aye as wasn't the 'default' essentially the wrong setting for those on multi GPU with mantle? If it is that then it's taken them, what? 3 months to change a command? :p

Aye as wasn't the 'default' essentially the wrong setting for those on multi GPU with mantle? If it is that then it's taken them, what? 3 months to change a command? :p

The problem was it sacrificed a lot of fps in order to make the frame times anally consistent. Using the alternative method gave the same level of smoothness but a hefty fps boost as i documented previously.

The old default pacing Method 2

mVD6kCQ.jpg

Method 1

p1Ciuhy.jpg

Christ that's some difference in frame rate. I know frame times have been the hot topic for a while now, but I honestly ddon't believe the end user will notice much change going from ~7ms to ~11ms (as in those screens). Especially in comparison to the frames lost.

Christ that's some difference in frame rate. I know frame times have been the hot topic for a while now, but I honestly ddon't believe the end user will notice much change going from ~7ms to ~11ms (as in those screens). Especially in comparison to the frames lost.

Pcper picked up on this when they used the Nvidia tool FCAT to check frame time consistency and variance. Look at the Mantle frame variance line, it's crazy. Never seen anything like it.

rudTXIA.png

pcper said:
Mantle CrossFire results are again very flat, but at least scale up within range of the DirectX 11 CrossFire scaling. Going from a single R9 290X to a pair with the Mantle API results in 56% average frame rate scaling. That is less than the performance advantage provided by CrossFire in DirectX but if you look at the Frame Times graph, you will again see that the Mantle implementation is incredibly smooth and consistent!

Mantle multi-GPU scaling is much better and provides more tangible benefits with this platform at 2560x1440 than it does at 1920x1080, but the "flatness" of the frame times is a bit confusing. It almost appears that the Frostbite engine's implementation of frame pacing puts so much weight behind having a consistent frame rate that it is willing to sacrifice peak frame rates. In the case of our higher resolution results here, I think that trade off is worth making. The lack of ANY hitches or frame time spikes provides a spectacularly smooth gaming experience.

I was desperately trying to get Ryan to edit his article to inform AMD users that if you changed the frame pacing method using the ingame console you could unlock a boat load more of fps and keep the same consistency, unfortunately he would not do it.

Back
Top Bottom