Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The minor design difference between the 6/6S and 7 is no different to how the 4/4S and 5/5S shared the same aesthetic.

Yes, but the 4 was much different in design terms than the 5. From those upgrading from the 4S, the 5 was "new".

6 > 6S > 7 is the first time they've kept the same form factor for 3 iterations, so it seems much less of an update, IMO.

Apple could troll everyone with the 8 and release the same form factor again and call it the 7S :D

Soldato
Think am going buy outright was going do the upgrade plan But after some though and math I get £400 for my current iPhone. New one will
Be £719. So £319 out of my pocket is lower than Apple upgrade plan

This makes no sense, mathematically.

You would get £400 for your current iphone regardless.

Soldato
This makes no sense, mathematically.

You would get £400 for your current iphone regardless.

If I went and get a iPhone on the upgrade plan it will cost me around £435 over 11 month this won't be my phone unless I pay remaining or upgrade.

If I sold my current phone I will only need pay £319 for new phone. If I repeat this every year surely it better value?

Soldato
It's an interest free loan over 20 instalments.

You don't have to upgrade, ever (although that's obviously what Apple hope you do)

You could, theoretically, invest the £400 from your iphone sale and make the net cost a few quid cheaper, or just keep £400 in your savings for emergencies over the year instead of having it tied up in your phone.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
You don't have to take AppleCare + on the upgrade plan.

Presumably if you want to use it, you just reserve for pick up, and choose to take out the upgrade plan at the point of sale?

Soldato
It's an interest free loan over 20 instalments.

You don't have to upgrade, ever (although that's obviously what Apple hope you do)

You could, theoretically, invest the £400 from your iphone sale and make the net cost a few quid cheaper, or just keep £400 in your savings for emergencies over the year instead of having it tied up in your phone.

The upgrade plan is more money as it includes the Apple care and can
Upgrade after 11 month

The other one without Apple care is the value of the phone but can't upgrade after 11 month

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm seriously failing to see what all the fuss/problem is about :confused:

Its an annoyance but nothing more for 99% of people. You will be able to get a lightning to 3.5mm adaptor with a passthrough so you can charge it at the same time if thats an issue. I will use the bundled headphones or just use the little adaptor.

People love to be outraged these days and to rag on apple. They do something, they get slated, they don't do something and they get slated. They still sell millions of phones each year so the whinging voices of a few are just heard because they shout the loudest.

Associate
The upgrade plan is more money as it includes the Apple care and can Upgrade after 11 month

The other one without Apple care is the value of the phone but can't upgrade after 11 month
That passed me by, thanks for pointing it out (and anyone else who's comment I missed) I see the non Upgrade plan is called Payments and is a straight interest free loan. So you must take AC if you want to upgrade every 12 months.

Soldato
Financially the upgrade plan makes no sense...

But why would you say no to an interest free loan (the iphone only plan) from Apple and keep your cash liquid?

Soldato
Financially the upgrade plan makes no sense...

But why would you say no to an interest free loan (the iphone only plan) from Apple and keep your cash liquid?

That is something I just though about but like know if I can pay that off early when a new one comes out

Back
Top Bottom