Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Funny how the Android zealots always feel the need to come into Apple launch threads and stir things up yet you rarely see the same the other way around.

It's rare now but it used to be rife back when Apple genuinely were light years ahead of Android phones.

So you're contemplating "downsizing" from a 6 to a 5SE? Interesting.

Someone else said that, specs wise they're both a improvement on the 6 with the SE having better battery life if i remember correctly. Yes it's a drop in screen size but having gone in and played with the SE I feel it handles better than a 6 in some ways?

If I do get one (:p), it'll be hard to decide between the two black colours. Matte black is very tempting but then so is the gloss. On balance I think the matte could be a better choice especially considering the gloss is prone to scratching.

I think I'd need to see them in person to decide. Ultimately I tend to use a case which renders it fairly redundant anyway.

I almost went for gold last time (purely for a change) but I just can't get on with the front of the phone being white.

I have to say I was hoping for something different, something more. We have stalled in mobile phone development but I was hoping for something more from a new iteration than what feels like a 6S-S.

I voted for "I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker" while not strictly true it is the nail in the coffin for me. Coming from a 6, there are a few cons but the biggest of which is loosing the 3.5mm jack and these out weight the (IMO) lacklustre pros of a faster processor, better battery life etc.

This leaves me with the decision of do I keep my 6 for another 1 or 2 years and see what the 7S or 8 has to offer. Alternatively do I jump ship now and switch to Android even though I would rather stay with iOS.

I made the jump to Android and tbh, I am actually enjoying my Note 7 (even though it could explode until it's replaced)

It's no where near as laggy as I expected it to be, the ability to change pretty much everything I want, together with the s-pen and retina scanner make it a very decent phone.

Coming from an iPhone 6 which I really couldn't fault I still feel like I made the right change.

I'm hoping the iPhone 8 brings some more features.

Last edited:
Well I've decided that I'm over the price hike so instead of a 128GB Plus I'm just going to max out with the 256GB version.

I have 40GB of photos and videos on my phone at the moment, and I'm sure that will go up now 60FPS is available on 4K. Plus it would be nice to download more music to my phone from Apple Music rather than stream it all, especially for things like the gym and while driving.

A grand on a phone but oh well, I'm glued to it day in day out so I definitely get my monies worth

I've thought about it and I think I'm going for the matte black 128GB 7+ on the Upgrade program. Gives me the opportunity to upgrade this year and still get a new one next year.

Means going back to a kind of contract model which I'm not too happy about but at least I get to keep my sim-only deal still.

I've got a 6 at the moment a 64GB model and I think I'm going to go for the plus this time. I'm not sure if I should go for the 128gb model or the 256gb model as I've already maxed out my 64GB 6. Also not sure on what color I normally get the gold one but thinking about the black one this time... Also are there any good full phone cases? I've broken two screen in the last 6 months from dropping my phone :( Or a decent case that will minimize the chances of this happening.

Also not sure if I should buy the phone out right and then go Sim only or if I should just get it on a contract :(

Last edited:
You buying outright or Upgrade program, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm sure it costs more money to buy the phone through the upgrade program (when I was trying to work out the cost) with the 128GB 7+ but maybe I'm wrong. But I feel that's my best option rather than buying outright as I can upgrade to the rumoured 'real' next iPhone next year then let the 20months lapse.

Well I've decided that I'm over the price hike so instead of a 128GB Plus I'm just going to max out with the 256GB version.

I have 40GB of photos and videos on my phone at the moment, and I'm sure that will go up now 60FPS is available on 4K. Plus it would be nice to download more music to my phone from Apple Music rather than stream it all, especially for things like the gym and while driving.

A grand on a phone but oh well, I'm glued to it day in day out so I definitely get my monies worth

there is no 60fps on the new iphone

What is the upgrade program? I'm out of contract with O2 this month and don't know if I should buy the phone out right, get another contract or what are the other options?

Thanks

The airpods.. don't like them? Don't buy them! There are millions of bluetooth options

And the millions of truck and car owners with only aux in for the long distance journeys, the owners of all those hifi systems with no bluetooth, the hipster audiophiles with pair of £500 Beyers around their neck and all the staff stuck on 10 hour shifts outside in the open with only their expensive Apple Beats to keep them company... so want to show your "market charging" a big fat middle finger right now...

Oh yeah and moaning about no macs and ipads is like turning up to mcdonalds and complaining about the lack of a whopper.

Terrible example, completely doesn't fit. :)

Do you realise how much people are paying when their contract is 30£ a month + ?? Have you done the calculations? ;)

909 +15 a month for 12 months (based on 3's rolling sim contract) is 1089 for a phone and a year or for 24 months to match the fact a new contract is almost always 24 months now £1269

a 24 month contract at 42 per month for unlimited from 3 is £1008

unless you're paying £52 a month (some people probably are) or more 909 is a lot of money to pay just for the phone. OFC if you shop around i'm sure Giff gaff would hook you up for about £10 a month but it's still expensive.

Last edited:
What is the upgrade program? I'm out of contract with O2 this month and don't know if I should buy the phone out right, get another contract or what are the other options?

Thanks

Basically you buy the phone for £49 up front and the rest financed interest-free over 20 months.

After one year you have the option to trade your phone in for the new model but you start the 20 month cycle again.

Well, just set up my sim only contract with EE. £19.99 a month for 12 months giving 8gb data and unlimited everything else. Feeling pretty happy about the decision. In 12 months time I will likely buy a 7S or whatever it'll be outright and keep the sim only deal going on that phone. Happy to skip the 7 right now.

I'm sure it costs more money to buy the phone through the upgrade program (when I was trying to work out the cost) with the 128GB 7+ but maybe I'm wrong. But I feel that's my best option rather than buying outright as I can upgrade to the rumoured 'real' next iPhone next year then let the 20months lapse.

Nope it's basically an interest free finance option over 20 months which costs you no more than buying outright.

They're hoping people go for it on this basis with the intention of paying it off over 20 months, then get seduced by the upgrade option a year down the line.

Oh well, I'll find another reason to justify 256GB I'm sure :p

TBH if you're going to spend £819 on the 128GB, you may as well spend another 12% for double the space.

Back
Top Bottom