The Intel Quadcore Database

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Pretty much. Tho you shouldn't have to touch the CPU voltage for 3ghz. But you will possibly have to adjust your memory ratio so that's it's not running too far out of spec.

Associate
ok guys, the comment about how it shows what motherboards are good makes me wanna get this Abit FP-IN9 SLI (650 SLI chipset lol) on there too! Just wait till I get my PSU back from OCZ and some semi decent cooling and I'll be on that list too ;)

Funny actually, at first I hated my motherboard so much cause it would keep crashing on me at stock settings, and I was coming to this world of quad-core from a socket754 (my core 2 imac inbetween doesnt count :p), but now I've played with a few configurations and whatever and the board actually seems to be one of the best overclockers made for the 650SLI chipset... I actually really love the board, I feel like we have some sort of connection... it's waiting for me to push it to its limits... ok i sound really sad lol

but yea... i'll be on there soon enough ;)

Associate
oh another thing, what's the lowest clockspeed to get on that table? 3.2 im assuming right?

either this motherboard doesn't like FSBs above 333 (limiting me to 3GHz) or it just wants me to give it some attention before it does...

Associate
i know you're right... i know... i just cant help wanting to see this go further though... you know, that curiosity of "how far can this baby go?" lol... the northbridge is pretty damn hot though (almost burning finger type of hot) at stock NB voltage and stock FSB (266), i think with a bit of volts and a lot better cooling it might go somewhere... i'd love to just see how far this board can go given a chance... but you're definitely right Cob, if I want to overclock this CPU properly i should get an overclockers board

Soldato
well thought I would update you on the vcore graphs which now include all Q6600 8 Hour+ Primestable overclocks here and at XS on Air and Water... Clocks that I know are duplicates I have removed

So first graph shows the actual windows load vcore require for the clock (Blue Line) and then an adjustment based on the VID of the CPU.. (Orange Line) i.e. the amount that the average VID CPU requires of the clock.. The average VID is currently: 1.25769

Vcore.jpg

Karl this next one is what I think you were asking for... its showing the extra vcore required over the VID to reach the clock

vcToVID.jpg

Permabanned
q9650mi0.jpg

CPU Q9650
Revison N/A
FPO# N/A
Clockspeed 4400 MHz
Vcore (under load in windows) 1.38
Vid (core temp) 1.1125
Motherboard Abit Quad GT
Cooling Custom water
CPU Temp 74