Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Its already been mentioned that you could save by selling privately but that means risking Ebay etc - selling a phone can be a nightmare so dealing direct with Apple would be preferable.

It depends on how many times you upgrade though, and how much you could get selling. My estimate of £400 is probably quite low (recent sold prices on eBay for a 16GB 6S range from £350-500), so you're looking at closer to £100 a year difference. If sold privately, maybe £150 a year difference. After a few upgrades, that's a huge difference.

For that kind of money, I'd rather buy outright (or pay off the payment plan) every year and sell each model to upgrade. Some people won't care however, and it's those people Apple will profit from.

Last edited:
I'm undecided between the 7 and 7 Plus. Has anyone gone from one size to the other? I've got a bumper on my current 6 but feel I could go bigger with the 7 Plus. In addition, it includes better battery life, presumably more memory and better camera.

I used to carry both work/personal, now i only carry the plus, the first day or two it felt big but now is just right,.

Do you pay for your gas, electricity and water all at once at the end of the year?

Paying monthly or quarterly for an ongoing service provision is not the same as using credit to buy a product outright.

The analogy here would be airtime. No issues with people paying monthly for their airtime contract as that's an ongoing service provision and you have no choice really. Using credit to buy a phone is a different proposition altogether.

Maybe I'm just getting old but I see how much people are prepared to stump up every month just to get the latest and greatest phone that they don't really need and I think it's no wonder the whole country's in debt.

There was no new iPad yesterday but i can see the base models has increased by £50 directly from Apple.... :mad:

Hope other shops don't follow.

Blame your brexit friends!

Doesn't matter how many times you all try and ignore it but anything produced or supplied or imported in dollars just got 15% more expensive.. it's just a straight up fact.

$1.50 to the £ in June, $1.33 today.

I don't expect Apple have really put anything up, they'll just be maintaining their (albeit healthy) profit margins.. but they have shareholders.. they're not a charity.

Oh and we haven't had much of this but just in case we get the "rip off britain" crowd in, remember US prices are all subject to sales tax.. the prices are effectively ex VAT.

Maybe I'm just getting old but I see how much people are prepared to stump up every month just to get the latest and greatest phone that they don't really need and I think it's no wonder the whole country's in debt.

No you're just sticking your nose in other people's business. Standard internet.

It depends on how many times you upgrade though, and how much you could get selling. My estimate of £400 is probably quite low (recent sold prices on eBay for a 16GB 6S range from £350-500), so you're looking at closer to £100 a year difference. If sold privately, maybe £150 a year difference. After a few upgrades, that's a huge difference.

For that kind of money, I'd rather buy outright (or pay off the payment plan) every year and sell each model to upgrade. Some people won't care however, and it's those people Apple will profit from.

Its more about risk IMO - you only have to get ripped off once on ebay to be £100's out of pocket - plus apple arent likely to be as fussed about scratches as a private buyer.

Think am going buy outright was going do the upgrade plan But after some though and math I get £400 for my current iPhone. New one will
Be £719. So £319 out of my pocket is lower than Apple upgrade plan

People are saying this is more like an S update because of no design overhaul. Well what do you expect from now on a new phone? The design is basically perfect. Do people want a complete new shape every 2 years? We've had a rectangle, now a rounded rectangle. Do people want a triangle next?

I just hope they drop prices if the pound goes the other way!

I'll accept that's quite unlikely lol.. well at least not until next year. To be honest the long term projection is for it to get a whole lot worse when we do article 50.

It's caused chaos to be honest but because we have the telegraph/mail screeching misinformation from the front pages saying "See! Everything is fine!" and the effects are quite delayed those who don't deal in mixed currencies could be forgiven for not noticing.

But that's a different thread lol.

People are saying this is more like an S update because of no design overhaul. Well what do you expect from now on a new phone? The design is basically perfect. Do people want a complete new shape every 2 years? We've had a rectangle, now a rounded rectangle. Do people want a triangle next?

I used to work at a case brand and we always joked that it was going to be round when we started presenting the new range.

If you approach this with a sober head (unlikely on the interweb I know) the very fact they've managed to pretty much entirely redesign it whilst only refining the design is in many ways more impressive than if they'd made wholesale changes.

It just frustrates me that because bit that is by far the easiest to produce and design (the outside) hasn't changed everyone is up in arms that they haven't changed it at all. Its short sighted and ridiculous.

Think am going buy outright was going do the upgrade plan But after some though and math I get £400 for my current iPhone. New one will
Be £719. So £319 out of my pocket is lower than Apple upgrade plan

Are you sure? Don't forget that you will still have the £400 cash for your old phone.

I've always sold my 'old' phones on AVF as the iTrader system and buy/sell forums are pretty good. What I have noticed the last few years is the average price you get for a mint or near-mint condition 'last years' iPhone has gotten noticably worse though so it's become slightly less attractive as prospect.

What I have noticed the last few years is the average price you get for a mint or near-mint condition 'last years' iPhone has gotten noticably worse though so it's become slightly less attractive as prospect.

This seems to be true from what I can see on eBay too, as well as recycle prices. Which does make the Upgrade Programme more attractive.

I guess it was inevitable with so many being sold. Too many people trying to sell them on.

Back
Top Bottom