Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Think this might be my first upgrade cycle where I'm properly torn about committing to a new 24 month contract for latest iPhone. I am still pretty happy with my iPhone 6 Plus. Back in 2014 when I was due an upgrade I desperately wanted to move on from the iPhone 5. Don't feel that way at all this time. Guess the 6 is just too good.

Happy to just see what iOS 10 offers and leave it at that for now. Feels nice knowing my contract has completed so I might just jump over to a sim only deal with EE and save myself about £20 a month.

Think this might be my first upgrade cycle where I'm properly torn about committing to a new 24 month contract for latest iPhone. I am still pretty happy with my iPhone 6 Plus. Back in 2014 when I was due an upgrade I desperately wanted to move on from the iPhone 5. Don't feel that way at all this time. Guess the 6 is just too good.

Same

Really tempted just to wait another 12 months and see if the rumored massive revamp fro the 10 year anniversary happens.

In pure calendar terms, my current contract ends in less than a week, so the timing is perfect - have registered interest with Three this morning for a matt black 7+. There's a couple of family members queueing up to take possession of my old IP6, which I don't mind - nice if someone can get further use out of it!

I'm hoping the Lightning > 3.5mm adapter will be up to the job - my ageing Volvo lacks the swish Bluetooth connection of modern cars, so playing music from my phone in the car relies on the 3.5mm jack.

I'm slightly annoyed that Apple are obviously holding something radical back until the tenth anniversary this time next year, but the 7 is still a lovely bit of kit, so what the hell ...

Those wireless headphones look pretty terrible. Will fall out and get trampled on or lost.

Smacks of design decisions just for the sake of it. :confused:

Agreed. I don't understand why they have the extended bit when you could probably just make the earpiece just that little bit bigger to accommodate the components

The upgrade program works out as the equivalent of recycling the 7 for £268 and the plus for £316 each year - which is on the low end but potentially a lot less hassle.

The downside is that you effectively pay more for Applecare as you would pay £71.40 per year rather than effectively £59.50 per year if purchased seperately.

Also if you dont upgrade and pay the full 20 months you still have a phone to sell on so overall its not a bad deal if you want applecare.

Please point me to the Android phone with 2x optical zoom and that runs iOS.

Not iOS, but the new LG V20 and the LG G5 has 2x optical zoom (albeit the other way, wider angle to wide rather than wide to standard), so it's not exactly a new thing. Of course, Apple's execution is likely better and arguably wide to standard is more useful than super wide to wide.

Please point me to the Android phone with 2x optical zoom and that runs iOS.

Forget it, you're talking to a wall.

Funny how the Android zealots always feel the need to come into Apple launch threads and stir things up yet you rarely see the same the other way around.

Much like Samsung themselves feel the need to take shots at Apple whenever they can (jumping on the 'bendgate' bandwagon anyone?) yet you don't see Apple having a dig at Samsung when it turns out their latest phones catch fire or aren't actually waterproof.

All rather sad and smacks of an inferiority problem.

I think I'm just going to sign up to the upgrade program. I just got out of my Three contract early due to no signal in my new house and place of work. The 7+ and a £20 Giffgaff sim will cost me about the same as what I was paying on contract but with the added bonus that I get a new phone every year rather than every 2.
A shame you can't sign up to it online and have to go to a store. Getting to places is somewhat difficult for me.

Very interesting poll results!

To all those claiming you're not buying because of the headphone jack removal, are you thus saying you're never going to buy another iPhone? Are you switching to Android? What are you going to do when all the Android phones remove the jack too?

Same

Really tempted just to wait another 12 months and see if the rumored massive revamp fro the 10 year anniversary happens.

It will, for three reasons:

1. Apple won't let the 10th anniversary go by without something big
2. There have already been too many rumours about next year's phone
3. They gave us another minor bump this year instead of the redesign we were 'due'.

I reckon anyone signing up to a fresh 24 month contract for a 7 now is going to be very annoyed when next year's model arrives and they're stuck in the middle of a contract.

Hmmm I have always upgraded but feel underwhelmed this time. I don't know if it's because I'm getting old, my wife will moan or if the changes are too slight.

Feel a bit meh.

I do wonder why I read these things sometimes but OMG there are some very ignorant keyboard warriors here.

As EVH said.. the price increase is Brexit, plain and simple. Apple are an american company who operate in dollars building things in china who are paid in dollars.. getting something like 15% less dollars to the pound is affecting EVERYTHING. You voted Brexit? Enjoy your inflation because it's coming across the board, I know people in tech, food, accessories etc and they are ALL preparing price increases now because their hedged dollars are running out.

The airpods.. don't like them? Don't buy them! There are millions of bluetooth options which are getting better and better all the time, it's so obvious you have an agenda if you choose to ignore the fact that Apple are a very small part of the overall headphone market (if you look past the "most popular" tag from the amount they include in box). If anything Apple have done the market a massive favour by going mainstream with a relatively (in comparison to motorola verve/bragi etc) cheap price. They're creating and turbocharging a market, nothing more. In fact I'd go so far as to say the airpods are more marketing than sales targeted.

Final point.. I'm afraid with a supply chain the likes of which Apple have now means secrets and surprises are nigh on impossible. You can have the product be available 2 or 3 months after the announcement or have leaks. Millions of people work on these things.. I'm surprised there's not more leaks, the past is the past and the death of one last thing is down to their success.

Oh yeah and moaning about no macs and ipads is like turning up to mcdonalds and complaining about the lack of a whopper. They'll be doing other events, they too are now massive categories so they either go on for hours or split it up, they'll come.. we all know they're coming.

I have to say I was hoping for something different, something more. We have stalled in mobile phone development but I was hoping for something more from a new iteration than what feels like a 6S-S.

I voted for "I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker" while not strictly true it is the nail in the coffin for me. Coming from a 6, there are a few cons but the biggest of which is loosing the 3.5mm jack and these out weight the (IMO) lacklustre pros of a faster processor, better battery life etc.

This leaves me with the decision of do I keep my 6 for another 1 or 2 years and see what the 7S or 8 has to offer. Alternatively do I jump ship now and switch to Android even though I would rather stay with iOS.

Back
Top Bottom