Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Only if you continue to do it every year, which seems unlikely for a lot of people.

At which point you pay for the full 20 months then end your relationship with apple while still holding their latest phone which you bought for cost + 0% interest and can keep or sell as you choose.

Not overly impressed tbh. Still rocking my 6 and I can't see any reason to upgrade. Waterproof would be nice. 3.5mm jack missing is a big step backwards (imo). I think I may try Android again when my 6 dies.

I'm waiting patiently for the rMBP announcement. I'm worried about the price hike looking at this though.

I'm on sim-only and activated it without any problems. Text "iPhone visual" (no quotes) to 150

Yeah all sorted. Thanks. So when I get a new iPhone is it just a simple case of putting my existing sim in it? (Assuming new phone next year doesn't have some new sim design!)

iPhone 7 gloss 256gb for me... ordering tomorrow. i always like to get the latest apple phone. And why not, doesn't cost me anything. I can always sell my old out of contract unlocked prev gen for the same price i'll be paying for my new one.

Though they're doing away with 2yr contracts (USA based) and given the fact i always get my carrier to change my personal number to a one yr contract, i'm not quite sure how its going to work this yr. But i already have them working on it !

So you can get £919 for an iPhone 6s?

I was going to get the jet black but I think I will go for matt now. Apparently the ones people tested after the event were already getting scratches on them.

I want an upgrade from my 6 and if next years iPhone is a stunner I will just sell this for a bit of a loss and buy the new one.

Looking at the prices to pay via the Upgrade program + a sim only deal, I'd be no better off than if I just stick with Three and upgrade with them....

You don't have to take the ac+ option and can just opt for the phone at zero interest and a guaranteed buy back after 11 months for like ottomh £480.

Buy back? No, you hand the phone back after month 11 and get nothing in return. You're just obligated to sign up to another 20 month payment plan.

If you upgrade at month 11, and then change your mind and return the new phone, you don't get the old phone back either.

Last edited:
Even if you stop you will still only be paying normal price for the last phone which you get to keep.

At which point you pay for the full 20 months then end your relationship with apple while still holding their latest phone which you bought for cost + 0% interest and can keep or sell as you choose.

But you'll have still paid however much (£416.95 minimum) for leasing (effectively) the previous phones with nothing tangible to show for it. It's still better to buy outright in the first place and sell it to fund the next model.

Apple are relying on people doing this to make money. They make nothing extra from people who pay the full 20 months, and lose a little (probably) from people who upgrade every year. People who pay more than half the value of a phone, and then give that phone back for nothing (for Apple to then sell as refurbished or whatever) AND agree to pay full price for another new phone... Cha-ching!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom